1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 21:32
    Thy name is Oral Roberts. He stands as a beacon of why televangelists should be in psychotherapy. Roberts had a vision of a 900 ft Jesus who told him to build a medical "city" that would use prayer and faith healing. If the donors failed to finance this, he would not live much longer. There was no demand for hospital beds. It failed and Roberts somehow lived until yesterday. Unfortunately, he reproduced along the way and his son, Richard, followed in his footsteps with financial shenanegons and being in dire need of a psychiatrist. Unfortunately, I believe he has also reproduced.
  2. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 21:34
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Thy name is Oral Roberts. He stands as a beacon of why televangelists should be in psychotherapy. Roberts had a vision of a 900 ft Jesus who told him to build a medical "city" that would use prayer and faith healing. If the donors failed to finance this, he would not live much longer. There was no demand for hospital beds. It failed and Roberts someh ...[text shortened]... s and being in dire need of a psychiatrist. Unfortunately, I believe he has also reproduced.
    I would do anything a 900ft Jesus told me to do, strictly for teh lulz.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 07:56
    Originally posted by PBE6
    I would do anything a 900ft Jesus told me to do, strictly for teh lulz.
    but not if he was 876 feet. that is just not that impressive
  4. England
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 11:24
    at what age did this guy die, as ive never heard of him.
    how did he know it was 900ft
    but still seems a bit strange story
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 11:29
    Originally posted by stoker
    Hi Stoker, did you receive your copy of W/T and awake? there is a rather wonderful article of an SS Officer who became a Christian at the end of the war.
  6. England
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 11:482 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Hi Stoker, did you receive your copy of W/T and awake? there is a rather wonderful article of an SS Officer who became a Christian at the end of the war.
    yes i did but i put it on my bench and spilt my tea on it. so did not get a chance to read it
    but i know they do a lot of that storys, was it you!!
    tho mostly i read the way they put over biblical storys and theorys, trying to get a better understanding for myself, not to be dismisive or patronizeing. as i read the universe i do not read the "dear micheal" but read the letters to the editor and some articles.
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 13:28
    I always wondered just how he knew that his Jesus vision was 900 feet tall. When I was piloting, unless I was up in the air or had a rise in terrain to measure from (if I knew the heights of peaks in hills or mountains), it was amazing to me just how wrong I could be about how high many of the clouds were.
  8. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 14:39
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    but not if he was 876 feet. that is just not that impressive
    Obviously not, I already know there's another one out there with 24 ft on that Jesus.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 14:491 edit
    yes i did but i put it on my bench and spilt my tea on it. so did not get a chance to read it
    but i know they do a lot of that storys, was it you!!
    tho mostly i read the way they put over biblical storys and theorys, trying to get a better understanding for myself, not to be dismisive or patronizeing. as i read the universe i do not read the "dear micheal" but read the letters to the editor and some articles.
    Lol, no it was not I who did the article. I think you need to be invited to do an article. Although the article does not state it, it was a capital offence for a witness to speak of religion with an SS officer, just goes to show the good results of being bold!

We are now facing another ban in Russia. There was one previously but it got lifted in the eighties i think. We have several cases pending in the European court of human rights, but the situation does not look good, for it was probably politically motivated by the present regimes honouring of the Russian orthodox church.

The latest edition contain some very practical advice for anyone considering a divorce with the emphasis on trying to keep things together.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 07:16
    I remember a place in San Jose California were there was a big silver statue of I think it was Jesus or a saint or something crazy. I can't remember but it was 20' or 30' it was weird. I was bicycle racing at the time and it was an amusement before the race.

Manny
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 07:22
    I looked up the medical city. My ... f'ck'n ... God ...
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 11:37
    I've heard stranger

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree