1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 20:39
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Nope. Sorry. We have discussed this in length quite recently, so I bow out. I really get tired orf repeating something we have already discussed. By.
    a) why post in the thread at all?

b) why don't you just state your view concisely and clearly instead of flim-flamming all the time?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 20:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    a) why post in the thread at all?

b) why don't you just state your view concisely and clearly instead of flim-flamming all the time?
    No thanks....
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 20:59
    No thanks....
    Perhaps you just can't resist posting irrelevancies in a thread where your position is being questioned but where you lack the confidence or courage to defend it.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 21:591 edit
    Perhaps you just can't resist posting irrelevancies in a thread where your position is being questioned but where you lack the confidence or courage to defend it.
    Lol. So just because you tell me too and try to demean me with a supposed lack of confidence and courage, I'm supposed to give in and comment when I know it is a waist of time?
    See here is the perfect exanple I'm trying to get thru FMF's head that you guys do attack not just my opinions but you do it to others too. No different then a bully on a play ground.
    You guys need to grow up and stop hiding behind your monitors.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 22:11
    Lol. So just because you tell me too and try to demean me with a supposed lack of confidence and courage, I'm supposed to give in and comment when I know it is a waist of time?
    See here is the perfect exanple I'm trying to get thru FMF's head that you guys do attack not just my opinions but you do it to others too. No different then a bully on a play ground.
    You guys need to grow up and stop hiding behind your monitors.
    If you have nothing to add to this thread, please feel free to not post in it.

The premise in the OP stands fine without you.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 22:12
    If you have nothing to add to this thread, please feel free to not post in it.

The premise in the OP stands fine without you.
    If I see the need to post anying, do I need to ask your permission?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 22:29
    If I see the need to post anying, do I need to ask your permission?
    This thread will stay alive despite your attempts to hijack it, in fact all you are doing is calling attention to the fact that you have no response to the OP.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 23:06
    This thread will stay alive despite your attempts to hijack it, in fact all you are doing is calling attention to the fact that you have no response to the OP.
    I'm actually not the person who started this supposed highjack in case you didn't notice?
    And I clearly said I have no responce, didn't I? So where is the problem?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 06:161 edit
    I'm actually not the person who started this supposed highjack in case you didn't notice?
    And I clearly said I have no responce, didn't I? So where is the problem?
    Whilst your continued wittering here is a distraction to the premise of the OP, you have to remember that I am a forthright critic of your religious cult and I am quite happy for your deflection, hemming and hawing, obfuscation and refusal to address legitimate questions to add further discredit to it, so that perhaps some may escape the danger and ignominy of its clutches.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 10:372 edits
    Whilst your continued wittering here is a distraction to the premise of the OP, you have to remember that I am a forthright critic of your religious cult and I am quite happy for your deflection, hemming and hawing, obfuscation and refusal to address legitimate questions to add further discredit to it, so that perhaps some may escape the danger and ignominy of its clutches.
    can i ask you, what is the definition of a cult? As for criticism, can you state why these words of Jesus seem to apply to other people?

(Matthew 7:1-5) “Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with what judgment you are judging, you will be judged and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you. Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to extract the straw from your eye’ when, look! a rafter is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 10:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    can i ask you, what is the definition of a cult? As for criticism, can you state why these words of Jesus seem to apply to other people?

(Matthew 7:1-5) “Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with what judgment you are judging, you will be judged and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you. Why, then, do y ...[text shortened]... om your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye.
    Are you in any way at all going to address the point in the OP, or shall we dance the dance of deflection once again?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 11:011 edit
    Are you in any way at all going to address the point in the OP, or shall we dance the dance of deflection once again?
    You stated that Jehovahs Witnesses are a cult, i am addressing your last post. It is a term you have used consistently in your criticism, therefore, what is your definition of a cult.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 12:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You stated that Jehovahs Witnesses are a cult, i am addressing your last post. It is a term you have used consistently in your criticism, therefore, what is your definition of a cult.
    I will start another thread on it to help you not avoid the OP in this one
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 08:10
    Bump

I'm assuming that neither JW here has any response to the premise and scriptures quoted...
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 15:386 edits
    The point is Ron, yes you would still kill in a heart beat if you felt you had to and even more importantly you would do it in half a heart beat if your country told you to.
    This is who you have followed in your life, your country, not Jesus. And you have made that clearly known over and over and over to everyone here.
    We all clearly know where your allegiance is and it is not with Jesus.
    You call the God of the Old Testament, Jehovah, and as you know, this Jehovah God was all for fighting in war and killing by the sword. The atheists that read the Old Testament, call your Jehovah, a homicidal maniac or a genocidal maniac, because of His support of wars and killing by the sword. So when I was in the military I was just following the teachings of your Jehovah God.

Now, that I am too old to be recalled to active duty as a soldier by my country, I have no need to live by the sword or die by the sword. I also have gained a belief in Jesus as the the way, the truth, and the life and now call myself a Christian, even though that is up for debate with some people.

That said, then are you a follower of the war God, Jehovah, of the Old Testament or the Christian God of the New Testament? So why do you call yourself Jehovah's Witnesses, if you do not follow His commands to fight in wars?

But of the cities of these peoples which the Lord your God gives you as an inheritance, you shall let nothing that breathes remain alive, but you shall utterly destroy them...

(Deuteronomy 20:16-17 NKJV)

So Joshua conquered all the land: the mountain country and the South and the lowland and the wilderness slopes, and all their kings; he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the Lord God of Israel had commanded.

(Joshua 10:40 NKJV)

And Joshua proceeded to strike all the land of the mountainous region and the Neg-ebg and the She·phelahh and the slopes and all their kings. He did not let a survivor remain, and everything that breathed he devoted to destruction, just as Jehovah the God of Israel had commanded.

(Joshua 10:40 New World Translation of the Jehovah's Witnesses)

To everything there is a season,
    A time for every purpose under heaven:
    A time to love,
    And a time to hate;
    A time of war,
    And a time of peace.

(Ecclesastes 3:1,8 NKJV)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree