1. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 16:39
    Originally posted by galveston75
    For all that believe in the bible, would we all agree this is a bible truth?

Jesus is the "son" of god?
    Do you ( Galveston 75 ) believe that Jesus is the son of God?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 17:48

Correct. He is also 1 of the 2 saviours of the Jehovah's Witness religion.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 18:50
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Completely but as the Bible says "the son", not the "Father" Almighty God Jehovah.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 21:092 edits
    If I were not looking for an answer and discussion I would not have posted these questions.
    If you have no respect for postings that anyone does then stay off the forums, and if you have no respect for mine that is your decision but stay off mine as I would not say anything like you just did on to yours.
    You may feel innocent and unjustly criticized. But as far as you and I are concerned in the respect arena, you have reaped what you have sowed.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 22:01
    Originally posted by sonship
    You may feel innocent and unjustly criticized. But as far as you and I are concerned in the respect arena, you have reaped what you have sowed.
    You know I could say the same about you couldn't I? But I'll pass and you should do the same.
    PS. I'm not posting to futher my respect numbers. Only here to speak of the Bible and the messages it has for all that would listen.
    You are one who does not want that so go do something else...
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 02:19
    Completely but as the Bible says "the son", not the "Father" Almighty God Jehovah.
    But your idea of Jesus as "the son" is different from the Christian idea of "the Son" as a person with the "Father" and the "Holy Spirit" in the Trinity of God.

The Instructor
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 02:391 edit
    Sadly, my sentiments as well.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 05:24
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    He is also called and called Himself The Son of Man

Manny
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 05:51
    Originally posted by menace71
    He is also called and called Himself The Son of Man

Manny
    And He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.”

(Mark 2:27-28 NKJV)

When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”

So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”

Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

(Matthew 16:13-17 NKJV)

So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

(Matthew 19:28 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 06:53

Jesus is the "Son" of "God" the word "god" is not meant for the one and
    only God. I believe you'll find "Son of God" and "Son of Man" are also
    highlighted as something more than "son of god" or "son of man".
    Kelly
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 19:55
    Phranny are you incapable of showing intellectual integrity?

Greg Koukle on the Flying Spaghetti Monster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHBUNsShDQ
    I think he forgot that FSM generally appears when theists claim that you can't prove god doesn't exist. 🙂
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 20:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But your idea of Jesus as "the son" is different from the Christian idea of "the Son" as a person with the "Father" and the "Holy Spirit" in the Trinity of God.

The Instructor
    This is the "son" I'm referring too which is referring to Jesus before he came to earth.

Jehovah God has many angelic sons. Jesus, however, is unique. He referred to himself as “the only-begotten Son of God".

John 3:18

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

18 “He that believeth in Him is not condemned; but He that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God, ( Jesus ).

"That expression "begotten" means that Jesus is the sole direct creation of God. The only-begotten Son is the one through whom God created all other things.

Jeses was not referred to as a "son of man" until his birth from a human. Before this he was called the "son of God".

The holy spirit has never been called a "son" of God" ever. Why not? I have asked this over and over for the years we have been discussing this and no one has ever responded to this question....
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 20:31
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

I think he forgot that FSM generally appears when theists claim that you can't prove god doesn't exist. 🙂
    About FSMusashi

Last Moved 02 Jan '08
    [Last moved 1990 days 7 hours and 11 minutes ago]
    Subscriber No
    Joined 16 Feb 2005
    Move Freq. Every few days

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree