1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 03:45
    Originally posted by josephw
    Ok. Why don't you boil it down to something substantive?
    It's you who needs to raise his game, not me. You do the boiling ~ but use conventional means of words. 😉
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 07:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's you who needs to raise his game, not me. You do the boiling ~ but use conventional means of words. 😉
    When it comes to things spiritual God defines the terms. Can't raise the game any higher than that.

Now you'll respond with some rigmarole about God figures, myths, fables and supernatural phenomena.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 07:54
    When it comes to things spiritual God defines the terms. Can't raise the game any higher than that.
    The meaning of "faith" is a matter for the English language and it applies to more gods than just your one. Thinking you can commandeer the word for your own religion and change its meaning so that it reflects the sheer strength of your personal convictions doesn't work.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 07:55
    Now you'll respond with some rigmarole about God figures, myths, fables and supernatural phenomena.
    You may refer to your religious beliefs as a "rigmarole" if you choose; I see it as an ideology.
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 04:311 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Gibberish.
    1. If you say your moral standard, whether social or personal, is evolving and getting better, then by what non-subjective standard do you judge that it is getting better?

2. If your moral standard is evolving and can contradict itself, can that system of moral determination be true since it can produce self-contradiction?

Responding with 'gibberish' it merely your coping mechanism to blank these questions out.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 08:43
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    1. If you say your moral standard, whether social or personal, is evolving and getting better, then by what non-subjective standard do you judge that it is getting better?

2. If your moral standard is evolving and can contradict itself, can that system of moral determination be true since it can produce self-contradiction?

Responding with 'gibberish' it merely your coping mechanism to blank these questions out.
    What do you get out of this repetition? Seriously.

It's tedious. Do you think I come here for tedium or to repeat myself over and over again?

Pat yourself on the back if you must and tell yourself your inane repetition has won the argument, but please just move along.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 09:47
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    What do you get out of this repetition? Seriously.

It's tedious. Do you think I come here for tedium or to repeat myself over and over again?

Pat yourself on the back if you must and tell yourself your inane repetition has won the argument, but please just move along.
    The only response you have given me so far is "gibberish".

No pun intended there.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 14:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    The meaning of "faith" is a matter for the English language and it applies to more gods than just your one. Thinking you can commandeer the word for your own religion and change its meaning so that it reflects the sheer strength of your personal convictions doesn't work.
    "The meaning of "faith" is a matter for the English language..."

That's how you conceptualize faith, but you missed a step. God created language, and "faith" is His word to define and give meaning to. Not yours.

I'll take God's Word for it as to what faith is and what it means and how it is used. Not yours.

Faith, it's meaning, purpose and use is settled and established in a 3500 year old document written by men inspired by God. Your problem is you just can't handle it. If it's not your way it's no way. "The way of Cain" way.

Jude 1:10,11a
    But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
    Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain,..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree