1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 May '13 17:17
    Is there a better on-line forum for the friendly discussion of spiritual and philosophical issues, that anyone here is aware of?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 May '13 18:00
    Originally posted by JS357
    Is there a better on-line forum for the friendly discussion of spiritual and philosophical issues, that anyone here is aware of?
    This Spiritual Fourm would be nice for friendly discussions, if we could rid ourselves of the atheists, evilutionists, and Satan following non-Christians.

The Instructor
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '13 18:131 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This Spiritual Fourm would be nice for friendly discussions, if we could rid ourselves of the atheists, evilutionists, and Satan following non-Christians.

The Instructor
    when do you leave ? cya
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 May '13 19:242 edits
    Try Evolution Verses Creation - www.evcforum.net

It is more strictly moderated. There are suspensions. There is insistence of moderators to stay on topic. And you have to have approval before creating new threads.

Aside from those characteristics discussion is about as pointed as here.
    I stay in the Bible Study Room for the most part.
    But they have many other rooms.

I think it is www.evcforum.net
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 May '13 19:333 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    Try [b]Evolution Verses Creation - www.evcforum.net

It is more strictly moderated. There are suspensions. There is insistence of moderators to stay on topic. And you have to have approval before creating new threads.

I think it is www.evcforum.net[/b]
    Oh, and for some of the hard core debaters of all types there are the Forums on CARM.
    Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

www.carm.org

If you stay on the good side of Matt Slick the owner you can write pretty much whatever you wish if it is well reasoned and reasonably respectful.

Trolls are out

Good arguments of all kinds are welcomed.

If you get on the bad side of the director you're out.
    Following the rules keeps you on his good side.
    Atheists and Skeptics of all kinds are welcomed.

He closed down the room for Universalism though.
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    26 May '13 20:48
    In order to have a good debate you must have good opposing views.
    I think that's fine so long as what you have is not personally insulting.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 May '13 21:17
    Originally posted by sonship
    Try [b]Evolution Verses Creation - www.evcforum.net

I think it is www.evcforum.net[/b]
    youve been playing away from home!!!! getting your debate needs elsewhere!!!! who is he!!! is it still going on!!!! why sonship,why!!!! is it because we were net debating as often as you needed? i cant look at you right now.....sleep on the sofa tonight. i dont want you touching me.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 May '13 21:29
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    youve been playing away from home!!!! getting your debate needs elsewhere!!!! who is he!!! is it still going on!!!! why sonship,why!!!! is it because we were net debating as often as you needed? i cant look at you right now.....sleep on the sofa tonight. i dont want you touching me.
    I am the loyal one that you seek.

The Instructor
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 May '13 22:44
    on the internet? fat chance.

try idebate.org though. they seem better regulated.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 May '13 23:12
    Thanks to those who suggested alternative sites.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 May '13 23:41
    Thanks to those who suggested alternative sites.
    Happy hunting. 😏

The Instructor
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 May '13 23:461 edit
    Carm.org
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 May '13 00:175 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Carm.org
    You and sonship both recommended carm. I have looked at it and it seems to present balanced and conventional Christian views (albeit non-JW, non-RCC, non-LDS). It is well annotated, for example it references documents of the RCC when it discusses the RCC position on Mary. If I am in discussions on the tenets of Christianity it will be a resource for me.

Over the past 20 years or so my non-belief in deity has moderated into a stand-alone position that does not rely on "proofs" of any particular claims about deity. Instead it simply reports on the results of introspection. When I look inside myself for a belief that matches claims that depend on the existence of deity, I don't find them. I may someday have them (or find them wherever they have been hiding🙂). But till then, I will look to sources like carm and their non-theistic counterparts. I don't think the more fervent (rabid?) posters on this forum are going to be a source of inspiration toward faith. If anything, I find them to be bad examples of theism and I will avoid them. Some here on both sides seem to be "damaged goods".
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    27 May '13 00:57
    No. Most other forum sites are afraid to even allow these topics to be discussed.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    27 May '13 12:52
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Carm.org
    Thanks Rbhill, I will look into this myself as I myself am looking for something a little more ... substantial in the way of the faith.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree