1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jul '15 17:05
    The following was written in 1825 by Samuel Barrett (Boston: American Unitarian Association).

One Hundred Scriptural Arguments for the Unitarian Faith

Unitarian Christians believe Jesus Christ to be the Son of God and the Saviour of men. They believe in the divinity of his mission and in the divinity of his doctrines. They believe that the Gospel which he proclaimed came from God; that the knowledge it imparts, the morality it enjoins, the spirit it breathes, the acceptance it provides, the promises it makes, the prospects it exhibits, the rewards it proposes, the punishments it threatens, all proceed from the Great Jehovah. But they do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Supreme God. They believe that, though exalted far above all other created intelligences, he is a being distinct from, inferior to, and dependent upon, the Father Almighty. For this belief they urge, among other reasons, the following arguments from the Scriptures.

1. Because Jesus Christ is represented by the sacred writers to be as distinct a being from God the Father as one man is distinct from another. “It is written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one who bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me,” John 8:17, 18.

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/100-scriptural-arguments-for-the-unitarian-faith
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jul '15 17:58
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The following was written in 1825 by Samuel Barrett (Boston: American Unitarian Association).

Unitarian Christians believe Jesus Christ to be the Son of God and the Saviour of men. They believe in the divinity of his mission and in the divinity of his doctrines. They believe that the Gospel ...[text shortened]... n 8:17, 18.

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/100-scriptural-arguments-for-the-unitarian-faith
    Good list. .. for the Trinitarian. For me, I dont need 100. I only need one line from the mouth of Christ and I get it:

..my Father is greater than I. (John 14:28 KJV)
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jul '15 19:11
    To the thumbsdowners in the above post. Check this:

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. (John 10:27-28 KJV)

Christ's sheep hear His voice and follow Him.
    Christ's sheep do not listen to fallible pastors and false teachers and the witness lees of this world.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 00:391 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Good list. .. for the Trinitarian. For me, I dont need 100. I only need one line from the mouth of Christ and I get it:

[b]..my Father is greater than I. (John 14:28 KJV)
    [/b]
    So you take one statement by Jesus as a human that to you and the Jehovah's Witnesses seem to think contradicts all other scripture as the final word about the divinity of Jesus? It matters not what all other holy scripture say for it is your belief about this one statement that rules the day.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 01:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So you take one statement by Jesus as a human that to you and the Jehovah's Witnesses seem to think contradicts all other scripture as the final word about the divinity of Jesus? It matters not what all other holy scripture say for it is your belief about this one statement that rules the day.
    What statements did Christ make ?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 02:28
    What statements did Christ make ?
    If you really don't know, then ignorance is your problem as to why you are an unbeliever. Educate yourself. 😏
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 02:36

Unitarian Christians believe Jesus Christ to be the Son of God and the Saviour of men. They believe in the divinity of his mission and in the divinity of his doctrines. They believe that the Gospel ...[text shortened]... n 8:17, 18.

Well my man is the God Jehovah or Yahweh.
    And my God is the man Jesus Christ.

God does not only express Himself in terms of ultimate authority - Father. He also expresses Himself in terms of ultimate submission - the Son.

Some stagger in unbelief that God could be incarnated and express Himself in terms of ultimate submission TO authority too.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 13:20
    Originally posted by sonship
    Well my man is the God Jehovah or Yahweh.
    And my God is the man Jesus Christ.

God does not only express Himself in terms of ultimate authority - Father. He also expresses Himself in terms of ultimate submission - the Son.

Some stagger in unbelief that God could be incarnated and express Himself in terms of ultimate submission TO authority too.
    Even with all your empty statements that this is NOT a matter the affects ones salvation you cannot doubt that you really think it is. You constantly use derogatory expressions to refer to those who do not believe in this doctrine what was not stated by Christ or the Apostles. If you had proof that it was stated clearly then there would not be long discussions.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 13:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If you really don't know, then ignorance is your problem as to why you are an unbeliever. Educate yourself. 😏
    How hard is it to post just one from Christ. I posted one that you cannot refute.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 15:173 edits
    Even with all your empty statements that this is NOT a matter the affects ones salvation you cannot doubt that you really think it is. You constantly use derogatory expressions to refer to those who do not believe in this doctrine what was not stated by Christ or the Apostles. If you had proof that it was stated clearly then there would not be long discussions.
    Stop exaggerating. I said some stagger in unbelief in a one God who speaks in terms of "We" and "Us". That's not a derogatory expression.

We observe that some cannot bring themselves to see that Christ is God incarnate as if "And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us." (John 1:14) simply does not exist in their New Testament.

