1. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    31 Jul '20 18:48
    At the moment, there is no reward and thus incentive for winning a tournament other than a little cup icon at the side of the tournament title.
    Even though rating points aren't really very representaive of a players ability , my suggestion is a bonus of say 100 rating points for winning a tournament as a way to give some meaning to them.
    Another idea would be something in the stats to say how many tournaments a player has won alongside the games won stats for example or even as a wagon wheel.
    Personally, without looking at my profile I have no idea how many I have won/lost over the years.
    It might be of interest to others as well.For example, I doubt Aspasia who I have played many times has ever lost a tournament!!
  2. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    31 Jul '20 19:29
    @venda said
    At the moment, there is no reward and thus incentive for winning a tournament other than a little cup icon at the side of the tournament title.
    Even though rating points aren't really very representaive of a players ability , my suggestion is a bonus of say 100 rating points for winning a tournament as a way to give some meaning to them.
    Another idea would be something in the ...[text shortened]... thers as well.For example, I doubt Aspasia who I have played many times has ever lost a tournament!!
    Good thread. I solely play tournaments, usually banded. At the moment we have our victories listed at the bottom of our main page and agree a separate mention would be an improvement.

I like your wagon wheel idea but would prefer a 'tournament record' section underneath the 'ladder rank' on the left hand side of our profile featuring tournaments entered and number of victories. I don't agree with bonus points though.
  3. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 12:05
    I'm quite happy with the points I gain (or lose) through playing each game in the tournament. I would be a bit worried that an extra 100 points, or maybe 200 if I'm particularly lucky, would mean I was then only eligible to enter (higher banded) tournaments I have absolutely no chance in.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 12:29
    @c-j-horse said
    I'm quite happy with the points I gain (or lose) through playing each game in the tournament. I would be a bit worried that an extra 100 points, or maybe 200 if I'm particularly lucky, would mean I was then only eligible to enter (higher banded) tournaments I have absolutely no chance in.
    Good point CJ and thanks for the comments
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 12:32
    @neilarini said
    Good thread. I solely play tournaments, usually banded. At the moment we have our victories listed at the bottom of our main page and agree a separate mention would be an improvement.

I like your wagon wheel idea but would prefer a 'tournament record' section underneath the 'ladder rank' on the left hand side of our profile featuring tournaments entered and number of victories. I don't agree with bonus points though.
    No, the bonus point idea is probably a non starter if only for the reason mentioned by CJ.
    Thanks for your comments
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    02 Aug '20 17:421 edit
    @venda

Hmm, yeah, maybe some little indicator under the star wings or somewhere prominent to show (e.g.) "won 12 tournaments" -- maybe Trophy-Cup icon N (for the number).

(speaking as the unexpected winner of two tournaments so far)
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Aug '20 18:06
    @caesar-salad said
    @venda

Hmm, yeah, maybe some little indicator under the star wings or somewhere prominent to show (e.g.) "won 12 tournaments" -- maybe Trophy-Cup icon N (for the number).

(speaking as the unexpected winner of two tournaments so far)
    Never underestimate yourself! 😉

-VR
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '20 11:20
    @c-j-horse said
    The bands aren’t big a difference, if you’re good enough to win a tournament you’ll be competitive in the next band up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree