1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jul '14 14:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yeah, you can see how well THAT turned out. What's a few million dead? Your god didn't give a crap about that, so why do you think it is going to come down and fix all our boo boo's?
    I would not put any bet on God fixing any of your boo boo's. I am thinking more like the lake of fire for you.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jul '14 00:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I would not put any bet on God fixing any of your boo boo's. I am thinking more like the lake of fire for you.
    That's ok with me, I enjoy heat. But I didn't talk about me at all. Nice deflection, your usual MO. I said, your god doesn't give a rats ass how many millions have died in the last century, it could care less about the death of tens of millions of people, otherwise it would have spoken out loud and clear, and not from some 3000 or 1700 year old bible verse either. So your god doesn't care about humanity, as much as you mealy mouthed young Earth creationists would like to cast your so-called god. It is nothing but the imaginings of a desert rat who ate too many mushrooms.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jul '14 06:35
    That's ok with me, I enjoy heat. But I didn't talk about me at all. Nice deflection, your usual MO. I said, your god doesn't give a rats ass how many millions have died in the last century, it could care less about the death of tens of millions of people, otherwise it would have spoken out loud and clear, and not from some 3000 or 1700 year old bible verse ...[text shortened]... your so-called god. It is nothing but the imaginings of a desert rat who ate too many mushrooms.
    You can choose to remain dead in sin or you can choose life in Christ Jesus.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jul '14 13:46
    You can choose to remain dead in sin or you can choose life in Christ Jesus.
    And you refuse to even talk about the extreme lack of response from your alleged god concerning the tens of millions killed in century 20 or the hundred thousand or so killed in century 10 in the crusades, which you have to admit was a strictly religious war. Your so-called god didn't and doesn't give a rats ass about the human condition. If it did it would have spoken out forcefully. The fact it did not indicates either it doesn't give a rats ass or all those deaths were part of its larger strategy, either way, not a god I want to be associated with.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jul '14 21:27
    And you refuse to even talk about the extreme lack of response from your alleged god concerning the tens of millions killed in century 20 or the hundred thousand or so killed in century 10 in the crusades, which you have to admit was a strictly religious war. Your so-called god didn't and doesn't give a rats ass about the human condition. If it did it would ...[text shortened]... ose deaths were part of its larger strategy, either way, not a god I want to be associated with.
    Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.” For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

(2 Peter 3:3-18 NASB)
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 00:24
    [b]Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.” For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens ...[text shortened]... . To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

(2 Peter 3:3-18 NASB)[/b]
    Every once in a while, you come up with a gem.

But even a broken clock is right twice a day.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 10:17
    [b]Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.” For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens ...[text shortened]... . To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

(2 Peter 3:3-18 NASB)[/b]
    How can you worship a false god who killed all the animal life on the planet to get to a few bad humans? How can you ever justify such a vile act?

I am just playing devils advocate that it actually happened which I don't think for a moment actually did, the effects would be clear in our modern science of genetics because there would be a very low level of genetic diversity which there is only in humans because something like 100,000 years ago we WERE near extinction and it shows in our lower genetic diversity than even the nearest ape relatives. And most land animals show a very large diversity of the gene pool which refutes your ridiculous world wide flood fantasy from the git go. Genetics don't lie, if the present land animals came from a single set of parents where all the rest were killed, the lack of genetic diversity would stick out like a sore thumb, almost as if all the animals were clones and that is clearly not the case. Most land animals have MUCH higher levels of genetic diversity than humans because we WERE almost extinct but a lot earlier than your flood fantasy.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 10:50
    How can you worship a false god who killed all the animal life on the planet to get to a few bad humans? How can you ever justify such a vile act?

I am just playing devils advocate that it actually happened which I don't think for a moment actually did, the effects would be clear in our modern science of genetics because there would be a very low level ...[text shortened]... diversity than humans because we WERE almost extinct but a lot earlier than your flood fantasy.
    Qkay, suppose you are correct, then what was the purpose of making up the flood story?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 16:35
    Qkay, suppose you are correct, then what was the purpose of making up the flood story?
    To scare people, keep them in line by fear. Fear of god instilled in them with such bogus stories, Like Ab told by god to kill his son, but this alleged god, knowing everything, would have known the outcome when it invented the world so why give old Ab the test in the first place. Same with Eve eating the forbidden fruit. All man made stories to instill fear into a perhaps rowdy population. Ask Stalin how effective fear is for control of populations;
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 20:55
    To scare people, keep them in line by fear. Fear of god instilled in them with such bogus stories, Like Ab told by god to kill his son, but this alleged god, knowing everything, would have known the outcome when it invented the world so why give old Ab the test in the first place. Same with Eve eating the forbidden fruit. All man made stories to instill fear into a perhaps rowdy population. Ask Stalin how effective fear is for control of populations;
    Psalm 111:10 New King James Version (NKJV)

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
    A good understanding have all those who do His commandments.
    His praise endures forever.

Proverbs 1:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
    But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 9:10 New King James Version (NKJV)

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
    And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 21:301 edit
    I don't know how effective it really was in his case. He still had to kill 20 million Russians.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 02:00
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I don't know how effective it really was in his case. He still had to kill 20 million Russians.
    But it's ok to call all those millions of deaths down to free will so you don't have to acknowledge your god could give a shyte less about all those deaths. The free will card is a cop out. It excuses your god from all the atrocities going on as we speak, like the Malay air liner just shot down in the Ukraine, another 300 to add to the toll of deaths with no response from your god.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 05:02
    But it's ok to call all those millions of deaths down to free will so you don't have to acknowledge your god could give a shyte less about all those deaths. The free will card is a cop out. It excuses your god from all the atrocities going on as we speak, like the Malay air liner just shot down in the Ukraine, another 300 to add to the toll of deaths with no response from your god.
    Why do you blame the atrocities on the Christian God of love rather on Satan the Devil? Is that because Satan the Devil is your father and idol of hate?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 09:34
    Why do you blame the atrocities on the Christian God of love rather on Satan the Devil? Is that because Satan the Devil is your father and idol of hate?
    You have a way with deflection. Where did I say I BLAMED your god for all those atrocities? I SAID your alleged god did nothing, said nothing, TOTALLY indifferent to literally tens of millions of deaths, maybe 100 million deaths in century 20. A god who put out the ten commandments would have done SOMETHING about all that killing.

You love to twist people's words to your own sick ends.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 15:57
    You have a way with deflection. Where did I say I BLAMED your god for all those atrocities? I SAID your alleged god did nothing, said nothing, TOTALLY indifferent to literally tens of millions of deaths, maybe 100 million deaths in century 20. A god who put out the ten commandments would have done SOMETHING about all that killing.

You love to twist people's words to your own sick ends.
    How do you know God did nothing or said nothing? God had already gave the Ten Commandments (one was not to murder) and He sent out Christians to teach the world about loving each other. But the world murdered them. We don't know what God did or did not do after that because no one recorded that information. So you are just making assumptions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree