1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    12 Jul '14 04:53
    A few days ago i wanted to google how many N.T. Commandments are thee and 1,050 came up as the answer. There is some repetitions. As a believer in Jesus I see that it would be impossible to keep all of these moment by moment. That is why we need blood sacrifice and they don't do it at the temple anymore because Jesus did it for us. With out the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness and that is what Jesus did! He fulfilled the O.T. Law.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/1769494-1050-new-testament-commands-vs-613-a.html

http://www.aish.com/h/sh/se/48945081.html

http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/1050-new-testament-commands
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jul '14 05:144 edits
    Orthodox Jews ready to rebuild the temple and offer sacrifices

YouTube

Israeli Cabinet Minister Says Rebuild Biblical Temple in Jerusalem

YouTube

Israel's Knesset debates proposal to enforce its sovereignty at Al-Aqsa Mosque! Temple Mount

YouTube

Israel announces it is set to build 3rd Temple on Mosque

YouTube
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 Jul '14 11:28
    I think you missed the point.

It is impossible to keep 1,050 commands let alone 613 O.T. ones that you can't do!

Also if Jesus sacrifice wasn't enough then all the Jewish people have died for almost 2,000 years without blood sacrifices. So their sins wouldn't be forgiven unless of course a family has a father like Job who did sacrifices. And Jesus said it was finish so I believe that's why supernatually no sacrifices for the Jews have been going on.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jul '14 16:11
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I think you missed the point.

It is impossible to keep 1,050 commands let alone 613 O.T. ones that you can't do!

Also if Jesus sacrifice wasn't enough then all the Jewish people have died for almost 2,000 years without blood sacrifices. So their sins wouldn't be forgiven unless of course a family has a father like Job who did sacrifices. And Jesus said ...[text shortened]... was finish so I believe that's why supernatually no sacrifices for the Jews have been going on.
    In amongst those thou was there ONE that said 'thou shalt not own slaves'?
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 Jul '14 22:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    200 Miscellaneous Commands—

156. Servants, obey masters (Eph 6:5-8; Col. 3:22-25; 1 Pet 2:18)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '14 22:55
    A few days ago i wanted to google how many N.T. Commandments are thee and 1,050 came up as the answer. There is some repetitions. As a believer in Jesus I see that it would be impossible to keep all of these moment by moment. That is why we need blood sacrifice and they don't do it at the temple anymore because Jesus did it for us. With out the shedding of bl ...[text shortened]... w.aish.com/h/sh/se/48945081.html

http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/1050-new-testament-commands
    Exactly the point I try to get across to RAJk999 ...we can't keep all these commands. The words Jesus spoke were spiritual, and we need supernatural help, via "walking by the spirit" and realizing we are already forgiven.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 01:28
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Exactly the point I try to get across to RAJk999 ...we can't keep all these commands. The words Jesus spoke were spiritual, and we need supernatural help, via "walking by the spirit" and realizing we are already forgiven.
    The 'sin all you can' doctrine'. I know 90% of Christians believe they are saved and can sin without consequences. And chances are that many live sinful lives thinking that they will be forgiven or worse 'already forgiven'. Claiming that you are already forgiven is the height of arrogance and boasting.

According to the Bible only Satan or Devil is pleased with that 'sin all you can' doctrine. You can be sure that God, Christ and the angels are not pleased.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 01:331 edit
    Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

(Matthew 22:34-40)

Ask yourself, If you owned slaves would you believe you violate these two commandments?
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 12:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The 'sin all you can' doctrine'. I know 90% of Christians believe they are saved and can sin without consequences. And chances are that many live sinful lives thinking that they will be forgiven or worse 'already forgiven'. Claiming that you are already forgiven is the height of arrogance and boasting.

According to the Bible only Satan or Devil is please ...[text shortened]... hat 'sin all you can' doctrine. You can be sure that God, Christ and the angels are not pleased.
    God not even pleased with good deed! God wants your heart/faith!

A true believer will live in daily repentance, that's why you test your faith.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 12:352 edits
    200 Miscellaneous Commands—

156. Servants, obey masters (Eph 6:5-8; Col. 3:22-25; 1 Pet 2:18)
    In other words, no. Not only that, but a slave owner could rape a female slave every day of the year with impunity:

Leviticus 19:20-22: "And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free. And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, even a ram for a trespass offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering before the LORD for his sin which he hath done: and the sin which he hath done shall be forgiven him."

Not only that, the slave owners wife who is barren can have her husband impregnate a female slave at will:

Genesis 16:1-2: "Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar. And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the LORD hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai."
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 13:30
    God not even pleased with good deed! God wants your heart/faith!

A true believer will live in daily repentance, that's why you test your faith.
    God prefers you to sin rather than you go and do good works.

Really?

What the hell kind of Bible do you people read?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 13:39

According to the Bible only Satan or Devil is please ...[text shortened]... hat 'sin all you can' doctrine. You can be sure that God, Christ and the angels are not pleased.
    I'm not aware of that doctrine..."sin all you can" Is that your belief?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 13:521 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I'm not aware of that doctrine..."sin all you can" Is that your belief?
    Its your doctrine. Did you not already say some or all of the following :
    - that you would not be judged for sin
    - you would not have to account for your sin
    - your sins are covered
    - you are already forgiven.

These statements mean that you can sin and escape the consequences of sin. which is tantamount to saying that you can sin all you can. The Bible says other wise. If you accept Christ and continue to sin then you will pay the price and will pay more dearly than someone who did not know Christ in the first place.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)

And there are several more passages like that. You are sadly mistaken in your claim that your psst present and future sins are covered by the death of Christ.

Your past [prior to accepting Christ] sins yes.
    Your future sins maybe. You dont know that.

Your claim that you have eternal life now
    Your claim that you can sin and be sure of forgiveness.

,,, is all pure arrogance.

Like I already said these are the same things the Pharisees did.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 14:05
    In other words, no. Not only that, but a slave owner could rape a female slave every day of the year with impunity:

Leviticus 19:20-22: "And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free. An ...[text shortened]... y maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai."
    Did you know that in America one of the worst slaveowners was African-American! That's crazy!
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 14:07
    God prefers you to sin rather than you go and do good works.

Really?

What the hell kind of Bible do you people read?
    It's impossible to please God, God wants your faith! Your righteousness is like filthy rags! God wants you to have his righteousness inside of you!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree