1. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 02:02
    I just upped my bandwidth to 75 mbps -- and just so y'all know, it didn't help one iota with the delays here at RHP. 🙁
  2. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 02:041 edit
    *wrong forum*
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 20:26
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I just upped my bandwidth to 75 mbps -- and just so y'all know, it didn't help one iota with the delays here at RHP. 🙁
    We'll pray for you.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 22:46
    Originally posted by sumydid
    We all have our own cross to bear.
  5. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 23:02
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    We all have our own cross to bear.
    A few years back I used to own a honda 50 motorcycle.

Great machine. Sure miss it now.

Don't know if it could get up to 75 mbps though.

Was fast enough for me.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 23:10
    I can download about 1 GB an hour and listen to podcasts without interruption, but RHP can be very slow sometimes.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 07:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    I can download about 1 GB an hour and listen to podcasts without interruption, but RHP can be very slow sometimes.
    I have fibre optic broadband and RHP is still the slowest site I use by far.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 07:30
    You're all spoilt rotten. I have 2 mbps adsl and I consider myself lucky.
    But your complaint is latency not bandwidth. The actual bandwidth used by RHP is probably in the low kbps. In other words, for the same latency, 500kbps or 75mbps will make no difference whatsoever.
    But if RHP is slow for you its probably on the server side. Either they need better programmers to optimize the code, or they need more/faster servers. Either way, it would probably mean higher subscription costs. What are you willing to pay for faster response times?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 07:36
    Does anyone know which part of the world the server is?

Yea, I know this is the wrong forum, but I am told by some theists that I have no hope of understanding spiritual matters until God chooses to help out, where 'spiritual matters' covers just about anything we happen to disagree on. Although it won't surprise me if someone says chess is their religion and therefore I can't hope to understand RHP latency issues.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 07:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I have fibre optic broadband and RHP is still the slowest site I use by far.
    I have Odourless Polyester Wi-Fi Y-Fronts with Elastic Broadband and a 3rd World Hand Stitched ASDL Gusset and yet my RHP chess rating is still way below 128 kbps.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 07:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You need to grow a pair and just accept that the server is somewhere even if you do not know where in the world it is.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 08:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    You need to grow a pair and just accept that the server is somewhere even if you do not know where in the world it is.
    I know at least one forum moderator is South African. If the servers are in SA, then that might explain other peoples high latency - especially considering that one of our main cables to the outside world is currently down.
  13. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 11:35
    You guys need a new computer they all get slower over time. RHP is faster than 79% of sites around the world. it's always been very fast for me like BANG!
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 20:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead

Yea, I know this is the wrong forum, but I am told by some theists that I have no hope of understanding spiritual matters until God chooses to help out, where 'spiritual matters' covers just about anything we happen to disagree on. Although it won't surprise me if someone says chess is their religion and therefore I can't hope to understand RHP latency issues.
    Ha!
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 20:59
    I am currently in negotiation with god regarding a supernatural rating upgrade to put me just behind RJHinds.

...God can only do SO much...!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree