1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 06:03
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    How hard is it to post just one from Christ. I posted one that you cannot refute.
    The Holy Spirit just inspired me to tell you that I am not here to do your bidding; and to tell you to look for the scripture yourself while praying for enlightment and forgiveness.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 23:231 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter

Thank God for the local churches where we do learn about these things.

You may be a godman, if that is what you have been taught. I am a man with Christ in him.
    When Jesus was made like unto his brethren, which of them were godmen?
    The truth that I know is that he was 100% man, like Adam. Now he is something else. Now he is the glorified Son of God with power and authority given to him by God.
    You may be a godman, if that is what you have been taught. I am a man with Christ in him.

A perhaps more biblical term would be "a man of God" or one experiencing "godliness".

At any rate you do not have to come to a local church to read in the New Testament that we believers in Jesus are partakers of the divine nature (2 Peter. 1:4) . Now that is not just spectators, or observers or admirers but "partakers".

Doesn't that make everyone partaking in the divine nature a "Godman" ?

When Jesus was made like unto his brethren, which of them were godmen?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we are made LIKE HIM (1 John 3:3) we are conformed to the image of the FIrstborn Son of God. Am I right ?

"Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers.

And those whom He predestinated, these He also called; and those whom He called, these He also justified; and those whom He justified, these He also glorified." (Rom. 8:29,30)

So you are quite right that He became like us. But why not go after the full story. The Christians will be like Him.

So He is Godman by incarnation and resurrection.
    The believers are Godmen by full salvation !

The truth that I know is that he was 100% man, like Adam. Now he is something else. Now he is the glorified Son of God with power and authority given to him by God.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can He actually live in man unless He is God?

If He is not also God then of what need is there for Him to live in man if God, someone else, lives in the believers?

Has it escaped your notice that "the Spirit of God" and "Christ" are used as interchangeable titles in Romans 8:9-11 ?

This last Adam - "became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45) that we could receive Him into our innermost spiritual being. Only God can go there.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 23:32
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] You may be a godman, if that is what you have been taught. I am a man with Christ in him.

A perhaps more biblical term would be "a man of God" or one experiencing "godliness".

At any rate you do not have to come to a local church to read in the New Testament that we believers in Jesus are partakers of the divine nature (2 Pe ...[text shortened]... 15:45) that we could receive Him into our innermost spiritual being. Only God can go there.[/b]
    Sonship......I have read the 100 reasons why Jesus is NOT God......and there are 100 reasons why Jesus is NOT God. Why won't you realize that the doctrine of a 'trinity' is far fetched? Do you view Jesus as a man as less of a story? It really doesn't make sense that God is Jesus. It just doesn't.

When I first read that Jesus prayed in the garden and asked God if this cup could be passed. It became clear to me that Jesus was 'talking' to someone else. Why won't you concede the fact that trinity is false sonship??? The trinity does NOT make sense. It just doesn't. God does NOT talk to himself. Or pray to himself. This is absurd.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 23:411 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Sonship......I have read the 100 reasons why Jesus is NOT God......and there are 100 reasons why Jesus is NOT God. Why won't you realize that the doctrine of a 'trinity' is far fetched? Do you view Jesus as a man as less of a story? It really doesn't make sense that God is Jesus. It just doesn't.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These reasons are not good because by saying Jesus is God the New Testament is NOT saying Jesus is not a man.

Jesus is the mingling of God and man.

When I first read that Jesus prayed in the garden and asked God if this cup could be passed. It became clear to me that Jesus was 'talking' to someone else. Why won't you concede the fact that trinity is false sonship??? The trinity does NOT make sense. It just doesn't. God does NOT talk to himself. Or pray to himself. This is absurd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a single person in this Forum has refuted what I wrote about God sending God in Zechariah chapter two. Even in the Old Testament we see something very mysterious about God.

He is both the Sender and the One Sent.

What God IS in His being can never be separated from God's operation of what He is DOING. And He is dispensing Himself INTO His people.

God is the Trinity for imparting, for dispensing God into man.

You should stop looking at the matter of the Trinity as a doctrine for doctrine's sake and see that in this three-oneness God is flowing out of Himself into redeemed man who receives Him.

The Father is the Source.
    The Son is the Course.
    The Holy Spirit is the Flow - the transmission of this Divine Being into His people.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 23:56
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] Sonship......I have read the 100 reasons why Jesus is NOT God......and there are 100 reasons why Jesus is NOT God. Why won't you realize that the doctrine of a 'trinity' is far fetched? Do you view Jesus as a man as less of a story? It really doesn't make sense that God is Jesus. It just doesn't.
    ---------------------------------------------------- ...[text shortened]... e Course.
    The Holy Spirit is the Flow - the transmission of this Divine Being into His people.[/b]
    Sonship.......do you realize that it is sometimes impossible to convince a man that God exists. And then to tell this man, that God is 3 people. It really seems absurd. The trinity seems absurd to anyone with any sort of brain, or thinking. How can you defend this teaching? It is impossible.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 01:281 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Sonship.......do you realize that it is sometimes impossible to convince a man that God exists. And then to tell this man, that God is 3 people. It really seems absurd. The trinity seems absurd to anyone with any sort of brain, or thinking. How can you defend this teaching? It is impossible.
    We have had long discussions on the Trinity in the past and you might wish to review them for it is orthodox Christian doctrine.

I don't agree completely with everything sonship has said on here, because he has picked up a few heretical or at least less than orthodox teachings from a cult leader that calls himself Witness Lee. But, on the whole, I agree with him on the Trinity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree