1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 17:58
    It comes from shorthand. "At" is a very common word.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 19:222 edits
    @ @@@ @@@@ @@ @@@?

@@ @ @@@@@ @@@ @@ !!

OK?
  3. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 20:19
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Used to live in fallowfield a couple of years ago; I have now moved up the ladder now though and find myself living in Longsight...such a nice place! :]
    Yes, one more rung and you'll be in Gorton 🙂
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 22:34
    Used to live in fallowfield a couple of years ago; I have now moved up the ladder now though and find myself living in Longsight...such a nice place! :]
    The beautiful Longsight i knew her well. I used to live on Dickenson Road in my first year at Uni, way back in '99. I eventually migrated to Chorlton after a year spell in West Didsbury. On my return back up north i settled on 'the Range'.

Why Longsight?
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 00:114 edits
    Ah yes Dickenson road...the place where dreams come true! many times I've walked (& cycled down) that hallowed route into paradise (Rusholme).

As for why I live in Longsight, not only is it a tranquil place of beauty and splendor that few towns manage to emulate, but my place of residence costs me only £52 p/w (including water rates).

People say it's a dangerous place but I've only ever been shot at once! (at least I believe so; I didn't turn round to check that the loud bang originating from the character veiled completely in black following me down a dimly lit street leading to my flat was made by a gun...I just bolted)

What did you study btw?
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 00:14
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    Yes, one more rung and you'll be in Gorton 🙂
    In my dreams!...that place is far too good for the likes of me :]
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 03:402 edits
    Why does all the fun start after I'm gone? 😠 😕 @ this place?
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 10:46
    Ah yes Dickenson road...the place where dreams come true! many times I've walked (& cycled down) that hallowed route into paradise (Rusholme).

As for why I live in Longsight, not only is it a tranquil place of beauty and splendor that few towns manage to emulate, but my place of residence costs me only £52 p/w (including water rates).

People say it's a d ...[text shortened]... lit street leading to my flat was made by a gun...I just bolted)

What did you study btw?
    I studied Popular Music and Recording, to give the full title, although i never did any recording, at the University of Salford. Fortunately i never had the pleasure of living in Salford, i heard to many horror stories about the place and wimped out. If you think Longsight is 'edgy', Ordsall and Lower Broughton in Salford make it look like a Center Parcs.

Once i discovered the salubrious, bohemian mecca of Chorlton i wouldn't want to live too far from it now.

Have you ever ventured over to this side of Manchester? What do you study?
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 11:221 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I studied Popular Music and Recording, to give the full title, although i never did any recording, at the University of Salford. Fortunately i never had the pleasure of living in Salford, i heard to many horror stories about the place and wimped out. If you think Longsight is 'edgy', Ordsall and Lower Broughton in Salford make it look like a Center Parcs r from it now.

Have you ever ventured over to this side of Manchester? What do you study?
    I may have ventured over there a couple of times but only passing through. There are still a few areas I have yet to visit on my walks/jogs/cycles though perhaps I might give the 'nicer' areas of Salford you mention a miss! :]

From the course you studied may I assume you still keep your hand in the music side of things...possibly play a couple of instruments, write your on songs, or are in a band? As for me I'm studying maths, in my final year (hooray!)
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 12:01
    I may have ventured over there a couple of times but only passing through. There are still a few areas I have yet to visit on my walks/jogs/cycles though perhaps I might give the 'nicer' areas of Salford you mention a miss! :]

From the course you studied may I assume you still keep your hand in the music side of things...possibly play a couple of instrument ...[text shortened]... ite your on songs, or are in a band? As for me I'm studying maths, in my final year (hooray!)
    I'm a drummer, i make my living from music. I gig a bit, i do a bit of teaching, and very soon i will be going into schools to give workshops.

Maths eh? I got as far as a C at A-level.
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 12:182 edits
    I'm a drummer, i make my living from music. I gig a bit, i do a bit of teaching, and very soon i will be going into schools to give workshops.

Maths eh? I got as far as a C at A-level.
    Pretty cool!...my own 'far reaching' musical talents include plucking the main riff of "Smoke on the Water" on the guitar, playing "The Entertainer" on the piano, barraging strangers with the sounds of Oasis on karoake, and subtly hammering away at the table with my hands when I hear an agreeable drum beat.
    I actually spent about 6 years messing about on the piano; then my little bro came along, spent 2 months on the instrument, showed me the fruits of his labours and I never played again! In short, music isn't my strong point :]

As for maths I didn't actually take A levels figuring my calling in life was to draw. Left my knowledge in that area for dead until I turned 24, decided I hate the graphics industry, and got myself a few maths textbooks to study from.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 13:30
    Pretty cool!...my own 'far reaching' musical talents include plucking the main riff of "Smoke on the Water" on the guitar, playing "The Entertainer" on the piano, barraging strangers with the sounds of Oasis on karoake, and subtly hammering away at the table with my hands when I hear an agreeable drum beat.
    I actually spent about 6 years messing about on the ...[text shortened]... ecided I hate the graphics industry, and got myself a few maths textbooks to study from.
    If on any of your excursions you venture this side of town let me know, we'll have to meet up for a coffee and a game of chess.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 14:551 edit
    If on any of your excursions you venture this side of town let me know, we'll have to meet up for a coffee and a game of chess.
    If he heads over there, we could describe it thusly:

Agerg @ Manchester.

Right?
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 19:02
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    If he heads over there, we could describe it thusly:

Agerg @ Manchester.

Right?
    Well...it would be accurate to say "Agerg @ Manchester" now! :]
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 19:041 edit
    Why not!...can't do anything this weekend as I've got a lot of work on but if you're up for it we can get it sorted and arrange a meet-up for next saturday or something. (though your chess ranking is way above mine...I know practically zero opening theory and kind of bluff my way through the middle game):]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree