1. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 00:563 edits
    For all that believe in the bible, would we all agree this is a bible truth?

Jesus is the "son" of god?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 02:182 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75

JESUS IS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

(John 1:1,14,18 NKJV)

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

(John 3:16 NKJV)

In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.

(1 John 4:9 NKJV)

He is the image of the invisible God... For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

(Colossians 1:15,19-20 NKJV)

Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

(Colossians 2:8-10 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 02:221 edit

Yes, the fact that the Risen Christ Jesus is the Unique Son of God (perfect and impeccable
    humanity and undiminished deity in one person forever) is an indisputable biblical truth.

Note: "Unique" as in the Uniquely Born (Begotten) Son of God.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 02:36
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Yes, the fact that the Risen Christ Jesus is the Unique Son of God (perfect and impeccable
    humanity and undiminished deity in one person forever) is an indisputable biblical truth.

Note: "Unique" as in the Uniquely Born (Begotten) Son of God.
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
    Justified in the Spirit,
    Seen by angels,
    Preached among the Gentiles,
    Believed on in the world,
    Received up in glory.

(1 Timothy 3:16 NKJV)
  5. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 13:49
    So a simple question..Why is he called the "son" of God?
  6. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 13:531 edit

Why do you ask a question when you will remain essentially as ignorant after it is answered as before ?

You know you have no intention of receiving an answer, none whatsoever.
  7. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 15:07
    Isn't Jesus called over 200 names in the bible? Are they all literal names? No. So why should this one be, too?
  8. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 15:081 edit
    I mean, how can Jesus be a man, a god, a lion, a rose, and greek letters all at the same time?
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 15:18
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    I mean, how can Jesus be a man, a god, a lion, a rose, and greek letters all at the same time?
    The same way the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy exist.
  10. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 15:241 edit
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Phranny are you incapable of showing intellectual integrity?

Greg Koukle on the Flying Spaghetti Monster:

YouTube
  11. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 15:31
    Originally posted by Phranny
    That's another trinity. All three of those exist as one person - me.
  12. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 15:371 edit
    Originally posted by sonship

Why do you ask a question when you will remain essentially as ignorant after it is answered as before ?

You know you have no intention of receiving an answer, none whatsoever.
    If I were not looking for an answer and discussion I would not have posted these questions.
    If you have no respect for postings that anyone does then stay off the forums, and if you have no respect for mine that is your decision but stay off mine as I would not say anything like you just did on to yours.
  13. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 15:40
    If I were not looking for an answer and discussion I would not have posted these questions.
    If you have no respect for postings that anyone does then stay off the forums, and if you have no respect for mine that is your decision but stay off mine as I would not say anything like you just did on to yours.
    Feel free to rebut my post.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 15:59
    "One indication arrogance rather than humility dominates is how and when people speak the real truth. People who use anger, bitterness, or feeling offended as fuel to speak the real truth are arrogant not humble. They are more concerned for themselves than others." ["15 Ways to tell if someone is Arrogant or Humble": thread, same page as "A bible truth?"]
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 15:59

Yes, assuredly.