A 'Creator' vs. 'God'

A 'Creator' vs. 'God'

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
08 Jul 15

It is my current belief that I was created, that the earth and the universe was created. This belief is in conflict with atheists, but, I think it's because we humans have tried to put a 'name' (God/Jesus), to this creator, and a character to this 'creator' by what is written in the Bible.

I have had many current inner conflicts with the Bible, and the 'God/Jesus' that is portrayed in our Bible. This is of course coming from a Christian point of view.

Is it possible that everything was 'created' by something, or someone.....and we truly have NO idea who that is?

This attitude is from the point of view that our 'Bible' could be completely 'made-up', thus rendering Bible verses to be inadequate in a discussion. Realistically, the God/Jesus doctrine doesn't make sense at all. There are too, too many interpretations and disagreements among Christians themselves to give our Bible any credence. Will anybody admit that we were possibly 'created', but......we have NO idea who this 'Creator' really is?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Jul 15

Originally posted by chaney3
It is my current belief that I was created, that the earth and the universe was created. This belief is in conflict with atheists, but, I think it's because we humans have tried to put a 'name' (God/Jesus), to this creator, and a character to this 'creator' by what is written in the Bible.

I have had many current inner conflicts with the Bible, and the ' ...[text shortened]... dy admit that we were possibly 'created', but......we have NO idea who this 'Creator' really is?
We could have been created by very intelligent aliens.

No conflict with atheism there.

c

Moves
08 Jul 15

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
We could have been created by very intelligent aliens.

No conflict with atheism there.
Yes, there is a problem. If we were created by aliens, then we would have been created. Atheists believe we were just evolved from nothing, in a swamp. Get your facts straight dog.

Moves
08 Jul 15

Yes, there is a problem. If we were created by aliens, then we would have been created. Atheists believe we were just evolved from nothing, in a swamp. Get your facts straight dog.
Who are you to tell atheists what they believe, when by definition they are defined only by what they do not believe?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Jul 15

I have had many current inner conflicts with the Bible, and the ' ...[text shortened]... dy admit that we were possibly 'created', but......we have NO idea who this 'Creator' really is?
So you believe the Creator did not want us to know how we were created?

c

Moves
08 Jul 15

Originally posted by JS357
Who are you to tell atheists what they believe, when by definition they are defined only by what they do not believe?
Atheists do not believe in a 'God'. I think that some atheists believe in a 'creator' that does not limit them to Biblical belief.

c

Moves
08 Jul 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
So you believe the Creator did not want us to know how we were created?
I believe that our creator may not be the God in the Bible. If so, the Adam and Eve story and all sin.........leading up to Jesus Christ is false. We may not have a clue who our creator is.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Jul 15
1 edit

Atheists do not believe in a 'God'. I think that some atheists believe in a 'creator' that does not limit them to Biblical belief.
You must be referring to Richard Dawkins who wrote the book called "The God Delusion." He has admitted that aliens from another world may have been the creators, but defintely not the God of the Holy Bible.

Moves
08 Jul 15

At least you are broad minded, thanks for that.

Moves
08 Jul 15

If you believe in a universe-creating god of some kind, but don't believe we know anything specific about this god (its intentions, personality, etc.), then you're a deist, not an atheist. As an atheist I can freely admit that there could exist such a god, but I don't believe it right now - what makes me an atheist.

Of course, a deist (at least as far as I know) believes that this god created the universe and then left it to its own devices, so if you believe that this god also intervenes, and specifically created the earth (and life), I don't really know what that makes you.

But it's all just labels anyway. It doesn't really matter, I suppose.

Moves
08 Jul 15

No, that's not what "atheists" automatically believe. That we evolved from simpler forms of life is what evolutionary scientists have discovered, some of whom are indeed atheists, but not all. I suspect you're talking about abiogenesis though, which is about how the first life formed through chemistry, which is also not necessarily an atheistic belief.

Moves
08 Jul 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
You must be referring to Richard Dawkins who wrote the book called "The God Delusion." He has admitted that aliens from another world may have been the creators, but defintely not the God of the Holy Bible.
The point he made was that this kind of question only leads to infinite regress. If aliens created us, who created them? If aliens created us, specifically, they must have evolved naturally, or have been created themselves. It's not an answer, let alone an atheistic one.

Moves
08 Jul 15
1 edit

Your opinion that the Bible lacks veracity, contains errors and does not represent your beliefs has been repeatedly and somewhat exhaustingly presented by yourself in this forum in recent weeks. What you have not done is present any evidence, or even a reasoned subjective argument, as to why you think you (humans) were created, by whom, when and how; nor what the impact this has your world view, your attitudes and indeed your behaviour online and in the 'real world'.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by C Hess
The point he made was that this kind of question only leads to infinite regress. If aliens created us, who created them? If aliens created us, specifically, they must have evolved naturally, or have been created themselves. It's not an answer, let alone an atheistic one.
Richard Dawkins admits to Intelligent Design

Here Frank Turek sums up the real problem facing Richard Dawkins.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jul 15

"Is it possible that everything was 'created' by something, or someone.....and we truly have NO idea who that is?"

Yes and no. Maybe you don't know who God/Jesus is, but that's your problem. Don't just assume that just because you don't know who God or Jesus is that someone else doesn't either.

"There are too, too many interpretations and disagreements among Christians themselves to give our Bible any credence."

That's your perspective! That fact is there's little disagreement among those that truly know and understand the Bible. Just because there is a contingent of "disbelievers", such as yourself that "disbelieve" the Word of God, that doesn't mean the Word of God isn't true.

And by the way, just exactly what are those things you seem to think divides the church that the Bible teaches? Rather than making moronic generalized statements why don't you cite an example or two of those things you seem to think Christians are in disagreement about!

1b]".., but......we have NO idea who this 'Creator' really is?"[/b]

YOU have no idea who the creator is! Speak for yourself.