1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Apr '10 04:31
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    Responsible individuals will not accept games whose time controls are too fast for them.

If your rating is really that important to you, then I believe you are among a minority.
    Take a look at my graph, genius, and then ask me if my rating is that important to me.

Besides, I wasn't talking about me, I was talking about people who prey on others and inflate their ratings by only playing 1/0. It's rarely about wanting fast games. It's about wanting wins without "wasting" time earning them.
  2. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    05 Apr '10 23:41
    Your graph illustrates the point that I am trying to prove perfectly.

You accepted a lot of games whose time controls you were unable to play. Why were you unable to play them? I don't know. Perhaps it was a family emergency, loss of internet connection, or simply lack of interest. However, if you had played games with longer time controlls, (or simply not played any at all, if you were experiencing a loss of interest), you wouldn't have lost those games.

The same goes for people who win a large percentage of their games by timeout. The fault lies with their opponents, not with them. If people are unable of playing certain timeouts, they need not accept them. I'm not forcing anyone to play with timeouts they cannot play
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 11:16

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree