1. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    07 Aug '12 13:21
    A sad day in Milwaukee. 7 killed in a shooting. May God comfort the bereaved. Hope you and your friends, relatives are safe.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Aug '12 14:511 edit
    Originally posted by shahenshah
    A sad day in Milwaukee. 7 killed in a shooting. May God comfort the bereaved. Hope you and your friends, relatives are safe.
    More useful would be friends, family, and colleagues of the bereaved comforting the bereaved. "God" will do nothing.Reveal Hidden Content
    (or as far as the fundies are concerned - he\'s a busy old bee regenerating their searing souls (and of course pain receptors) as they thrash, wail and gnash their (soul) teeth in a big old lake of fire)
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Aug '12 15:321 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    More useful would be friends, family, and colleagues of the bereaved comforting the bereaved. "God" will do nothing.[hidden](or as far as the fundies are concerned - he\'s a busy old bee regenerating their searing souls (and of course pain receptors) as they thrash, wail and gnash their (soul) teeth in a big old lake of fire)[/hidden]
    "God" doesn't have to exist to do something, you know.

May I advise leaving the grievers alone.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Aug '12 19:112 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    "God" doesn't have to exist to do something, you know.

May I advise leaving the grievers alone.
    What I would say to the bereaved differs from what I would say to a poster invoking "God" on a chess spirituality forum when talking about the bereaved. Reveal Hidden Content
    i.e. I wouldn\'t argue about the existence of some god or other

That said, in spite of any fleeting comfort from the delusion that the victims are now in heaven, it is the real and tangible support from people around them that will be of greater help getting through this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree