1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 19:30
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

So you are trying not to be this very bad person because “God’s eyes are upon you”.

Interesting.

Pre-tell what is so "interesting" about that genius ? ? ?
    Who is better adjusted in regards to their morality?

Child A who is only good and avoids doing bad things because he thinks his father is watching, or Child B who is good of his own accord irrespective of who is or isn't watching him?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 19:542 edits
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

So you are trying not to be this very bad person because “God’s eyes are upon you”.

Interesting.

Pre-tell what is so "interesting" about that genius ? ? ?
    Are you pretending?

Let me explain Mr Teacher; if “God’s eyes” were not upon you, what would you be? Would you be the nasty piece of work you were when you posted that bitter invective at Ghost? If “God’s eyes” are not upon you, what will you be?

We are changed from within by the spirit of Jesus, not by the scruitiny of “God’s eyes”. You are only sonship because you feel you are being watched. And it shows.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 15:183 edits
    @divegeester

Are you pretending?

Pretending to be interested, if anything.
    What do you have?

Let me explain Mr Teacher; if “God’s eyes” were not upon you, what would you be?

There are many factors which go into wanting to be a normal man. One of those is the fear of the Lord.

Did you not read "The fear of the Lord is the hatred of evil." somewhere in say Proverbs?

Sure, along with wanting to PLEASE the One I love, there is ALSO the sober regard that before Him no one gets away with ANYTHING.

So His eyes upon me is also a factor in my motivation to walk before God in the Spirit of Christ.

Now did you not ever read in the Bible something like -

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." ?

Did you see that? The BEGINNNING of Wisdom - the reverent sober regard for God's holy and righteous and glorious being. That's the BEGINNING of wisdom.

Would you be the nasty piece of work you were when you posted that bitter invective at Ghost? If “God’s eyes” are not upon you, what will you be?

NO CONSEQUENCE leads men to MORE EVIL.

Didn't you read somewhere in the Bible -

"Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the children of men is fully set within them to do evil." (Ecc. 8:11)

I think I know what you are implying, Ie "Well if you loved God and loved righteousnesss it would not be a matter of you being afraid that His eyes are on you."

Right? That's kind of where you're going. And that I would say " I take ALL the help I can get. "

We are changed from within by the spirit of Jesus, not by the scruitiny of “God’s eyes”. You are only sonship because you feel you are being watched. And it shows.

Yes, transformation is sanctification.
    The point is agreed with 100%.

Now a little FURTHER word. The Apostle Paul said of he and his co-workers that they paid attention to the fear of the Lord. And some versions say ... "terror".

Note Second Corinthians 5:11

Berean Literal Bible
    Therefore knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men. And we have been made manifest to God, and I hope to have been made manifest in your consciences also.

New American Standard Bible
    Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men, but we are made manifest to God; and I hope that we are made manifest also in your consciences.

King James Bible
    Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

My guess would be that Paul was pretty spiritually mature when he wrote that?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 16:471 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Are you pretending?

Pretending to be interested, if anything.
    What do you have?

Let me explain Mr Teacher; if “God’s eyes” were not upon you, what would you be?

There are many factors which go into wanting to be a normal man. One of those is the fear of the Lord.

Did you not read "The fear of the Lord is the hat ...[text shortened]... ences.
    [/quote]

My guess would be that Paul was pretty spiritually mature when he wrote that?
    Hairdryer alert!!!

Here is the question you are now desperately trying to bury:

Why is it you are only this good person because, as you put it, “the eyes of God are upon you”?

Don’t you have, as you once said, “Jesus flowing out of you”?

Don’t you live by the indwelling spirit?

What’s all this about “terror” of god?

Is this your Christianity sonship? Being a good boy because you are terrorised by you monstrous version of your torturing God?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 20:382 edits
    @divegeester

I already told you two important matters at least.

1.) All the help to love the Lord that I can receive, I'll gladly take.

2.) Paul was much more of a mature Christian then I. And he said the fear of the Lord was also a motivator for him.

He as not afraid that he would lose eternal redemption. But he had a sober concern that he wold be disquaified for some reward.

Now if why do you make me have to repeat the point?
    The Apostle Peter says the same thing.

"And if you call upon the Father, who without respect of persons judges according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here [b[ in fear.[/b]" (1 Peter. 16)

Now if the arguable leader of the 12 apostles advises me to pass the time here as a believer "in fear" , am I wrong to heed his advice?

And again Paul, also very mature, say to work out our salvation with "fear and trembling" .

"Wherefore my beloved, as you have always obeyed, but not in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,

work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, For it is God who works in you both the willing and the doing for His good pleasure." (Phil. 2:12,13)

I assure you that I could spend a week discussing only the beauty and love-ability of Jesus Christ as a motivating factor.

Know that for some of us, including Peter and Paul, fear is an additional motivator.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 20:57
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I already told you two important matters at least.

1.) All the help to love the Lord that I can receive, I'll gladly take.

2.) Paul was much more of a mature Christian then I. And he said the fear of the Lord was also a motivator for him.

He as not afraid that he would lose eternal redemption. But he had a sober concern that he wold be disquaified fo ...[text shortened]... ing factor.

Know that for some of us, including Peter and Paul, fear is an additional motivator.
    It is my firm belief that you should focus less on fear and terror and more on triumphant mercy and grace.
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '18
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 06:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree