@Grampy-Bobby

@Grampy-Bobby

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
24 Nov 14

Hey Grampy,

It would appear that your posts on this forum don't command the level of interest which befits a man of your esteemed learning and wisdom. In the hopes of countering this ill trend, I have come across the following handy hints assembled by the site creator. I am fully confident that by applying these guidelines in your future posts, your status on this board will return yet once more to the dizzying heights enjoyed in the past.

"Please stay on topic. There is clearly a subjective judgment to be made as to whether a post strays off topic and in the majority of cases the post will not be deleted unless it is considered to be disruptive to the thread and its participants." - Russ ---- > Help : forumguide

"Repeated posting of the same material (spamming) is not acceptable." - Russ ---- > Help : forumguide

"Overly trivial posts may be removed at the discretion of the forum moderators if they are deemed to be disruptive or distracting to the thread and its participants." - Russ ---- > Help : forumguide

"Do not rant. Ranting is defined here as a style of post that comes across as a political broadcast or an angry protest that does little to progress the discussion or to involve other posters. Such postings often feel like an intrusion into the general debate, regardless of the validity of the points being made." - Russ ---- > Help : forumguide

I do look forward to seeing a dramatic improvement in your posting quality!!! 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Nov 14

Originally posted by Agerg
Hey Grampy,

It would appear that your posts on this forum don't command the level of interest which befits a man of your esteemed learning and wisdom. In the hopes of countering this ill trend, I have come across the following handy hints assembled by the site creator. I am fully confident that by applying these guidelines in your future posts, your status ...[text shortened]... elp][/quote]

Thanks for the reminder.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 Nov 14

Hey Grampy,

It would appear that your posts on this forum don't command the level of interest which befits a man of your esteemed learning and wisdom. In the hopes of countering this ill trend, I have come across the following handy hints assembled by the site creator. I am fully confident that by applying these guidelines in your future posts, your status ...[text shortened]... elp][/quote]

Sometimes the danger of tongue-in-cheek is gagging on our own cleverness.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
24 Nov 14
2 edits

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Sometimes the danger of tongue-in-cheek is gagging on our own cleverness.
Surely you misunderstand me Freaky! That was not tongue-in-cheek! On the contrary, I am one of Grampy's most avid followers, and it is for that reason I am truly saddened to witness that he has wandered so far from greatness. A man who strives so selflessly to correct the ways of others has been left by the wayside - abandoned and impoverished by those indebted to him most 🙁

We should not be so hasty to laugh and point! We should instead shine a light towards the least of our brethren, that we may guide them out of the storm and give courage to re-chart waters they discovered first.

No man left behind!! 🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Nov 14

Surely you misunderstand me Freaky! That was not tongue-in-cheek! On the contrary, I am one of Grampy's most avid followers, and it is for that reason I am so truly saddened to witness that he has wandered so far from greatness. A man who strives so selflessly to correct the ways of others has been left by the wayside - abandoned and impoverished by those inde ...[text shortened]... he storm and give courage to re-chart waters they discovered first.

No man left behind!! 🙂
well then, I guess that leaves out the women....

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
24 Nov 14
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
well then, I guess that leaves out the women....
Aha!! ... but I did not say "no woman not left behind"!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
25 Nov 14

Hey Grampy,

Are you a patient man? 🙂

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
25 Nov 14

I wonder about the ethics of starting threads for the sake of abusing fellow posters.

Actually I don't wonder about it - I think it's wrong.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
25 Nov 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
I wonder about the ethics of starting threads for the sake of abusing fellow posters.

I agree with the sentiment but the OP is hardly abuse!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
25 Nov 14
3 edits

I wonder about the motive of condoning the sort of underhanded forum bullying employed by the subject of alleged "abuse" with a thoughtless post such as this.

Actually I don't wonder about it - I clearly recognise it as game-playing.

F

Moves
26 Nov 14

This thread's OP contained no abuse. Indeed, the poster to whom the OP was addressed thanked the poster who started the thread for his advice.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
26 Nov 14

Originally posted by FMF
This thread's OP contained no abuse. Indeed, the poster to whom the OP was addressed thanked the poster who started the thread for his advice.
Well not really. The advice contained a collection of rules from the terms of service, with the clear implication that GB was violating them. If Agerg's thinks that GB bullies people then the appropriate thing to do is either complain to the moderators or come to the defence of whoever the victim is in the thread in which it is happening. Starting a thread about it is just not really on. Since as far as I can see his only great failing is to write posts rendered virtually incomprehensible by their verbosity. I don't think that GB is particularly offensive by the standards of this Forum.

F

Moves
26 Nov 14

I don't think that GB is particularly offensive by the standards of this Forum.
Nor is this thread. Presumably, as you state that you think it's the appropriate thing to do, you have alerted the moderators about it. I doubt you'll succeed in getting it deleted though. Did you also report any of Grampy Bobby's numerous threads that sought to attribute all manner of personal failings to posters who disagree with him on various matters? I don't suppose you did. And you'd have been right not to. 🙂

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
26 Nov 14

Originally posted by FMF
Nor is this thread. Presumably, as you state that you think it's the appropriate thing to do, you have alerted the moderators about it. I doubt you'll succeed in getting it deleted though. Did you also report any of Grampy Bobby's numerous threads that sought to attribute all manner of personal failings to posters who disagree with him on various matters? I don't suppose you did. And you'd have been right not to. 🙂
No, the only thread I ever reported was the one where the guy was trying to sell fake passports. I've alerted the mods over calls for genocide back when you could alert individual posts, which seems to have gone now, but you'd actually have to go that far to get me to report a post. I took the other option which was to complain about the thread in it - it's more likely to have an effect. It took them ages to remove the passports thread.

F

Moves
26 Nov 14

I've alerted the mods over calls for genocide back when you could alert individual posts, which seems to have gone now, but you'd actually have to go that far to get me to report a post.
As far as I know, being able to alert individual posts is a 'benefit' of being a subscriber.