1. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    22 Apr '11 15:29
    the Uk will spend on Easter eggs, just goes to show we are still essentially a pagan
    nation.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    22 Apr '11 15:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the Uk will spend on Easter eggs, just goes to show we are still essentially a pagan
    nation.
    Good for us! Let us continue to repel the scourge of monotheism forevermore :]
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    22 Apr '11 15:33
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Good for us! Let us continue to repel the scourge of monotheism forevermore :]
    shall you be indulging dear Agers?
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    22 Apr '11 15:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the Uk will spend on Easter eggs, just goes to show we are still essentially a pagan
    nation.
    Gospel for Asia would make great use of those 300 millions.

    http://www.gfa.org/
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    22 Apr '11 15:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    shall you be indulging dear Agers?
    I shall indulge after easter when the shops try to offload their easter stock to make way for Christmas
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    22 Apr '11 15:39
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I shall indulge after easter when the shops try to offload their easter stock to make way for Christmas
    shhhh buts that what i do, try to get them chocolate eggs on the cheap. I went to my
    sisters house, she has three kids and had literally a wall of Easter eggs, i got to pick
    three or four, mmmm, tasty.
  7. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    22 Apr '11 17:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the Uk will spend on Easter eggs, just goes to show we are still essentially a pagan
    nation.
    Are you a pagan? You also involve yourself in the Easter egg tradition. Or do you refrain from spending any money on them?

    What about toys based on the "Transformers" movies? How much does the UK population spend on those and what does that make the nation?
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    22 Apr '11 17:31
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Are you a pagan? You also involve yourself in the Easter egg tradition. Or do you refrain from spending any money on them?

    What about toys based on the "Transformers" movies? How much does the UK population spend on those and what does that make the nation?
    i eat them because they are tasty not because i celebrate Easter. Do you think its wrong that i should eat them. what about hot cross buns?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86373
    22 Apr '11 18:01
    I love easter eggs but diet prevents indulgence.
  10. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    22 Apr '11 20:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i eat them because they are tasty not because i celebrate Easter. Do you think its wrong that i should eat them. what about hot cross buns?
    No, I do not think it is wrong that you eat them. However, in your OP, you imply that people buying them is an indication that they are pagans. Is this true or not? Maybe you just have a lot of people in the UK who agree with you that they are tasty and the reason so many get sold has more to do with the massive marketing campaign than anything to do with being pagan (or not).
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    22 Apr '11 20:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, I do not think it is wrong that you eat them. However, in your OP, you imply that people buying them is an indication that they are pagans. Is this true or not? Maybe you just have a lot of people in the UK who agree with you that they are tasty and the reason so many get sold has more to do with the massive marketing campaign than anything to do with being pagan (or not).
    sure but dont you think they are pagan, a sign of fertility? like the Easter bunny rabbit?
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    22 Apr '11 21:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the Uk will spend on Easter eggs, just goes to show we are still essentially a pagan
    nation.
    I can imagine early Christian missionaries sighing, "Oh well, let them keep some harmless rites and rituals, as long as they are saved."
  13. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    274
    22 Apr '11 22:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    sure but dont you think they are pagan, a sign of fertility? like the Easter bunny rabbit?
    There may have been some pagan influence initially, many years/centuries ago but there is very little religion practiced by the vast majority of the UK at Easter these days. Not much at Christmas either.

    Which is all for the better.

    --- Penguin.
  14. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    64930
    22 Apr '11 23:42
    With four children, I have been wasting money on Easter eggs for thirty years and I have yet to be given one for myself. The main reward has been to see it puked out across my lovely car by greedy infants.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86373
    23 Apr '11 08:011 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i eat them because they are tasty not because i celebrate Easter. Do you think its wrong that i should eat them. what about hot cross buns?
    It doesn't matter what other people think robbie, it's your conscience and between you and God.

    You imply that we are a pagan country becuase we buy them, should we buy them and not eat them? If you eat them then who did you allow to buy them.

    Easter is of pagan origin, so is Christmas and especially Christmas trees, Sunday, (which isn't the Sabbath, Saturday is) in fact all the days of the week and months of the year are pagan names.

    Enjoy the time off with your family and enjoy your chocolate. It's just chocolate.
Back to Top