That is not meant to be derogatory. Isn't it just the truth? Divegeester cannot believe a Son praying to the Father constitutes a Divine "We" (John 14:23) or a Divine "Us" (John 17:21).

Some of us who do not stagger in unbelief in God the Son and God the Father are willing to use the word "Trinity" with no apologies.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 15:32
    Stop exaggerating. I said some stagger in unbelief in a one God who speaks in terms of [b]"We" and "Us". That's not a derogatory expression.

We observe that some cannot bring themselves to see that Christ is God incarnate as if "And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us." (John 1:14) simply does not exist in their New Testam ...[text shortened]... n God the Son and God the Father are willing to use the word "Trinity" with no apologies.[/b]
    Stagger appears three times in the KJV:

Job_12:25 They grope in the dark without light, and he maketh them to stagger like a drunken man.

Psa_107:27 They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits' end.

Isa_29:9 Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink.

... always used in derogatory sense. Only your arrogance stops you from seeing that.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 15:432 edits
    Stagger appears three times in the KJV:

Job_12:25 They grope in the dark without light, and he maketh them to stagger like a drunken man.

Psa_107:27 They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits' end.

Isa_29:9 Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, bu ...[text shortened]... k.

... always used in derogatory sense. Only your arrogance stops you from seeing that.
    My usage of the staggering or wavering was derived from one of your favorite books to argue Arminianism - Hebrews.

I did not consider any of the passages from either Job or the Psalms.

The audience of the epistle of Hebrews were staggering or wavering between the New Covenant and the Old. They were hesitant.

And I find some posters to be hesitant, kind of staggering in doubt to believe the Bible that God is Father - Son - Holy Spirit FOR the dispensing of God into man. This could be compared to staggering not in sinfulness per se, but in unbelief in God's astounding inner being.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '15 13:57
    Heb 2:17-18
    Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.
    NKJV

Who of his brethren was a godman? He had to be made in all things like his brethren.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '15 16:183 edits
    Heb 2:17-18
    Therefore,[b] in all things He had to be made like His brethren
    , that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.
    NKJV

Who of his brethren was a godman? He had to be made in all things like his brethren.[/b]
    I think you need to read carefully the whole book. He not only incarnated to become like us. He is the Captain of salvation as Joshua leading the saved into the glorious expression of God united with men and women.

His office as High Priest is not only offer forgiveness but to save us from the fall to the uttermost.

"But He, because He abides forever, has His priesthood unalterable.

Hence also He is able to save us to the uttermost those who come forward to God through Him, since He lives always to intercede for them." (Heb. 7:24,25)

What do you think it means for Jesus the High Priest to save us to the uttermost ? Is has to mean to make us like Him (1 John 3:1,2) It means to conform us to the image of the Firstborn Son of God (Rom. 8:28,29).

To be saved to the uttermost is to be filled with divine life within and finally swallowed up with divine life without. This is for the building of the church. It is not for purely individual spirituality but for His corporate purpose to produce the house of God.

I would encourage you to get a Recovery Version of the New Testament to read all of the footnotes of the book of Hebrews. You can be sent the New Testament RcV free by contacting Bibles For America in the US.

www.biblesforamerica.org

Other chapters exist in other countries, I believe.

But for Christ to be the real Joshua "leading many sons into glory" (Heb. 2:10) is to save them to the uttermost.

Every believer in Christ born of God is a Godman. We are in the process of being lead into glory. And He as the High Priest is able to save us to the uttermost because He ever lives to intercede.

I am a Godman.
    I am also one of the "partakers of the divine nature." ( 2 Pet. 1:4)

So is every brother and sister believer in Jesus Christ in the world who has received the regeneration.

Some of us, as the writer of Hebrews urged, seek to become imitators of those who ARE inheriting the promises.

"That you be not sluggish, but imitators of those who are inheriting the promises." (Hebrews 6:12)

http://www.lordsrecovery.org/

Thank God for the local churches where we do learn about these things.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '15 22:55
    I think you need to read carefully the whole book. He not only incarnated to become like us. He is the Captain of salvation as Joshua leading the saved into the glorious expression of God united with men and women.

His office as High Priest is not only offer forgiveness but to save us from the fall to the uttermost.

[quote] [b] "But He, because He a ...[text shortened]... overy.org/

Thank God for the local churches where we do learn about these things.[/b]

Thank God for the local churches where we do learn about these things.

You may be a godman, if that is what you have been taught. I am a man with Christ in him.
    When Jesus was made like unto his brethren, which of them were godmen?
    The truth that I know is that he was 100% man, like Adam. Now he is something else. Now he is the glorified Son of God with power and authority given to him by God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree