6 day creation story, ancient Egyptian mythology:

6 day creation story, ancient Egyptian mythology:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
09 Jun 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
You think?
Yes, otherwise the Final Judgement could be flawed. The Bible couldn't be interpreted as accurate, whether you expect it to be literally true or not. In Christianity God is perfect and therefore omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
Yes, otherwise the Final Judgement could be flawed. The Bible couldn't be interpreted as accurate, whether you expect it to be literally true or not. In Christianity God is perfect and therefore omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.
That may be the theory. However, the text of the Holy Bible does not apply the word omniscient to God. And God states that he has regrets, indicating He may have made a mistake. I am not going to jump to conclusions and assume God is omniscent without sufficient evidence. The fact that He can predict some future events is not good enough for me.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
10 Jun 14

That may be the theory. However, the text of the Holy Bible does not apply the word omniscient to God. And God states that he has regrets, indicating He may have made a mistake. I am not going to jump to conclusions and assume God is omniscent without sufficient evidence. The fact that He can predict some future events is not good enough for me.
Then you have a contradiction. If God is not perfect then the bible can be flawed, in which case your evidence for God's lack of omniscience is flawed.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14
1 edit

Then you have a contradiction. If God is not perfect then the bible can be flawed, in which case your evidence for God's lack of omniscience is flawed.
You have a different concept of perfect from me. When Jesus told his listeners to be perfect after giving His famous sermon on the mount, I don't think he equated that to being omniscient.

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

(Matthew 5:48 KJV)

F

Moves
10 Jun 14

One of many. The whole christian theology is full of contradictions and paradoxes.

But they chose to close their eyes...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
One of many. The whole christian theology is full of contradictions and paradoxes.

But they chose to close their eyes...
Then, maybe God is omniscient and I just don't SEE it that way.

F

Moves
10 Jun 14

Then, maybe God is omniscient and I just don't [b]SEE it that way.[/b]
The paradoxes in your religion are still there, even if you change your mind.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

The paradoxes in your religion are still there, even if you change your mind.
I am sure changing my mind would also be a paradox to you. Now there is wisdom.

F

Moves
10 Jun 14

I am sure changing my mind would also be a paradox to you. Now there is wisdom.
I would reformulate my posting if i were you.

To: "There is no wisdom in my mind, only paradoxes."

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

I would reformulate my posting if i were you.

To: "There is no wisdom in my mind, only paradoxes."
Now you finally made a real paradox. For how could there be no wisdom in my mind when I am just full of wise witty sayings?

The Near Genius

F

Moves
10 Jun 14

Now you finally made a real paradox. For how could there be no wisdom in my mind when I am just full of wise witty sayings?

The Near Genius
Only morons think they are wise.
Wise men don't pretend.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
10 Jun 14

You have a different concept of perfect from me. When Jesus told his listeners to be perfect after giving His famous sermon on the mount, I don't think he equated that to being omniscient.

[b]Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

(Matthew 5:48 KJV)[/b]
Is God omnipotent, in your view?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Is God omnipotent, in your view?
Yes. I believe the Holy Bible says God is all powerful and one has to be pretty powerful to make the sun and stars as if there is nothing to it. So I believe that qualifies as omnipotent.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
10 Jun 14

Yes. I believe the Holy Bible says God is all powerful and one has to be pretty powerful to make the sun and stars as if there is nothing to it. So I believe that qualifies as omnipotent.
Omnipotence implies omniscience.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Omnipotence implies omniscience.
Not really. Omnipotence has to do with power. Omniscence has to do with knowledge and wisdom.