1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 11:33
    Originally posted by Badwater
    What religions do those symbols belong to?
    Methinks the Hammer and the Sickle are the symbols of the religious atheists known as communists, my friend Kazoe🙂

The Indian swastika has been exhumed from the lowest foundations of the ancient site of Troy and it appears on Etruscan and Chaldean relics. It is known also as “Jaina cross” and “Heart’s Seal” and it is considered the originator of Vitality and Intelligence. We spot swastikas in India, China, Tibet and Thailand amongst else, and also at carvings and relics of ancient Germanic nations that they were naming the symbol “Thor’s Hammer”.
    Swastika is common among Bonpas and Buddhists, it ‘s the symbol of esoteric Buddhism and also the mark of all deities worshipped by the Chinese Lotus School
    😵
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 11:48
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Reminds me of that Lennon line, 'God is a concept by which we measure our pain'.

I'm just pointing out that you're using 'barbarous' anachronistically. Xtianity was largely a Hellenistic affair, philosophically, not something dreamt up by barbarians (although the Ostrogoths were Arians, just like Newton). So 'cruel' is more fitting, and cutting, I ...[text shortened]... Christianity, the religion in which God tortures himself to relieve his sense of guilt.
    Are there still non-Greeks who confine the meaning of 'barbarian' as meaning 'non-Greek?'
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 11:54
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Are there still non-Greeks who confine the meaning of 'barbarian' as meaning 'non-Greek?'
    I think the barbaric/civilised opposition still pertains, so it's wrong to say that Christianity was the brainchild of the uncivilised.

Clean up your act, man!
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 12:54
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The swastika has a long, long history predating Nazism by at least 3,000yrs.
    yet now it stands for hitlerism. ask anyone on the street 99% will tell you that. which proves my point that symbols have what meaning you assign them.
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 13:05
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yet now it stands for hitlerism. ask anyone on the street 99% will tell you that. which proves my point that symbols have what meaning you assign them.
    An ignorant person will definately claim that the swastika is associated merely with the nazism, but for the Bhuddists around the dial this is not the case at all😵
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 22:20
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Methinks the Hammer and the Sickle are the symbols of the religious atheists known as communists, my friend Kazoe🙂

The Indian swastika has been exhumed from the lowest foundations of the ancient site of Troy and it appears on Etruscan and Chaldean relics. It is known also as “Jaina cross” and “Heart’s Seal” and it is considered the originator of Vit ...[text shortened]... of esoteric Buddhism and also the mark of all deities worshipped by the Chinese Lotus School
    😵
    Ah yes, those naughty little religious athiests! I should have known.

Thank you for your keen insight, my dear bb!
  7. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 22:51
    Probably 99% of people in Europe, but it is regularly used in India and Tibet without any Nazi connection whatsoever.
  8. Joined
    17 Apr '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 23:222 edits
    Chiricahua Apache's used the swastika before WWII in pottery to represent the direction of the four winds that the Creator gifted us. In some of the pottery the swastika was behind the Thunderbird to where it appeared the swastika was coming from the Thunderbirds wings and body. The Thunderbird was the Creator giving life to the crop and people through the elements (seasons) that came from the four winds. It was also a symbol of healing. The Kachina Dancers of the Hopi used ( and use) the swastika to represent the "Eye of God". The swastika to the Navajo, represented a whirling log ( tsil no'oli' ), a sacred image representing a legend that was used in healing rituals."

Due to WWII the Tribes met with Code Talker and other Vets that survived the war, and decided to no longer use the swastika in any blankets, pottery from that point on. That was honored to a point.. If any use of the swastika was used there would need to be an explanation of why it is being used and the meaning of it. It is still counted Taboo if you do not honor the Elders in this manner. Most Tribes simply refuse to use it at all anymore. (The swatika it is not allowed in pottery or art to this day)

Kachina dancers ( if you have the honor of being invited to see it) will still use the swastika in their dancing, the Whip ( lead man in a pow wow ring or dance) will make great efforts to explain the meaning of this to the people attending that may not be Indigenous or simply do not know.

In fact recently on "antique road show" a gentleman had a Navajo blanket that was after WWII with a swastika done in the weaving. This is taboo for the weaver to do this anymore. It is now considered an insult to the elders that are survivors and those who walked over that where part of the Code Talkers and any that served during that time. ( BTW the Blanket was bought from the man by the Smithsonian, if I recall correctly for $175,000) So any item with the swastika from Indigenous Americans is Valuable the appraiser on the Antique Road Show and man from the Smithsonian said pre WWII would be historical and priceless. While they on the very rare occasion get the post WWII items they will bring in a higher price, cause it is considered Taboo to use the swastika anymore in art of any form. ( Baskets, pottery blankets and so on..)

Just a bit of what I know..

I come from two backgrounds Chiricahua Apache and German Jew. My mom survived the Holocaust camps . I have knowledge of the Shaman ways of the Chiricahua, some elder shaman will use the swastika for healing circles. Of course I do not use the symbol in honor of my Elders and my relatives that died in the Holocaust.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 06:44
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Ah yes, those naughty little religious athiests! I should have known.

Thank you for your keen insight, my dear bb!
    Have a good time too my friend😵
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 06:47
    Originally posted by lostapache
    Chiricahua Apache's used the swastika before WWII in pottery to represent the direction of the four winds that the Creator gifted us. In some of the pottery the swastika was behind the Thunderbird to where it appeared the swastika was coming from the Thunderbirds wings and body. The Thunderbird was the Creator giving life to the crop and people through t ...[text shortened]... do not use the symbol in honor of my Elders and my relatives that died in the Holocaust.
    Oh, this is all too valuable and opens to me a new horizon; I thank you, lostapache, and I have already a PM sent to you😵
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 08:28
    An ignorant person will definately claim that the swastika is associated merely with the nazism, but for the Bhuddists around the dial this is not the case at all😵
    but the "ignorant majority" makes the symbol. the "ignorant majority" is forced to remember inevitably the nice guy that was hitler.

that is how the symbols work.

just go to a large homosexual man smoking. tell him you hate "fags". and while he is kicking the crp out of you, try and call him an ignorant who doesn't know that "fag" is what the english call some cigarettes. see if that will make him stop bludgeoning you and apologise for his ignorance.
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 09:48
    but the "ignorant majority" makes the symbol. the "ignorant majority" is forced to remember inevitably the nice guy that was hitler.

that is how the symbols work.

just go to a large homosexual man smoking. tell him you hate "fags". and while he is kicking the crp out of you, try and call him an ignorant who doesn't know that "fag" is what the english ...[text shortened]... rettes. see if that will make him stop bludgeoning you and apologise for his ignorance.
    Nope my friend; we agree that the ignorants are able to take any symbol and to squeeze the hell out of it, but this means not that the symbol itself and its history is cancelled on the spot. We have the memory and the knowledge required in order to ensure that this will not happen.
    I am sure we agree that the swastika used by Hitler has nothing to do with the Bonpas' and Esoteric Buddhisms' swastika; this means that the ignorants should educate themselves, and not that the Bonpas and the Kachina dancers amongst else they have to quit using it for their rituals and their miscellaneous esoteric purposes
    😵
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 12:24
    Nope my friend; we agree that the ignorants are able to take any symbol and to squeeze the hell out of it, but this means not that the symbol itself and its history is cancelled on the spot. We have the memory and the knowledge required in order to ensure that this will not happen.
    I am sure we agree that the swastika used by Hitler has nothing to do w ...[text shortened]... lse they have to quit using it for their rituals and their miscellaneous esoteric purposes
    😵
    i didn't say they should quit anything. i just said that symbols have what meaning we assign them. put a svastika on somthing and a jew will feel offended. heck i will be offended and i am not a jew. i might understand if you mention what it means to you. or i might not. calling me or the jew an ignorant won't change how i feel, nor will it make you smart for having knowledge of the hidden meanings of the svastika.

the svastika brings memories of torture and pain. shame of being a human. and that is not going to change, nor should it ever.
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 13:55
    i didn't say they should quit anything. i just said that symbols have what meaning we assign them. put a svastika on somthing and a jew will feel offended. heck i will be offended and i am not a jew. i might understand if you mention what it means to you. or i might not. calling me or the jew an ignorant won't change how i feel, nor will it make you smart f ...[text shortened]... torture and pain. shame of being a human. and that is not going to change, nor should it ever.
    I see your point; I would be definately offended with a neonazis' swastika, however I never felt offended -and I will never be- with a Bonpa's or a Buddhists' swastika😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree