1. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    07 May '10 03:49
    I propose an option to withdraw from a tourament at the end of a round, so you didn't have to play games you didn't want.

A lot of people withdraw from touraments by just resigning all the games, but it would be more graceful if they could not be given the games to begin with.

This would also help in the cases of the people who enter banded tourneys and then are ridiculed for playing in them a few months later when there rating rises a few hundred points.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 16:43
    A good suggestion indeed. you could just add a little dustbin at the trounament list, people could click on them and go out after completion of the round.
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 18:35
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    I propose an option to withdraw from a tourament at the end of a round, so you didn't have to play games you didn't want.

A lot of people withdraw from touraments by just resigning all the games, but it would be more graceful if they could not be given the games to begin with.

This would also help in the cases of the people who enter banded tour ...[text shortened]... ridiculed for playing in them a few months later when there rating rises a few hundred points.
    No, not a good idea.

If you are not willing to go the distance don't enter the tournament.

The players that are ridiculed are predominately those whose rating has dropped significantly only to return months later and then are able to enter a much lower banded tournament that their true ability.

These players deserve the hecking and ridiculing they receive. There are plenty of open tournaments that they could enter, no need to join a lower banded tournament other than them wanting the cheap win.

The amount of "new players" who rating will rise significantly above the original entry threshhold is very few.

What criteria are used to decide who then gets through when someone decides they don't want to progress? Are the games of the withdrawn player treated as if they never happened? Is that fair on the player who beat them when their opponents lost?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree