1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '13 01:51
    Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

http://srilaprabhupada.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._C._Bhaktivedanta_Swami_Prabhupada

Abhay Charanaravinda Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada (Died 14 November 1977) was a Gaudiya Vaishnava teacher and the founder-acharya of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, commonly known as the "Hare Krishna Movement". His mission was to propagate Gaudiya Vaishnavism, a form of Hinduism (a term which Bhaktivedanta Swami frequently denied) that had been taught to him by his guru, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, throughout the world.

A bonafide spiritual master according to Dasa.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '13 01:571 edit
    Bhaktivedanta Swami considered Moses, Jesus, and Mohamed to be empowered representatives of God, describing them within his writings as pioneers of the same essential message of dedication to God with love and devotion.

"Actually, it doesn't matter – Krishna or Christ – the name is the same. The main point is to follow the injunctions of the Vedic scriptures that recommend chanting the name of God in this age."

Other typical expression presents a different perspective, where Bhaktivedanta Swami would point out that "today I may be a Hindu, but tomorrow I may become a Christian or Muslim. In this way faiths can be changed, but dharma" is a natural sequence, a natural occupation or a connection and it can not be changed, because it is permanent, according to him. While ISKCON theology of personal god is close to Christian theology, both personal and monotheistic, being a preacher of bhakti and a missionary he sometimes would add, that "already many Christians have tasted the nectar of divine love of the holy name and are dancing with karatalas (hand-cymbals) and mridangas (drums)." Bhaktivedanta Swami's approach to modern knowledge is also seen in sectarian Orthodox Judaism, where the skills and technical knowledge of modernity are encouraged, but the values rejected. Bhaktivedanta Swami stated "devotees should not be lazy, idle...we are not afraid to work. Whatever our engagement is, by offering the result to Krishna we become Krishna conscious".

P.S. Does he really mean Mohammed, the false prophet of Islam. I consider him a representative of Satan the devil.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '13 05:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    A bonafide spiritual master according to Dasa.
    And you claim Edward Current "refutes atheism".
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '13 08:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And you claim Edward Current "refutes atheism".
    Well, duh, didn't he? I could not have done it funnier. Duh! And I am a redneck. 😏
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '13 19:56
    Duh! And I am a redneck.
    Dickhead more like.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Jan '13 23:57
    bona fide
    two words for christ's sake!
    😠
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 01:461 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    bona fide
    two words for christ's sake!
    😠
    It can be represented as one word and a hyphenated word also.

bonafide
    also: bona-fide

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bonafide

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bonafide
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 03:44
    It can be represented as one word and a hyphenated word also.

bonafide
    also: bona-fide

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bonafide

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bonafide
    You are a complete IDIOT.

dictionary.reference.com is not a respected dictionary and if you {b}look[/b]
    at the reference properly you will see all the examples use bona fide

urbandictionary is not a dictionary. It is just a collection of what people
    (mainly dimwits like yourself) think words mean.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 04:141 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You are a complete IDIOT.

dictionary.reference.com is not a respected dictionary and if you {b}look

at the reference properly you will see all the examples use bona fide

urbandictionary is not a dictionary. It is just a collection of what people
    (mainly dimwits like yourself) think words mean.[/b]
    We rednecks have our own dictionary, too.

BARD - verb. Past tense of the infinitive "to borrow."
    Usage: "My brother bard my pickup truck."

JAWJUH - noun. A highly flammable state just north of Florida.
    Usage: "My brother from Jawjah bard my pickup truck."

MUNTS - noun. A calendar division.
    Usage: "My brother from Jawjuh bard my pickup truck, and I aint herd from him in munts."

IGNERT - adjective. Not smart. See "Auburn Alumni."
    Usage: "Them N-C-TWO-A boys sure are ignert!"

RANCH - noun. A tool.
    Usage: "I think I left my ranch in the back of that pickup truck my brother from Jawjuh
    bard a few munts ago."

ALL - noun. A petroleum-based lubricant.
    Usage: "I sure hope my brother from Jawjuh puts all in my pickup truck."

FAR - noun. A conflagration.
    Usage: "If my brother from Jawjuh doesn't change the all in my pickup truck, that things
    gonna catch far."

BAHS - noun. A supervisor.
    Usage: "If you don't stop reading these Southern words and git back to work, your bahs is
    gonna far you!"

TAR - noun. A rubber wheel.
    Usage: "Gee, I hope that brother of mine from Jawjuh doesn't git a flat tar in my pickup
    truck."

TIRE - noun. A tall monument.
    Usage: "Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, I sure do hope to see that Eiffel Tire in
    Paris sometime."

HOT - noun. A blood-pumping organ.
    HOD - adverb. Not easy.
    Usage: "A broken hot is hod to fix."

RETARD - Verb. To stop working.
    Usage: "My granpaw retard at age 65."

TARRED - adverb. Exhausted.
    Usage: "I just flew in from Hot-lanta, and boy my arms are tarred."

RATS - noun. Entitled power or privilege.
    Usage: "We Southerners are willing to fight for out rats."

LOT - adjective. Luminescent.
    Usage: "I dream of Jeanie in the lot-brown hair."

FARN - adjective. Not local.
    Usage: "I cudnt unnerstand a wurd he sed ... must be from some farn country."

DID - adjective. Not alive.
    Usage: "He's did, Jim."

EAR - noun. A colorless, odorless gas (unless you are in LA).
    Usage: "He can't breathe ... give 'em some ear!"

BOB WAR - noun. A sharp, twisted cable.
    Usage: "Boy, stay away from that bob war fence."

JU-HERE - a question.
    Usage: "Juhere that former Dallas Cowboys' coach Jimmy Johnson recently toured the
    University of Alabama?"

HAZE - a contraction.
    Usage: "Is Bubba smart?" "Nah ... haze ignert."

SEED - verb, past tense.
    VIEW - contraction: verb and pronoun.
    Usage: "I ain't never seed New York City ... view?"

HEAVY DEW - phrase. A request for action.
    Usage: "Kin I heavy dew me a favor?"

GUMMIT - Noun. An often-closed bureaucratic institution.
    Usage: "Great ... ANOTHER gummit shutdown!

Ah: The thing you see with, and the personal pronoun used denoting individuality. "Ah think Ah've got somethin' in mah ah."

Ast: To interrogate or inquire, as when a revenue agent seeks information about illegal moonshine stills. "Don't ast me so many question. It makes me mad."

Attair: Contraction used to indicate the specific item desire. "Pass me attair gravy, please"

Awl: An amber fluid used to lubricate engines. "Ah like attair car, but it sure does take a lot of awl."

Bawl: What water does at 212 degrees Fahrenheit. "That gal cain't even bawl water without burnin' it."

Bleeve: Expression of intent or faith. "Ah bleeve we ought to go to church this Sunday."

Cent: Plural of cent. "You paid five dollars for that necktie? Ah wouldn't give fiddy cent for it."

Co-cola: The soft drink that started in Atlanta and conquered the world. "Ah hear they even sell Co-cola in Russia."

Cyst: To render aid. "Can Ah cyst you with those packages, ma'am."

Dayum: A cuss word Rhett Butler used in "Gone With the Wind." "Frankly,my dear, I don't give a dayum."

Everwhichaways: To be scattered in all directions. "You should have been there when the train hit attair chicken truck. Them chickens flew everwhichaways.

Far: A state of combustion that produces heat and light. "Ah reckon it's about time to put out the far and call in the dawgs."

Flares: The colorful, sweet-smelling part of a plant. "If yo wife's mad at ya, it's smart to take her some flares."

Fur: Measure of distance. "It's a fur piece ta Etlanna."

Fur: Because of or to indicate possession. "Fur yew ta get attair new car yew gotta go see Bubba bout a loan."

Good ole boy: Any Southern male between age 16 and 60 who has an amiable disposition and is fond of boon companions, strong drink, hound dawgs, fishin', huntin', and good lookin' women, but
    not necessarily in that order. " Bubba's a good ole boy."

Griyuts: What no Southern breakfast would be without - grits. "Ah like griyuts with butter and sawt on'em, but Ah purely love'em with red-eye gravy."

Hale: Where General Sherman is going for what he did to Etlanna. (Atlanta) "General Sherman said "War is Hale" and he made sure it was."

Hep: to aid or benefit. "Ah can't hep it if Ah'm still in love with you."

Idinit: Term employed by genteel Southerners to avoid saying Ain't. "Mighty hot today, idinit?"

Jew: Did you. "Jew want to buy attair comic book, son, or just stand there and read it here?"

Kumpny: Guests. "Be home on time. We's havin' kumpny for supper."

Law: Police, or as Southerners pronounce it, PO-leece. "We better get outta here. That bartender's doen called the law."

Likker: Whiskey; either the amber kind bought in stores or the homemade white kind that federal authorities frown upon." Does he drink? Listen, he spills more likker than most people drink.'

Mash: To press, as in the case of an elevator button. "Want me to mash yo floor for you, Ma'am?"

Muchablige: Thank you. "muchablige for the lift, mister."

Nawthun: Anything that is not Southern. "He is a classic product of the superior Nawthun educational system." (sarcasm)

Ovair: In that direction. 'Where's yo paw, son?" He's ovair, suh."

Phraisin: Very cold. "Shut that door. It's phraisin in here."

Plum: Completely. "Ah'm plum wore out."

Retch: To grasp for. "The right feilder retch over into the stands and caught the ball."

Saar: The opposite of sweet. "These pickles Sure are saar."

Shovelay: A GM car. "Nobody could drive a Shovelay like Junior Johnson."

Sinner: Exact middle of. "Have you been to the new shoppin' sinner."

Sugar: A kiss. "Come here and give me some sugar."

Tarred: Fatigued. "Ah'm too tarred to go bowlin' nonight."

Tar Arns: A tool employed in changing wheels. "You cain't change a tar without a tar arn."

Uhmurkin: Someone who lives int he United States of Uhmurka. "Thomas Jefferson was a great Uhmurkin."

War: Metal strands attached to posts to enclose domestic animals. "Be careful and don't get stuck on that bob war."

Whup: To beat or to strike. "OOOEEE!!! Yer mama's gonna whup you fer sayin' a cuss word."

Yankee shot: A Southern child's navel. "Momma, what's this on mah belly?" "That's yo Yankee Shot." Zat: Is that. "Zat yo dawg?"

BARD - verb. Past tense of the infinitive "to borrow."

Usage: "My brother bard my pickup truck."

JAWJUH - noun. A highly flammable state just north of Florida.

Usage: "My brother from Jawjah bard my pickup truck."

MUNTS - noun. A calendar division.

Usage: "My brother from Jawjuh bard my pickup truck, and I aint herd from him in munts."

IGNERT - adjective. Not smart. See "Auburn Alumni."

Usage: "Them N-C-TWO-A boys sure are ignert!"

RANCH - noun. A tool.

Usage: "I think I left my ranch in the back of that pickup truck my brother from Jawjuh bard a few munts ago."

ALL - noun. A petroleum-based lubricant.

Usage: "I sure hope my brother from Jawjuh puts all in my pickup truck."

FAR - noun. A conflagration.

Usage: "If my brother from Jawjuh doesn't change the all in my pickup truck, that things gonna catch far."

BAHS - noun. A supervisor.

Usage: "If you don't stop reading these Southern words and git back to work, your bahs is gonna far you!"

TAR - noun. A rubber wheel.

Usage: "Gee, I hope that brother of mine from Jawjuh doesn't git a flat tar in my pickup truck."

TIRE - noun. A tall monument.

Usage: "Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, I sure do hope to see that Eifel Tire in Paris sometime."

HOT - noun. A blood-pumping organ.

HOD - adverb. Not easy.

Usage: "A broken hot is hod to fix."

RETARD - Verb. To stop working.

Usage: "My granpaw retard at age 65."

TARRED - adverb. Exhausted.

Usage: "I just flew in from Hot-lanta, and boy my arms are tarred."

RATS - noun. Entitled power or privilege.

Usage: "We Southerners are willing to fight for our rats." (Today's Southern Word comes from a school teacher in America's southern most state: Hawaii. As part of her class's study of the "War of Northern Aggression" (known to Yankees as the "Civil War"😉, she showed her class the movie Gettysburg. The students wondered why the Confederacy was fighting for their "rats." The answer, of course, is obvious: Southerners have very friendly rats ... in fact, you could almost say that we have some downright civil rats.)

LOT - adjective. Luminescent.

Usage: "I dream of Jeanie in the lot-brown hair."

FARN - adjective. Not local.

Usage: "I cudnt unnerstand a wurd he sed ... must be from some farn country."

DID - adjective. Not alive.

Usage: "He's did, Jim."

EAR - noun. A colorless, odorless gas (unless you are in LA).

Usage: "He can't breathe ... give 'em some ear!"

BOB WAR - noun. A sharp, twisted cable.

Cole's Law: Thinly shredded cabbage

http://books.google.com/books/about/Jeff_Foxworthy_s_Redneck_Dictionary_II.html?id=uf81QDG8CboC
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 07:28
    We rednecks have our own dictionary, too....
    😴

If anyone was interested they would google it themselves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree