1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '13 13:255 edits
    TheologyForum, I have lost track of. But they had a formal structure and word count to their debate forum. They had a specific number of rounds with a specific word count limitation.

But I think you would find your need met at Evc (Evolution verses Creation) which is really a misnomer because there are many discussion rooms on other things.

JewsforJesus has a forum with word count and moderation too.

Then there is the TEKTONICS site forums of apologist J P Holding.
    Surf for it and you'll find it - tektonics.

I agree with those complaining about the anarchy of this forum.
    Some Christians are an embarrassment to me here at times.
    Rude atheist trolls I expect to act as they do.

I also make mistakes and poor posts.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '13 13:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds

This Spiritual Fourm would be nice for friendly discussions, if we could rid ourselves of the atheists, evilutionists, and Satan following non-Christians.

The Instructor
    In my view, an Open Arms Membership Policy (with minimum age stipulation; enforceable terms of service; and fair moderation) would reflect historical human virtues we all value and promote lively conversation free of egotistical tirades.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '13 14:06
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody

In order to have a good debate you must have good opposing views.
    I think that's fine so long as what you have is not personally insulting.
    Well said.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '13 14:111 edit
    Originally posted by JS357

You and sonship both recommended carm. I have looked at it and it seems to present balanced and conventional Christian views (albeit non-JW, non-RCC, non-LDS). It is well annotated, for example it references documents of the RCC when it discusses the RCC position on Mary. If I am in discussions on the tenets of Christianity it will be a resource for me.

Over mples of theism and I will avoid them. Some here on both sides seem to be "damaged goods".[/b]
    "I don't think the more fervent (rabid?) posters on this forum are going to be a source of inspiration toward faith. If anything, I find them to be bad examples of theism and I will avoid them. Some here on both sides seem to be "damaged goods". (JS357)

Penetrating Diagnosis!
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 May '13 17:52
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    In order to have a good debate you must have good opposing views.
    I think that's fine so long as what you have is not personally insulting.
    If there are too many limitations put on the discussions, then if could become boring.

The Instructor
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 13:21
    I am the loyal one that you seek.

The Instructor
    Yes, the loyalty to other people's brains. You refuse to actually use your own.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 17:471 edit
    I enjoy the all the different takes from the atheist and theist and J-Dubs but the pointless arguments at times can wear

😉

Manny
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 18:32
    Maybe we need a Love Forum.

The Instructor
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 20:32
    Originally posted by JS357
    When I look inside myself for a belief that matches claims that depend on the existence of deity, I don't find them. I may someday have them (or find them wherever they have been hiding).
    Seconded.

One point I like to make in discussions with believers in personal deities is that if the believer has to resort to, "He refuses to be tested. He wants you to take his existence on faith," they are very likely barking up a wrong tree, just as surely as those who buy into magic healing crystals or astrology or psychic readings are doing.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 21:16
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    No. Most other forum sites are afraid to even allow these topics to be discussed.
    I've not looked, but what you say is as I suspected.
  11. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    09 Jun '13 03:27
    This Spiritual Fourm would be nice for friendly discussions, if we could rid ourselves of the atheists, evilutionists, and Satan following non-Christians.

The Instructor
    since when was jesus afraid of a discussion?

he spoke to anyone, and everyone...
    if he was only around for 'friendly discussions' then he wouldn't be as great as he was/is
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jun '13 03:42
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    Seconded.

One point I like to make in discussions with believers in personal deities is that if the believer has to resort to, "He refuses to be tested. He wants you to take his existence on faith," they are very likely barking up a wrong tree, just as surely as those who buy into magic healing crystals or astrology or psychic readings are doing.
    I disagree. If you nullify Faith as a real reason people follow a religion or believe in a deity, then you are severely limiting free thought here. I maintain that no one can prove or disprove God. The Christian faith among others is based on faith. If you're going to nullify Faith, then you may as well ban us from posting here.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about merely "poo-poo"ing the idea of faith. We've had to deal with this opinion from people since the beginning. But thinking that people whose faith is central to their belief system are just nut-jobs is counter-productive, at minimum, and bigoted, at worst.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jun '13 03:44
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I've not looked, but what you say is as I suspected.
    Yes, well, that's why I'm here and not there, in those forums. Freedom of speech is an amazing and valuable thing.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jun '13 03:52
    Originally posted by sonship
    I agree with those complaining about the anarchy of this forum.
    Some Christians are an embarrassment to me here at times.
    Rude atheist trolls I expect to act as they do.

I also make mistakes and poor posts.
    A certain amount of anarchy is necessary. It allows one to post what they believe without fear of being stifled. I've never trusted the 'mob mentality', where the majority opinion is the only one tolerated.

"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." If we're not allowed to see their fruits, their true opinions, how are we to know them?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '13 04:24
    Originally posted by empovsun
    since when was jesus afraid of a discussion?

he spoke to anyone, and everyone...
    if he was only around for 'friendly discussions' then he wouldn't be as great as he was/is
    Maybe that is why I am not that great.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree