1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 14:081 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    nor it seems to substantiate your claims.
    Is roigam so far off of JW dogma that you are completely unable to step in for him while he is out shopping?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:112 edits
    You are wrong, it cites the NWT in chapter and verse. You would know that of you went to the link but clearly you have not. Oh dear, a rather poor show even by your low standards.
    Clearly I have been to the site, and the Search function is a search OF THE SITE, not the text of your NWT.

I am still waiting for your answer to my question.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:13
    Don't hide behind his skirt, robbie.

Why doesn't jw.org provide a search function for the online version of your NWT?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:141 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    That wouldn't work because the question to you is Can you say [b]what you personally feel are the three or so most egregious and crucial "alterations" found in the NWT? The reason I ask is because you fling the same little claim at the JWs over and over and over again, but when asked to substantiate it, you always deflect or ignore the request. I am asking y ...[text shortened]... tions". This is not something I can do homework about. It's simply a question for you to answer.[/b]
    Wrong. Both the NWT and the KJV are available online.

Go figure it out yourself. All the data is there.

Now I know that the JWs gutlessly don't allow online searching of the NWT, but search the KJV using any site offering a KJV Bible, and then access the same verse on the jw.org site.

As I said, I'm not here for your entertainment. Figure it out yourself.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is roigam so far off of JW dogma that you are completely unable to step in for him while he is out shopping?
    It is the JW dogma that is "so far off" from Christianity.

But you knew that.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    My question is about what you personally believe are a few of the most egregious "alterations" found in the NWT, and not about what I believe.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 06:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    My question is about what [b]you personally believe are a few of the most egregious "alterations" found in the NWT, and not about what I believe.[/b]
    It's definitely about what you believe.

You believe the scriptures are the fabrication of man. If they are, then no matter which translation it is they're all wrong. Any alterations from one text to the other is of no consequence, but if the scriptures exist as a result of inspiration from God, then even the tiniest change in the text makes the whole corrupt.

I think your question is disingenuous in that you already have your answer.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 06:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    It's definitely about what you believe.
    No, josephw, it's definitely about what Suzianne believes. She keeps mentioning the "alterations" but never, ever specifies which "alterations" she is referring to.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 06:40
    Any alterations from one text to the other is of no consequence, but if the scriptures exist as a result of inspiration from God, then even the tiniest change in the text makes the whole corrupt
    Then why won't Suzianne say what she feels are the most of egregious of these "alterations" that she keeps mentioning?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 06:41
    I think your question is disingenuous in that you already have your answer.
    No, my question is not "disingenuous" at all. My question is 'unanswered', simple as that.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 09:441 edit
    Don't hide behind his skirt, robbie.

Why doesn't jw.org provide a search function for the online version of your NWT?
    It does I provided the link, you can go there and search the entire Bible. The link takes you directly to the New world translation on-line, its not a search of the entire site as you have ludicrously asserted, it brings up a menu of the Bible, chapters and verse. Its clear that you have not done so and continue to live in denial and perpetuate your busted charade.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 09:48

Now I know that the JWs gutlessly don't allow online searching of the NWT, but search the KJV using any site offering a KJV Bible, and then access the same verse on the jw.org site.

As I said, I'm not here for your entertainment. Figure it out yourself.
    This is quite simply not true. Anyone can go to jw.org and read and search the Bible for themselves.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 22:24
    Are you able to explain roigam's claim that the multitudes who have died have "paid" or thief own sins through their own deaths?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree