1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 15:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I'll second that notion. AND she is a democrat๐Ÿ™‚
    I consider myself Liberal first, and Democrat only because this is the political party closest to my particular political beliefs.
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 16:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why thank you, vistesd!

I'm one of those who think that the Biblical creation is merely an outline. It wasn't written for modern scholars so details are definitely lacking. I believe God engineered it, but that he used natural processes to accomplish his goals. Processes that are still at work today. I believe this is critical to understanding the Go ...[text shortened]... words. You flatter me, nearly to the point of giving me more credit than I deserve.
    You're most welcome, Suzianne. Yes, dualism versus non-dualism really is the "big divide". I find profundity where you find weakness, you find profundity where I find weakness. And there are profound thinkers on both sides of that divide--who have often been friends in spite of their disagreements (I think of Thomas Merton and D.T. Suzuki, for example). I, for one, find no reason to be offended.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 16:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are right. I did not think to do any adding. I was only thinking of subtracting, since the dates were so far out there. However, I still doubt the dates they assigned are that old.

The Instructor
    It's okay. Just think: the universe is over one MILLION times older than that. It can be a little tough to wrap your head around that, I know.

Try it sometime. Just think to yourself, if the universe is really that old (more than 13 billion years old), and the earth is a little over 1/3 as old as that (4.5 billion years old), what would you have to change in your belief system to accommodate such a change? I say not much. I suspect that none of your core beliefs about Jesus Christ would change one iota.
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 16:10
    I consider myself Liberal first, and Democrat only because this is the political party closest to my particular political beliefs.
    So, religion aside, I'm sure we agree on many things! ๐Ÿ™‚
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 17:27
    Originally posted by vistesd
    So, religion aside, I'm sure we agree on many things! ๐Ÿ™‚
    No doubt. This is how humans of different religions can continue to co-exist on the planet together. Agree to disagree on religion, and yet support and defend one another on subjects they do agree on. Since we're all humans, there has to be more to agree on than to disagree on.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 18:05
    Why thank you, vistesd!

I'm one of those who think that the Biblical creation is merely an outline. It wasn't written for modern scholars so details are definitely lacking. I believe God engineered it, but that he used natural processes to accomplish his goals. Processes that are still at work today. I believe this is critical to understanding the Go ...[text shortened]... words. You flatter me, nearly to the point of giving me more credit than I deserve.
    right the suizanne love in stops here!!!!!!

its time to talk about how great i am...................begin.

(dont hold back, just let the emotions out, nobodies judging).
  7. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 19:35
    Originally posted by stellspalfie

I love ya man! ๐Ÿ˜‰
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 20:401 edit
    Why thank you, vistesd!

I'm one of those who think that the Biblical creation is merely an outline. It wasn't written for modern scholars so details are definitely lacking. I believe God engineered it, but that he used natural processes to accomplish his goals. Processes that are still at work today. I believe this is critical to understanding the Go words. You flatter me, nearly to the point of giving me more credit than I deserve.
    You must have never heard of the Cambrian explosion. The term Cambrian explosion describes the geologically sudden appearance of animals in the fossil record during the Cambrian period of geologic time.

The Cambrian Explosion: Biology’s Big Bang
    Stephen C. Meyer, Marcus Ross,Paul Nelson, and Paul Chien

http://www.discovery.org/scripts/viewDB/filesDB-download.php?command=download&id=639

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 20:45
    I consider myself Christian and conservative first, and Republican only because this is the political party closest to my particular political beliefs.

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 21:001 edit
    It's okay. Just think: the universe is over one MILLION times older than that. It can be a little tough to wrap your head around that, I know.

Try it sometime. Just think to yourself, if the universe is really that old (more than 13 billion years old), and the earth is a little over 1/3 as old as that (4.5 billion years old), what would you have to ch ...[text shortened]... y not much. I suspect that none of your core beliefs about Jesus Christ would change one iota.
    You THINK. If the Earth was really that old then why do we still have volcanoes erupting with red hot lava flows. The Earth should have been long cooled down by now, because of the hugh oceans and polar ice caps. And that is just one of the many problems in explaining a 4.5 billion year old Earth.

Mis creencias no sólo tendrían que cambiar un poco, pero muy mucho.

The Instructor
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 21:25
    Originally posted by stellspalfie

Voy a responder más tarde, si puedo pensar en algo bueno que decir sobre usted.

El Instructor
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Aug '13 10:421 edit
    You THINK. If the Earth was really that old then why do we still have volcanoes erupting with red hot lava flows. The Earth should have been long cooled down by now, because of the hugh oceans and polar ice caps. And that is just one of the many problems in explaining a 4.5 billion year old Earth.

The Instructor
    Perhaps a short course in geology would straighten you out but I doubt it. Exactly how do you think a few miles of ocean is going to cool a white hot core thousands of miles deep? It's 4+ billion and counting and the core has not cooled all that much.

In fact the core got hotter because of the body that hit the Earth creating the moon. The debris from that hit condensed and slammed back into the Earth and went so deep it added to the core which made the core hotter than it would have been without that strike.

That means more volcano's today and they happen because the crust is relatively thin compared to the incredible amount of heat energy available from the core and mantle, like a pot of solid chocolate on top of another pot of boiling water, the heat from the water will drive melted chocolate in waves of melt till the crust of chocolate on top breaks through and a chocolate volcano happens on top. That's pretty much what is happening with volcano's on Earth.

But then you knew that already, didn't you? Just another example of warped weaponized science in a vain attempt, very poor attempt, to further your stupid 6000 year old Earth agenda.

You bring up the Cambrian 'explosion' as if you thought WE thought you really believed it was hundreds of millions of years in the past. Good luck getting anyone here, ANYONE, to believe your crap.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Aug '13 16:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Perhaps a short course in geology would straighten you out but I doubt it. Exactly how do you think a few miles of ocean is going to cool a white hot core thousands of miles deep? It's 4+ billion and counting and the core has not cooled all that much.

In fact the core got hotter because of the body that hit the Earth creating the moon. The debris from t ...[text shortened]... llions of years in the past. Good luck getting anyone here, ANYONE, to believe your crap.
    I don't know much about the Earth's core. However, it seems that 4.5 billion years to be a long time for the Earth's core to stay so hot. Anyway, I mentioned the Cambrian Explosion because the fossil records show that the major animal kinds came into existence all of a sudden like in the Holy Bible. It is the time in history that it happened that the evilutionists have wrong.

The Instructor
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Aug '13 16:43

The Instructor
    What? WHAT?? Do you even understand the dynamics of geothermal energy? How about hyper-dimensional physics? Put two and two together and you better thank God that the core of this planet is still dynamic and not dead like Mars. It's why we have a magnetic field that protects us from solar flares and bursts of gamma radiation.

"Mis creencias no sólo tendrían que cambiar un poco, pero muy mucho."

Then I'm sorry for you. If thinking outside the box is so dangerous for you as to upset your entire belief system, then maybe it needs to change.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Aug '13 16:55
    What? WHAT?? Do you even understand the dynamics of geothermal energy? How about hyper-dimensional physics? Put two and two together and you better thank God that the core of this planet is still dynamic and not dead like Mars. It's why we have a magnetic field that protects us from solar flares and bursts of gamma radiation.

"Mis creencias no sólo ...[text shortened]... for you as to upset your entire belief system, then maybe it [b]needs
    to change.[/b]
    No. Your belief needs to change so you can also worship God in truth.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree