1. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 17:371 edit
    Create a ladder for clans (similar to individual) and you have to challenge clans within 10 places of you and if you win you replace them, like the normal ladder.
    It would make it more interesting than seeing Metallica on top of the table every time.

BW
  2. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 17:46
    fun
  3. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 17:48
    I like it, but what do see would constitute a representative group of players to represent the clan? A group of 3? 5? More?

What happens to that group's ranking on the ladder if one of the members who played to earn that rank isn't available or leaves the clan?

Not saying this is a bad idea, just how would that part work?
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 18:21
    Originally posted by BIGWAD
    Create a ladder for clans (similar to individual) and you have to challenge clans within 10 places of you and if you win you replace them, like the normal ladder.
    It would make it more interesting than seeing Metallica on top of the table every time.

BW
    Your idea is not worked out that much. As sbacat pointed out; whos playing? Everyone? The strongest player? A group of players? The clanleaders?

There already is something like this ladder idea, but then in league form:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/clanleague/overview.php
  5. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 21:48
    Originally posted by sbacat
    I like it, but what do see would constitute a representative group of players to represent the clan? A group of 3? 5? More?

What happens to that group's ranking on the ladder if one of the members who played to earn that rank isn't available or leaves the clan?

Not saying this is a bad idea, just how would that part work?
    Maybe just the 5 of your choice?
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 08:04
    Isn't this what clan leagues are for?
  7. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 09:17
    Surely it is quicker and easier to have a ladder as the better clans can bounce to the top instead of just being in league 5 and demolishing everyone .
  8. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 12:39
    Originally posted by BIGWAD
    Surely it is quicker and easier to have a ladder as the better clans can bounce to the top instead of just being in league 5 and demolishing everyone .
    In ladder form, new clans (who can possibly be strong) should probably be placed at the bottom of the ladder, therefor also have to 'demolish' a couple of clans befor moving up the ladder.

At first i thought this idea would very much be like the leagues as we have them now. But the leagues happen in seasons and can take pretty long. A clanranking in ladder form would be more dynamic and have faster turnover of 'ladder-challenges'.

It would work pretty much the same as the ladders for individuals, clans would challenge a clan above them, and get challenged by a clan below them. A range of 10 clans would be to much, I would suggest a lower number, maybe only be able to challenge the clan 1,2,3 ranks above yours.
    The challeging clan would select a team of about 3(-4) members (not to many in my opinion because you would have to put to many members in challenges if you also want multiple ladders with different timecontrols) to play. Then the challenged clan gets an x amount of days to select a team to defend the challenge. After this second team is entered the games would start. I would suggest it would look very much like normal challenges. The highest rated player (by tournament entry rating) of team 1 would play 2 games (white+black) vs the highest rated player of team 2. The lowest rated of team 1 plays the lowest rated of team 2...etc.
    When the challeging clan wins the ladder-challenge they would get the rank of the challenged clan, and the challenged clan would drop 1 rank.
    When the challeging clan loses, or its a draw nothing happens.

Any more thoughts??
  9. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 18:28
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    [
    Any more thoughts??[/b]
    Nope I agree with that
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 06:52
    i like it.
  11. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 18:52
    Russ gonna look at this😉
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Nov '09 13:32
    Yes. Clan ladders are planned, and yes, we will need to have a fixed number of players per clan ladder challenge.

It will be fairly complex to implement this, but hopefully I can build off the existing ladder work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree