1 Corinthians 7

1 Corinthians 7

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
01 Mar 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
You said 'The implication here, which I hope most of us can agree, is that sex outside of marriage is immoral.'

How is that not a question about my personal morality? You ask if we agree with the implications of the text. I don't.
Implication of the text. Did you write it? Author intent is what I was getting at.

We'll see if dive responds to this thread. I started it for him.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Mar 17

Originally posted by Eladar
Implication of the text. Did you write it? Author intent is what I was getting at.

We'll see if dive responds to this thread. I started it for him.
This is rich.

One of the literalists talking about "author intent".

I doubt you have any clue about the "author intent". Your posting history in this and other forums shows that you don't.

E

Moves
01 Mar 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
This is rich.

One of the literalists talking about "author intent".

I doubt you have any clue about the "author intent". Your posting history in this and other forums shows that you don't.
Author intent is what literalists are all about. What does the sentence mean, not what do we want it to mean.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Mar 17

Originally posted by Eladar
Author intent is what literalists are all about. What does the sentence mean, not what do we want it to mean.
No, literalism has zero to do with 'author intent'.

The Bible is still valid today because it was written for ancient man (literalism), and yet understandable today by modern man because we can see through to author intent.

You, like RJH before you, are still stuck in the dark ages of understanding.

E

Moves
02 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
No, literalism has zero to do with 'author intent'.

The Bible is still valid today because it was written for ancient man (literalism), and yet understandable today by modern man because we can see through to author intent.

You, like RJH before you, are still stuck in the dark ages of understanding.
Okay suzi, you and I both know that there are those who call evil good and good evil. At least one of us is calling evil good. I say let God make the call.

E

Moves
02 Mar 17

Looks like dive isn't interested in the text, but at least it is here for the next time he has an axe to grind.