1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 23:58
    Originally posted by rwingett
    They're both striving for a world of peace and justice where there is no poverty or suffering. But one thinks you can sit back and pray for god to deliver it into your lap in some distant future, while the other recognizes that we have to build it ourselves in the here and now.
    Well, man has been striving for what his idea of peace is for the last 6000 years of recorded history, and it isn't getting any better.

We don't need to pray for God to do what he said he will do. We're just waiting for him to return and set things right.

But let's not argue about this. We both know what the other is going to say anyway. 😉
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 00:23
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]The human race. Actually the whole of creation. But since God's grace is being extended to sinners, I guess that means mankind.

Why would Jesus warn the people listening to Him about a sin that cannot be committed?[/b]
    In the dispensation, (oikonomia - administration (of a household or estate); specifically a (religious) "economy". Stewardship) that Jesus made that statement, one could commit such a sin.

"But now", in this "dispensation of the grace of God", one cannot out-sin grace. In other words, the mechanism necessary to blaspheme the Holy Spirit is not within our power.

I may not have worded that last sentence correctly. And all this probably sounds unbelievable. But I hope you catch the drift of what I mean.

I first started this line of reasoning in response to your original post. I may be reaching here, but if you think you have committed such a sin, then forget it. God's grace is sufficient to cover any sin man can think of.
    But one day this "dispensation" will close, and God will resume the prophetic program.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 01:19
    Well, man has been striving for what his idea of peace is for the last 6000 years of recorded history, and it isn't getting any better.

We don't need to pray for God to do what he said he will do. We're just waiting for him to return and set things right.

But let's not argue about this. We both know what the other is going to say anyway. 😉
    I'm not sure you do. Even though I concede that Jesus probably never said 'imagine there's no heaven', I think his original message was more in line with Lennon's lyrics than with what the first poster's lyrics. His followers themselves were meant to build the 'kingdom of god' in the here and now. You've convinced yourself that Paul's teachings are synonymous with Jesus', but I don't think they are.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 01:41
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I'm not sure you do. Even though I concede that Jesus probably never said 'imagine there's no heaven', I think his original message was more in line with Lennon's lyrics than with what the first poster's lyrics. His followers themselves were meant to build the 'kingdom of god' in the here and now. You've convinced yourself that Paul's teachings are synonymous with Jesus', but I don't think they are.
    "You've convinced yourself that Paul's teachings are synonymous with Jesus', but I don't think they are."

I want to be accurate as to what I am going to say here in response to this statement, so as to not start an argument.

The apostle Paul received by revelation, that body of doctrine contained in his epistles, from the glorified Lord Jesus Christ. Forgive the language. It sounds religious. I'm not religious. I'm just taking it out of the book.
    So, essentially they are synonymous. Don't you think?
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 10:23
    We're just waiting for him to return and set things right.
    i turn my back for 6000 years and look what you did. well im back now.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 12:36
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i turn my back for 6000 years and look what you did. well im back now.
    Please help us.
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 16:17
    Please help us.
    what would you do without me? 😵
  8. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 01:29
    Originally posted by johnchp3
    Today is 07/07/07 and my birthday is also today and I'm 77.
    As we know 7 is considered to be a lucky number. God also uses 7 numerous
    time in the Bible. To commemorate this date which only happens
    once each century is a poem about Heaven as follows:

A Glimpse At Heaven

Be dismayed not--a better world is approaching.
    After Armageddon--perf ...[text shortened]...
    sincerely trusting only in Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and repent of one’s sins.
    right on brother
  9. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 01:43
    Originally posted by johnchp3
    Today is 07/07/07 and my birthday is also today and I'm 77.
    As we know 7 is considered to be a lucky number. God also uses 7 numerous
    time in the Bible. To commemorate this date which only happens
    once each century is a poem about Heaven as follows:
    To commemorate this date, you figured the best thing to do was to post to a discussion board on a chess site?

Go....cross-stitch it or something.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 02:49
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    To commemorate this date, you figured the best thing to do was to post to a discussion board on a chess site?

Go....cross-stitch it or something.
    You never know, that old man might be able to cross-stitch you. 😉
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 03:04
    You never know, that old man might be able to cross-stitch you. 😉
    Lol! Yeah, I know an old guy in his 80's who is one of the most computer savvy, intelligent people I work with! He worked in the NASA Research Development Center since 1955, and knows more than I do about computers and airplanes.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 03:08
    Originally posted by SharpeMother
    Lol! Yeah, I know an old guy in his 80's who is one of the most computer savvy, intelligent people I work with! He worked in the NASA Research Development Center since 1955, and knows more than I do about computers and airplanes.
    It looks like we're the only ones posting out here tonight!
  13. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 03:09
    It looks like we're the only ones posting out here tonight!
    Yeah, it's slow this weekend.
  14. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 03:461 edit
    In the dispensation, (oikonomia - administration (of a household or estate); specifically a (religious) "economy". Stewardship) that Jesus made that statement, one could commit such a sin.

"But now", in this "dispensation of the grace of God", one cannot out-sin grace. In other words, the mechanism necessary to blaspheme the Holy Spirit is not within our ...[text shortened]...
    But one day this "dispensation" will close, and God will resume the prophetic program.
    So, to be clear, you think that Jesus warned His Disciples about a sin during his one/three-year
    ministry only to have such a serious warning erased by 'the blood of the Lamb?' That is, the sin
    only existed for no more than three years?

Nemesio
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 03:59
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    So, to be clear, you think that Jesus warned His Disciples about a sin during his one/three-year
    ministry only to have such a serious warning erased by 'the blood of the Lamb?' That is, the sin
    only existed for no more than three years?

Nemesio
    We're up late tonight!
    To answer your question, not exactly.
    Two things. Until Jesus spoke of such a sin, was it possible to commit it?
    And, as I said, when this dispensation ends, then it will be possible to blaspheme the Holy Spirit again.
    Is this clear? Is it interesting as a possibility to you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree