1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 16:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course not but it's not surprising that the shocking goings on in religious organizations - like the ones being investigated by the Royal Comission - come up on a forum like this populated in part by religious people and members of religious organisations.
    sure
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 21:12
    Apparently they have an appetite for boys with 80-97% of claimants being male
    Weirdo priests.
    Shame on the other priests for not saying something earlier
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 22:272 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Apparently they have an appetite for boys with 80-97% of claimants being male
    Weirdo priests.
    Shame on the other priests for not saying something earlier
    From what I have read I think there is a statistical bias among male paedophiles to
    perpetrate acts against children of the same sex. This of course is not proof that
    homosexuals have a greater propensity to offend against children.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1556756

Its really interesting the way society and the courts have dealt with paedophiles. They are
    a kind of subhuman gangrene that must be cut off and purged lest their monstrous
    actions permeate the whole.

You will find extra judicial killings everywhere, e.g. In the UK Andrew Cunningham was
    stabbed fifty times and had his genitals cut off. In Bolivia lynch mobs stormed a police
    station, hailed the alleged paedophile out and killed him, Its not an infrequent
    occurrence.

Even judicially some states like Louisiana have the death sentence for rape of a minor.
    Others proscribe chemical castration and for a while literal castration was seen as a
    viable solution.

What are we to make of it?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 22:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    From what I have read I think there is a statistical bias among male paedophiles to
    perpetrate acts against children of the same sex. This of course is not proof that

Its really interesting the way society and the courts have dea ...[text shortened]... for a while literal castration was seen as a
    viable solution.

Not proof, just evidence.

As for the topic, by your actions you are known.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 23:032 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Not proof, just evidence.

As for the topic, by your actions you are known.
    Evidence that homosexuals are more likely to engage in acts of paedophilia? I reject the
    argument on the basis that its illogical. It does not follow.

I agree that actions are defining but not everyone shares the belief. From what I
    understand though the conventional view is that its a mixture of environment and biology.

https://neuroanthropology.net/2010/05/10/inside-the-mind-of-a-pedophile/
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 23:10
    Evidence that homosexuals are more likely to engage in acts of paedophilia? I reject the
    argument on the basis that its illogical. It does not follow.

I agree that actions are defining but not everyone shares the belief. From what I
    understand though the conventional view is that its a mixture of environment and biology.

https://neuroanthropology.net/2010/05/10/inside-the-mind-of-a-pedophile/
    Homosexuality is by definition sexually immoral behavior. If 100 percent of the population are sexual deviants, then they will have a higher probability when compared to a group which is not.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 23:221 edit
    Homosexuality is by definition sexually immoral behavior. If 100 percent of the population are sexual deviants, then they will have a higher probability when compared to a group which is not.
    The reality is not so simple. There are considered to be two types of paedophiles, those who focus exclusively on children and have no interest in adults and those who are not exclusive paedophiles. This is further compounded by the idea that there are homosexual paedophiles and bi-sexual paedophiles. There are also female paedophiles.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:12
    By whose definition, champ?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:23
    The reality is not so simple. There are considered to be two types of paedophiles, those who focus exclusively on children and have no interest in adults and those who are not exclusive paedophiles. This is further compounded by the idea that there are homosexual paedophiles and bi-sexual paedophiles. There are also female paedophiles.
    OK if you want to make distincyion betweem bi sexual men and homosexual, I will agree with you that between those two groups there is no reason to assume different rates.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:24
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    By whose definition, champ?
    By God's.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:29
    Saved? I have no idea what that means FMF, saved can mean different things to different people? Its an ambiguous term.
    You always claim you didn't not know what "saved" means. I simply don't believe you robbie; it is this kind of intellectual dishonesty over the years that has brought you the poor reputation you have here. Jesus quite adequately explained what the concept meant to Nicodemus in john 3:1. Paul and Silas explained what it meant to be "saved" to jailer the in Acts 16:30.

Furthermore your protestations in this thread that you have no vested interest because it is Catholics in focus, is complete dishonesty again by you. You have a vested interest because your nasty pernicious cult does not bring its child abusing leaders to the authorities, as we have extensively demonstrated in this forum several times.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:38
    From what I have been able to find there are about 3 000 catholic priests in Australia so we are talking roughly 210 pedophiles in this story.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:391 edit
    Its really interesting the way society and the courts have dealt with paedophiles. They are
    a kind of subhuman gangrene that must be cut off and purged lest their monstrous
    actions permeate the whole.
    Would you describe yourself as opposed to purging and then cutting off people who fail to live up to a group's norms and rules?
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:41

Its really interesting the way society and the courts have dea ...[text shortened]... for a while literal castration was seen as a
    viable solution.

I am not sure what to make of all this but it is clear that we cant just leave the Catholic church to his weed out the bad priests.

Apparently the church has been doing it's own investigations and "handling" these problems without any independent agencies . Something not right about that.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:44
    By God's.
    This sort of answer is just not helpful for anyone...

Especially to gay Christians

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree