1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 08:51
    Please explain your claim that the multitudes who have died have "paid" or thief own sins through their own deaths.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 12:441 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Please explain your claim that the multitudes who have died have "paid" or thief own sins through their own deaths.
    Incoherent exegesis is my guess. Based on something roigam said elsewhere, I think he believes that because death is the consequence of sin, that when one dies it is payment for one's sins.

Of course that idea, logically, means that Jesus' death is for naught.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '17 21:26
    Originally posted by josephw
    Incoherent exegesis is my guess. Based on something roigam said elsewhere, I think he believes that because death is the consequence of sin, that when one dies it is payment for one's sins.

Of course that idea, logically, means that Jesus' death is for naught.
    never read - 'the wages of sin is death ?' - you noobs should try reading the Bible.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '17 21:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    never read - 'the wages of sin is death ?' - you noobs should try reading the Bible.
    How is receiving a wage, the same as paying the price for something?

You cultboys should try getting out more and drinking less Watchtower koolaid.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '17 21:29
    Incidentally Robbie The Ignorer, it is Christ who has "paid" the price for our sin. You may have heard of him.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 23:591 edit
    What your Bible says is "For the wages sin pays is death".

Do you ever read the NWT anymore? I notice you stopped trying to stand up for it in arguments. Recognizing it as ludicrous would be a good first step. I realize you have a public persona to project, though.

Tell me one thing: Why isn't the NWT at jw.org searchable online? Are they afraid more people might see their alterations to the Word of God?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 00:061 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Tell me one thing: Why isn't the NWT at jw.org searchable online? Are they afraid more people might see their alterations to the Word of God?
    Can you say what you personally feel are the three or so most egregious and crucial "alterations" found in the NWT?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 00:27
    What your Bible says is "For the wages sin pays is death".

Do you ever read the NWT anymore? I notice you stopped trying to stand up for it in arguments. Recognizing it as ludicrous would be a good first step. I realize you have a public persona to project, though.

Actually its the very first item on the page. I don't know where you got the idea that its not searchable on-line, perhaps your aluminium foil hat needs adjusting?

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 06:24
    Actually its the very first item on the page. I don't know where you got the idea that its not searchable on-line, perhaps your aluminium foil hat needs adjusting?

Roigam seems to have disappeared again; are you willing to respond to the OP on his behalf?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 08:45
    I guess not 😞
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 09:541 edit

You're being very untruthful, robbie.

The "search" on this page is a search of "jw.org", not a search of the NWT.

Now answer my question.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 09:571 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can you say what you personally feel are the three or so most egregious and crucial "alterations" found in the NWT?
    No, I can't, or rather, more specifically, I won't.

Do your own homework.

I'm not here for your entertainment.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 10:26
    Do your own homework.
    That wouldn't work because the question to you is Can you say what you personally feel are the three or so most egregious and crucial "alterations" found in the NWT? The reason I ask is because you fling the same little claim at the JWs over and over and over again, but when asked to substantiate it, you always deflect or ignore the request. I am asking you what you believe are the most serious "alterations". This is not something I can do homework about. It's simply a question for you to answer.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 13:09
    You're being very untruthful, robbie.

The "search" on this page is a search of "jw.org", not a search of the NWT.

Now answer my question.
    You are wrong, it cites the NWT in chapter and verse. You would know that of you went to the link but clearly you have not. Oh dear, a rather poor show even by your low standards.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 13:10
    No, I can't, or rather, more specifically, I won't.

Do your own homework.

I'm not here for your entertainment.
    nor it seems to substantiate your claims.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree