1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 12:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But there are other forums and other numbers that are considered lucky/unlucky, and so far the only qualities you have attributed to 23 is a fairly obscure reference (the number is nowhere near as popularly supersticious as say 4,5,7,8,10,12 or 13) and according to that one reference nearly any number would do anyway so long as one can find a connection of some sort to 23.
    Now if it was 666 I might reconsider ....
    I think you're taking this all far too seriously.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 12:08
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Is it coincidence that the id number of this forum is 23?! 😲
    Is there a dyslexic parellel universe in which the nuber 32 is its equal?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 12:12
    Is it coincidence that the id number of this forum is 23?! 😲
    Maybe.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 12:27
    Didn't think of that! But the fact that we're discussing 23 on the 23rd is a coincidence. What do you understand by coincidence, anyway? To me it's just a chance happening. (You might not get the joke about 23 being the number of the Spirituality forum, but the coincidence amused me.)
    OK maybe it is a coincidence. I just assumed you waited for the 23rd before starting the thread. I don't see anything particularly funny about 23 being the number of the spirituality thread because I don't know anything spiritual about the number 23. The word 'spiritual' is not used on the Wikipedia page you directed me to nor is there much mention of religion or belief. Now I do see some relationship between religions and belief in lucky or unlucky numbers and other superstitions but the connection between 'spirituality' and '23' just doesn't click for me. As I said, if it was 666 a number with decidedly religious connotations then I would get the joke.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 12:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    OK maybe it is a coincidence. I just assumed you waited for the 23rd before starting the thread. I don't see anything particularly funny about 23 being the number of the spirituality thread because I don't know anything spiritual about the number 23. The word 'spiritual' is not used on the Wikipedia page you directed me to nor is there much mention of rel ...[text shortened]... if it was 666 a number with decidedly religious connotations then I would get the joke.
    To be fair on you, the joke was for the benefit of the 23 Club.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree