1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 12:21
    As a Christian, I'm sad to see the direction many other Christians are taking (especially in America). Many Christians today have become too arrogent and judgemental. Non Christians are justified in feeling threatened and repulsed by this behavior. The Bible clearly states: Judge not, lest you be judged. For centuries those in power have used the name of Christ to justify many horrible deeds. It is my hope that non Christians can see past this stupid and arrogent behavior, and realize that Christ's message of salvation, faith, humility, and love of one's fellow humans are frequently not what today's Christians are practicing.
    😏
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 13:31
    Originally posted by bill718
    As a Christian, I'm sad to see the direction many other Christians are taking (especially in America).
    That is rather judgmental of you, is it not?
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 04:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That is rather judgmental of you, is it not?
    Very clever!...but I'd like to think I'm being factual.
    😏
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 04:23
    As a Christian, I'm sad to see the direction many other Christians are taking (especially in America). Many Christians today have become too arrogent and judgemental. Non Christians are justified in feeling threatened and repulsed by this behavior. The Bible clearly states: Judge not, lest you be judged. For centuries those in power have used the name of Chr ...[text shortened]... d love of one's fellow humans are frequently not what today's Christians are practicing.
    😏
    πŸ˜‰πŸ™‚
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 07:30
    Very clever!...but I'd like to think I'm being factual.
    😏
    Everybody who is judgmental thinks they are being factual. The problem here is that you are telling everyone else that they should not do something, yet you are setting a bad example.
  6. Illinois
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 08:28
    As a Christian, I'm sad to see the direction many other Christians are taking (especially in America). Many Christians today have become too arrogent and judgemental. Non Christians are justified in feeling threatened and repulsed by this behavior. The Bible clearly states: Judge not, lest you be judged. For centuries those in power have used the name of Chr ...[text shortened]... d love of one's fellow humans are frequently not what today's Christians are practicing.
    😏
    Well said!
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 11:12
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Well said!
    No it wasn't. He told people to stop being judgmental then proceeded to be judgmental by accusing them of stupid an arrogant behavior.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 11:181 edit
    I do not see the Bible telling Christians flat out never to judge.

I do see a warning that with the judgement a Christian judges he also will be judged.

This is slightly different from "Thou shalt not ever judge."

This is a teaching warning that "You will be examined by God with the same strictness with which you examine others."

"Judge not that YOU be not judged."

Therefore "Blessed are the merciful. For they shall obtain mercy."

Saying that Christians are never to judge would render much of the New Testament nonsensical.
  9. Illinois
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 03:44
    No it wasn't. He told people to stop being judgmental then proceeded to be judgmental by accusing them of stupid an arrogant behavior.
    I see your point. I just don't agree that it's relevant.
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 06:11
    I see your point. I just don't agree that it's relevant.
    How could you ever agree with someone invaded by the spirit of the AntichristπŸ™‚
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 06:13
    Everybody who is judgmental thinks they are being factual. The problem here is that you are telling everyone else that they should not do something, yet you are setting a bad example.
    I'm not reading that at all. I'm reading someone's opinion regarding an observation. You may or may not agree with the observation; that's certainly up to you. Nowhere in the post, however, am I reading anything to indicate that a command, a "...you are telling everyone else they should not do something..." - I'm not seeing that at all. I read a post of wishing for less conflict, of remorse that conditions seem to the observer to be worse than perhaps they could be.

Yeah, I read it again. Still not seeing the 'telling everyone else they should not do something' part.
  12. Illinois
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 10:12
    Originally posted by black beetle
    How could you ever agree with someone invaded by the spirit of the AntichristπŸ™‚
    Is there something you'd like to talk with me about, black beetle ol' pal?
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 10:23
    Is there something you'd like to talk with me about, black beetle ol' pal?
    Hey epi, don't you remember the amazing 1J 4:2-3, which goes like this:

-- "By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world".

Obviously in your opinion thwitehead is invaded by the spirit of the Antichrist;

πŸ˜€
  14. Illinois
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 10:36
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Hey epi, don't you remember the amazing 1J 4:2-3, which goes like this:

-- "By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was ...[text shortened]... ".

Obviously in your opinion thwitehead is invaded by the spirit of the Antichrist;

πŸ˜€
    Yeah, so?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 10:45
    😏
    It's like I always say, if you don't agree with my theology it does not mean I don't like you, rather, it just means your not perfect. πŸ˜›

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree