1. SEMO
    Moves
    01 Aug '08 18:39
    I am having to cutback on my time on the computer because we are going through a hard time right now. I will still be able to do the sermon compition thing, but other than that I am not going to be able to do any other post for now. Hopefully I will be able to get back to posting soon. There is just other things we have to get done and I will not have much time. When things get settled down I will be back on, hopfully as strong as I have been.

I ask for prayer in this time. Thank you.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Aug '08 22:46
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    I am having to cutback on my time on the computer because we are going through a hard time right now. I will still be able to do the sermon compition thing, but other than that I am not going to be able to do any other post for now. Hopefully I will be able to get back to posting soon. There is just other things we have to get done and I will not have muc ...[text shortened]... will be back on, hopfully as strong as I have been.

That's what I should be doing, but I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'll keep pushing until I break. 😛
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 08:26
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's what I should be doing, but I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'll keep pushing until I break. 😛
    hey, you can sit back and pray for us sinners and pagans or you can suck it up and shine your light on us.

what would jesus do?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 14:37
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    I am having to cutback on my time on the computer because we are going through a hard time right now. I will still be able to do the sermon compition thing, but other than that I am not going to be able to do any other post for now. Hopefully I will be able to get back to posting soon. There is just other things we have to get done and I will not have muc ...[text shortened]... will be back on, hopfully as strong as I have been.

why do some people insist on letting everyone know they will not be around anymore? maybe you have friends that you cannot private message instead of spamming the forum.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 15:19
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    why do some people insist on letting everyone know they will not be around anymore? maybe you have friends that you cannot private message instead of spamming the forum.
    I think it has something to so with believing that we cant get along without her. Either that or she really thinks that a bunch of heathens like us can effectively pray for her.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 22:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think it has something to so with believing that we cant get along without her. Either that or she really thinks that a bunch of heathens like us can effectively pray for her.
    hey, i can relate to her having a hard time. i cannot relate to like you said, her need to advertise here absence and her problems.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 22:37
    hey, i can relate to her having a hard time. i cannot relate to like you said, her need to advertise here absence and her problems.
    She is a 'judge' apparently. Considering that some people have submitted, or will submit, entries to the sermon comp, she needs to explain if she will be absent and whether that absence will affect her ability to judge the competition entries. It is only fair. And given that she regularly debates with a lot of people on this forum, perhaps it is fitting that she tell them 'at large' that she will not be able to respond to them.

Secondly, she has not advertised her problems. She has only alluded to them, without any description of what those problems are. If that is an advertisement, it is a very weak one.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 00:57
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    She is a 'judge' apparently. Considering that some people have submitted, or will submit, entries to the sermon comp, she needs to explain if she will be absent and whether that absence will affect her ability to judge the competition entries. It is only fair. And given that she regularly debates with a lot of people on this forum, perhaps it is fitting tha ...[text shortened]... description of what those problems are. If that is an advertisement, it is a very weak one.
    Everybody has problems, often very serious ones.
    So thank goodness very few people think like you (and her).
    Otherwise they would have to start a new forum category called 'Personal Problems'. ... 😀
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 01:33
    why cant some people just read "spam" and walk away rather than being an a hole to somebody in a time of need?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 02:27
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Everybody has problems, often very serious ones.
    So thank goodness very few people think like you (and her).
    Otherwise they would have to start a new forum category called 'Personal Problems'. ... 😀
    Actually, it would be more like a forum category called "Personal problems of those judging the spiritual comp, believe in the efficacy of prayer and have the decency to inform those, whom they argue with, that they will be unable to respond to their posts".
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 09:07
    Actually, it would be more like a forum category called "Personal problems of those judging the spiritual comp, believe in the efficacy of prayer and have the decency to inform those, whom they argue with, that they will be unable to respond to their posts".
    if she is in a discussion with someone, let those people know. not all of us. it is not something a person should do, dump his/her problems on someone else, especially since she is not asking for help, and doesn't help her in the slightest.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 09:09
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    why cant some people just read "spam" and walk away rather than being an a hole to somebody in a time of need?
    because it isn't a plea for help, it doesn't help her in the slightest and is just plain useless. it is like an annoying dude saying "i am going to the bathroom now. number two. no need to get up, i was just informing you." thanks for the info, but we really could have done without.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 09:23
    [b]she is not asking for help[b]
    She asked for prayers.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 09:291 edit
    She asked for prayers.
    let's not go down that road. prayers. i wonder what she would think if a muslim offered to pray for her. probably "thanx but it won't do me much good because your god doesn't exist. i know it doesn't because only my god is the real god"
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 09:57
    From her profile:
    I am a Christain(not a watered down so called christian)[...]

Freudian slip?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree