1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 21:11
    100 Seemingly Sound Reasons to Reject Christianity in Our Time

1) The central person isn't here, with us, on the earth now; 2) The whole idea of Christianity seems quaint and out of step with today's world; 3) Faith in some kind of spirit being is required; I trust things I can see and feel; 4)

Note: In Brainstorming, Phase One calls for an objective listing of options and alternatives, no matter how outlandish or off the wall. Second Phase, begins the sorting process to isolate the possible and to discard those options which die of their own ponderous weight during discussion and fall by the way. Third, requires intense discussions of all ideas which have survived the first two phases for the purpose of deciding relative merit, timely implementation viability and marketing ease. Let's get close to 50 to 75 on the table before getting cranky and hostile. Rather, let's do as Ben Hogan advocated in his little paperback on improving your golf. To paraphrase, "Go for distance first; then, worry about getting the ball in the fairway". (gb)
    -
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 23:38
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]100 Seemingly Sound Reasons to Reject Christianity in Our Time

1) The central person isn't here, with us, on the earth now; 2) The whole idea of Christianity seems quaint and out of step with today's world; 3) Faith in some kind of spirit being is required; I trust things I can see and feel; 4)

Note: In Br ...[text shortened]... hrase, "Go for distance first; then, worry about getting the ball in the fairway". (gb)
    -[/b]
    What flavor of Christianity do you have in mind? That is, what are the basic tenets?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 23:53
    4) Basic tenets of Christianity pose problems because some people who say they're Christians behave worse than common criminals.

5)
    -
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 00:05
    [b]4) Basic tenets of Christianity pose problems because some people who say they're Christians behave worse than common criminals.

5)
    -[/b]
    5) the christian gods actions are often immoral.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 00:282 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    5) the christian gods actions are often immoral.
    7) All kinds of miracles supposedly happened quite a long while ago; how can a person be expected to believe an event he or she's never seen.

8)
    -
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 00:30
    [b]6)[/b]
    6) the christian gods actions are often illogical.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 00:55
    [b]4) Basic tenets of Christianity pose problems because some people who say they're Christians behave worse than common criminals.

5)
    -[/b]
    Hopefully that isn't what you took away from my post.

Any chance of you answering my question?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 02:36
    8) So many questions many serious thinkers have are left unanswered by the christian bible.

It seems that if their god really wanted us to know him, he would have been more explicit.

9)
    -
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 02:36
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Hopefully that isn't what you took away from my post.

Any chance of you answering my question?
    Excellent, Think, tomorrow morning sure.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 04:03
    [b]100 Seemingly Sound Reasons to Reject Christianity in Our Time[/b]
    Mind me asking just what is your motivation for such a thread?

This doesn't seem like the type of thread a Christian would start.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 06:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Mind me asking just what is your motivation for such a thread?

This doesn't seem like the type of thread a Christian would start.
    No, not at all. Why on earth would it seem strange to make a joint effort to get any and all going-in opinions, firmly held points of view and unspoken questions on the table before examining them in the critical light of day? Foolish and unproductive course of action too often pursued involves ignoring where thoughtful seekers are in their quest; tossing up a barrage of information (in and out of context); and with it attempting to browbeat people with practised lines of pat "witnessing" info from somebody's talking points or, even worse, inaccurate interpretations and applications of scripture to see which party can succeed in being the loudest of the loud. Result: lots of heat... and little light. What purpose, pray tell, does that serve? (gb)
    -
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 06:28
    9) Biggie tenent of christianity is that some special man died by crucifixion on a bloody hill

before a clamoring crowd. That was nothing more than capital punishment back in the day.

10)
    -
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 07:28
    [b]100 Seemingly Sound Reasons to Reject Christianity in Our Time

Note: In Br ...[text shortened]... hrase, "Go for distance first; then, worry about getting the ball in the fairway". (gb)
    -[/b]
    Is there some need for reasons to reject Christianity?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 17:00
    Originally posted by JS357
    Is there some need for reasons to reject Christianity?
    No.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree