1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 22:55
    No, I'm not saying it's just older, I'm saying it's where the bible got the 6 days from.
    Learn some biblical history , start by looking up where Abram was born, what his daddy did for a living, etc etc.

I don't care what you think ratz, or if you think it's tough, because is ain't rocket science. The israelites got their Genesis from the polytheistic Sumerians, period. That aint gonna change!
  2. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 23:04
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    No, I'm not saying it's just older, I'm saying it's where the bible got the 6 days from.
    Learn some biblical history , start by looking up where Abram was born, what his daddy did for a living, etc etc.

I don't care what you think ratz, or if you think it's tough, because is ain't rocket science. The israelites got their Genesis from the polytheistic Sumerians, period. That aint gonna change!
    Some midget devil who calls himself an amphibian exterminator said it - it has to be true!

Come on - again, and again, and again, you post unsubstantiated GAD all over my thread. Please, back up or back out! I'm tired of the King-kong performance, doesn't your chest hurt? Six generations of gods mentioned in some tablet is proof that Genesis got six days for creation from it? It's so absurd, it doesn't merit another fart joke...
  3. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 23:091 edit

The way you present this sounds like the stereotype redneck from the Bible-belt yellin: "I don't give a flying fart what you guys think! You don't have to be a genius to figure it out - my daddy invented the wheel, period! That ain't gonna change!"

You have plenty faith, I must commend you on that...
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 03:37
    Originally posted by RatX
    Some midget devil who calls himself an amphibian exterminator said it - it has to be true!

Come on - again, and again, and again, you post unsubstantiated GAD all over my thread. Please, back up or back out! I'm tired of the King-kong performance, doesn't your chest hurt? Six generations of gods mentioned in some tablet is proof that Genesis got six days for creation from it? It's so absurd, it doesn't merit another fart joke...
    How silly you are , I present small bits of info to suit your mental capacity. Let me know when you have digested them, and I might give you a little more.

Probably not though , since you haven't said anything worth responding too.
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 03:39
    [b]I don't care what you think ratz, or if you think it's tough, because is ain't rocket science. The israelites got their Genesis from the polytheistic Sumerians, period. That aint gonna change!

The way you present this sounds like the stereotype redneck from the Bible-belt yellin: "I don't give a flying fart what you guys think! Yo ...[text shortened]... eel, period! That ain't gonna change!"

You have plenty faith, I must commend you on that...[/b]
    there you go farting again . cant you control yourself?
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 17:03
    How silly you are , I present small bits of info to suit your mental capacity. Let me know when you have digested them, and I might give you a little more.

Probably not though , since you haven't said anything worth responding too.
    Fart jokes aside, FS, I haven't found your case that compelling either. How would 6 generations of gods be considered as overwhelming evidence that 6 days were stolen from it?
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 04:171 edit
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Fart jokes aside, FS, I haven't found your case that compelling either. How would 6 generations of gods be considered as overwhelming evidence that 6 days were stolen from it?
    16. "Thou commandest the horns to determine six days,
    17. "And on the seventh day to [divide] the crown.

edit: It's a reference to the moon.
  8. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 15:29
    16. "Thou commandest the horns to determine six days,
    17. "And on the seventh day to [divide] the crown.

edit: It's a reference to the moon.
    You silly little man... There is no direct connection between this writing and the account of Genesis - as there is no connection to the myriad of flood legends (except perhaps the actual event).

Please answer my question and not with another quote from the tablets (I've read enough of them to know what they're about and haven't made the magical connection you have).

Answer the questions I posed earlier before you post another weak insult!
  9. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 16:01
    So basically, what you're saying is "if it's older, it must be better". You have absolutely no proof that any of these writing influenced each other (although the events of history may have).
    And you have no proof of the inverse. How about this: "If it's older, then it was written first. It was in existence when the younger one was written." Nothing more.

So, despite the similarities in, say, the Sumerian epic of Gilgamesh (written first) and the bible's account of the flood of Noah (written later), one is hogwash written by stone-age pagans while the other is the 'divine inspired word of the one true god'? I see.
  10. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 18:12
    Originally posted by David C
    And you have no proof of the inverse. How about this: "If it's older, then it was written first. It was in existence when the younger one was written." Nothing more.

So, despite the similarities in, say, the Sumerian epic of Gilgamesh (written first) and the bible's account of the flood of Noah (written later), one is hogwash written by stone-age pagans while the other is the 'divine inspired word of the one true god'? I see.
    How do you know it was written earlier? The oldest work we have of the Bible is a copy of the original - and as I noted earlier, certain parts of Genesis were probably written before the flood.

Your assertions wouldn't stand a minute in court - just because Gilgamesh and froggy's favourite tablets are older than the "reprints" of Genesis we have, doesn't mean Genesis wasn't written first - or if they had any influence on each other.

I've posted this so often, but never has anyone posted anything but the fluff you and froggy throw out as proof.

Your "proof" especially froggy's, hold no value - it's like saying that if you found the oldest account of WW2, all subsequent accounts of the war had to have been plaguerised from your "original"... silly.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 18:52
    You silly little man... There is no direct connection between this writing and the account of Genesis - as there is no connection to the myriad of flood legends (except perhaps the actual event).

Please answer my question and not with another quote from the tablets (I've read enough of them to know what they're about and haven't made the magical connection you have).

Answer the questions I posed earlier before you post another weak insult!
    Like Moses or whoever else it was that " borrowed" it was actually going to cite sources.
    How about you reposting your questions , as I really dont have time to dig back and find them.
    It's very simple, Sumer started writing about 6000 years ago and then got clobbered by a flood. whether it was water or the Elamites, I couldn't tell you, except it was around 3000 BC.
  12. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 20:171 edit
    Like Moses or whoever else it was that " borrowed" it was actually going to cite sources.
    How about you reposting your questions , as I really dont have time to dig back and find them.
    It's very simple, Sumer started writing about 6000 years ago and then got clobbered by a flood. whether it was water or the Elamites, I couldn't tell you, except it was around 3000 BC.
    My questions were, among others: Please provide evidence for your statements -
    1. the bible creation story is "borrowed" from the 5th tablet of Enuma Elish
    2. the bible doesn't fit the observable universe, while inflationary and evolutionary do.

You tried to answer 1 by posting a lot of quotes from the tablets and somehow "linking" them to the events described in Genesis. You say that the tablets are older than Genesis, but I responded by saying that parts of Genesis are pre-flood, to which you didn't reply but just posted a lot of hot air from the tablets. Unless you give me more than simply the contents of the tablets, your argument has been little more than fragmented thoughts bouncing around in your skull. Give me something more intelligent, please... I'm tired of your baseless arguments.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 20:20
    You say that the tablets are older than Genesis, but I responded by saying that parts of Genesis are pre-flood.
    You can back that up of course.
  14. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 20:30
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    You can back that up of course.
    This is a referance to an earlier post:
    Certain parts of Genesis in particular, were probably written before the flood (and taken on the ark as tablets, which was the parchment of the day) - as you probably know, there were several authors to Genesis and these writings were compiled by Moses, who completed the record from where they left off... Jewish Historians propose, by study of the various styles of writing through Genesis, that the first part of the authorship isn't definitive (some claim it was directly dictated to Adam by God in Eden), the second part Adam (2:4 - 5:1a), the third, Noah (5:1b - 6:9a) and so on... The other authors are thought to be Noah's sons, Terah, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Jacob's sons - then Moses. Jesus accepted Mosaical authorship as well (John 5:46-47).
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 20:391 edit
    This is a referance to an earlier post:
    Certain parts of Genesis in particular, were probably written before the flood (and taken on the ark as tablets, which was the parchment of the day) - as you probably know, there were several authors to Genesis and these writings were compiled by Moses, who completed the record from where they left off... Jewish Historia ...[text shortened]... l, Jacob, Jacob's sons - then Moses. Jesus accepted Mosaical authorship as well (John 5:46-47).
    I remember. You can back up the "were probably" part of course.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree