1. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 10:201 edit
    Originally posted by mattlango
    Evolution is a theory! Not fact! Religion is also a theory and not fact! You prove god exists and i will be convinced! Good Luck! Until then stop with these meaningless little threads! Rodent
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit, call it the target. ~Patrick Toche

What you posted was tosh.
  2. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 10:42
    Evolution is a theory! Not fact! Religion is also a theory and not fact! You prove god exists and i will be convinced! Good Luck! Until then stop with these meaningless little threads! Rodent
    Matt, you back?

Ok, as you propose, only post fact! on this forum - any philosophy, any theory, any idea, anything not substantiated by documented proof is not to be posted!!!

So as a start, please refrain from posting any more of your unsubstantiated drivel on this site and go to bed... You argue like a teenager - please come back when you can discern the difference between your thumb and your ... (fill in the gap, if you can).
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 07:56
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    For a moment consider the complexity of your eyes...

Once you are done with that consider your personality, emotions etc.
    Complexity of anything is not proof that god exists. the nuclear bomb is a complex thing, was it created by god? Consider this would god exist if we weren't here to worship him????
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 08:04
    Complexity of anything is not proof that god exists. the nuclear bomb is a complex thing, was it created by god? Consider this would god exist if we weren't here to worship him????
    How profound. The nuclear bomb is proof of a nuclear scientist who built it. If I was to use your line of reasoning, then the infinitely more complex human is proof of a infinitely more complex scientist.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 08:07
    Originally posted by Halitose
    How profound. The nuclear bomb is proof of a nuclear scientist who built it. If I was to use your line of reasoning, then the infinitely more complex human is proof of a infinitely more complex scientist.
    Oh, can't we just give it a rest. Doctor Scribbles has shown how TOE & ID are compatible...everybody wins...Someone please come up with an interesting spiritual topic for one and all (I can't. I just can't).
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 08:131 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Oh, can't we just give it a rest. Doctor Scribbles has shown how TOE & ID are compatible...everybody wins...Someone please come up with an interesting spiritual topic for one and all (I can't. I just can't).
    If only I wasn't so antagonistic to a guy who considers it his sole delight in life to sh!t on religion with weak arguments, red herrings, strawmen, and the doo doo he considers profound.

Maybe if he warmed up to the idea that religious people aren't necissarily fools, I'll entertain the thought of giving him a rest.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 08:19
    Originally posted by Halitose
    If only I wasn't so antagonistic to a guy who considers it his sole delight in life to sh!t on religion with weak arguments, red herrings, strawmen, and the doo doo he considers profound.

Maybe if he warmed up to the idea that religious people aren't necissarily fools, I'll entertain the thought of giving him a rest.
    Would god exist if we weren't here to worship him?
  8. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 08:21
    Well done... you're trying to think, but your most active orifice is not yet your mouth.
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 08:211 edit
    Yes. The two aspects are entirely independent IMO.
  10. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 08:392 edits
    Originally posted by RatX
    Well done... you're trying to think, but your most active orifice is not yet your mouth.
    Matt, if they exist in Australia, "O" for orifice follows "N" in the dictionary, and since I can't be sure you'll get it, it's a play on your childish "location"...
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 08:39
    you spend alot of time patronizing and insulting people and not answering questions, maybe if you reversed this people might actually listen to your point of view, as for my first post in this forum that was a joke to see what a response i would get and I got you hook line and sinker, i dont care if people believe in god, i dont and i will voice my opinion as i see fit but only unitelligent people try to belittle me intead of debating me!
  12. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 08:45
    you spend alot of time patronizing and insulting people and not answering questions, maybe if you reversed this people might actually listen to your point of view, as for my first post in this forum that was a joke to see what a response i would get and I got you hook line and sinker, i dont care if people believe in god, i dont and i will voice my opinion as i see fit but only unitelligent people try to belittle me intead of debating me!
    Are you trying to defend your crash 'n burn after your first attempt at a post? I find no purpose to answer your questions because it's a case of "my mind's made up, don't confuse me with the facts! I'm only asking to try and make you look foolish..."
  13. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 09:001 edit
    Ok, I find your posts absurd - demanding proof for God? Ok, I demand that you prove that man has emotions! Unless you prove it to me, I will not believe in them!!! Show me scientifically that emotions exist!
  14. Joined
    24 May '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 15:13
    Very true, I thoroughly agree...

But here is my point. If I am to accept evolution as my origin, it determines my entire worldview, being the basis by which I explain the state of the universe, our world, myself and my consciousness. If I am to believe that I came to be by mere chance and I am no more than chemicals, then I'll have to accept that all my emo ...[text shortened]... tive and cold - but it motivates certain conclusions about our existence and ultimately, values.
    And I'm saying, you shouldn't allow yourself to derive any sort of value system from science, simply because science does not have answers to the questions raised about such systems. I accept evolution as a scientific model with which we find many useful things to do. It has nothing to do with absolute truth or your purpose in life.
  15. Joined
    15 Jul '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 16:27
    Ok, I find your posts absurd - demanding proof for God? Ok, I demand that you prove that man has emotions! Unless you prove it to me, I will not believe in them!!! Show me scientifically that emotions exist!
    Emotions.
    1.) Psychologists have shown in numerous studies that emotions are primarily a physical response interpreted by our brain. For example, certain stimuli result in a heightened response state (adrenaline, rapid heart rate, etc.). After this heightened state is reached, an emotional response will be assigned based on other environmental cues.
    Social psychology has shown that you can cause the feeling of love in someone who has a passing liking for you by taking them somewhere scary: a horror film, looking over the edge of a high bridge, a roller coaster, etc. Their fear will be re-assigned to love when they interact with you in a positive manner.

2.) A quick search on the internet found this academic paper on the evolutionary view of emotions: http://www.psych.ucsb.edu/research/cep/emotion.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree