1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 20:311 edit
    RC Sproul on "If God is Sovreign How can Man be Free? " .

YouTube
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jun '15 03:25
    Originally posted by sonship
    RC Sproul on [b]"If God is Sovreign How can Man be Free? " .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iokVMSaLhvU[/b]
    These are all human words. Humans are very creative and have been for tens of thousands of years. You give an intelligent species 10,000 years of trying to figure things out by inventing gods, and if you don't think mankind has invented gods all you have to do is look at the literally thousands of creation tales from around the world and each one sworn to be THE truth, yours just another one of those claiming to be THE truth. I can absolutely guarantee you folks of other religions think THEIR truth is absolute, just look at Dasa. You cannot deny they THINK they know THE truth.
    You cannot deny YOU think YOU know THE truth.

Can't you see some SLIGHT similarity between your two truths? Each one totally valid in their own eyes.

Do you seriously think ONE of those so-called truths is THE one? ALL you have and I mean ALL you have is words in a bible. Your god has touched NOBODY, Dasa's God has touched nobody, Mohammed and his god has touched nobody. The only thing touching anyone from these religions is the death at the hands of militants of ALL of these religions. Sure, if you follow the company line, show up in synagogue or church or whatever, you are considered 'saved' even though NOBODY knows JACK about the reality of any kind of spiritual life, only more and more texts supposedly coming from a deity but I said it now, I said it 60 years ago, no deity would EVER set up such a cruel system, thousands of religions but each one thinking THEY have THE true religion and ALL others are false. Which OF COURSE is exactly what you think as a Christian.

But NONE of you can see it would be representative of dozens of deities if any sense was to be made of all this. OR NO deity is involved in ANY of this religious fervor which mainly is leading to not world peace but further and further down the road of religious war. If you don't think we are in religious war right now, ask the Hindu's why Christians are AS WE SPEAK killing them and VICE VERSA, Hindu's are actively killing Christians and that is to say nothing of Islam hatred at both of those religions.

If you think a deity would set up such a system you have ZERO idea what a real deity is all about.

AND OF COURSE you will pull the 'so now you know the mind of god card' once again.

I think I know what a deity WOULD set up if it wanted to and it CERTAINLY would not be such a screwed up set of religions as we have on the planet right now.

Oh yeah, wars are not the fault of religion, wars are the fault of PEOPLE.

The fact they are 100% convinced, brainwashed, programmed into hatred has of course NOTHING to do with religious based hatred now does it? In your mind anyway.

In the minds of those hating us they are EXTREMELY religious in their hatred fervor but you cannot accept that, not even examine the POSSIBILITY such fervor can exist that has ONLY connection with religion and NOTHING else.

Believe me when I say those other religions are just as TOTALLY sure THEIR religion is THE true religion just as much or MORE than what YOU think is YOUR true religion.

But religions of other cults cannot EVER see that. ONLY their religion is true, NEVER anyone else's.

The ONLY answer is NONE OF THEM ARE TRUE, they are 100% ALL of them man made which is 100% why there are religious wars.

Of course you will vociferously deny ANY of that and just spout more bible verses (written by humans) to support your deity.

You can't have it both ways, ONLY your religion is THE true religion while simultaneously denying ANY possibility that ANY other religion, indeed, even sub sects of your OWN religion as true, only YOUR sect of religion is the true one, those cursed Catholics are in a world all their own and certainly not a true religion, those silly Jehovah Witness cannot POSSIBLY be following the same god as MY TRUE god, they are somehow in cahoots with the devil trying to deceive us TRUE believers.
    You cannot EVER see through the blinders of your programming to even CONSIDER that what I say has ANY truth, you will just pass over what I say without so much as a ripple in your collective minds since you KNOW your religion, and your sub-sect of your religion or the sub-sub-sect of your religion is true, those accursed Methodists and their little sprinkle of their travesty of baptism must be coming from the devil, they are not following the TRUE god, therefore they are following the trickster devil, same with Christian scientists or Mormons or JW or Ana-baptists or Orthodox eastern Christianity, ALL being tricked by a demon or devil.

And you will NEVER think otherwise, you can't because you are all,100% of you so-called religious species of cults are brainwashed so deeply it makes communist indoctrination look like a trip to Disneyland.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '15 03:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Since it is a deity it would know in advance, the result of any test given by said deity, such as Ab with knife in hand ready to kill his son to satisfy his god's question as to Ab's loyalty. Or Eve not passing the test, eating the forbidden fruit. That deity would have known full well if Eve would pass or not that test.

It all shows no deity was needed ...[text shortened]... said to every human on the planet at the same time in their own language, 'here is how it is..."
    Where in the Holy Bible does it say God knows everything in advance? That idea does not agree with what I have read in the Holy Bible. Does the following indicate He knows everything in advance?
    And the LORD said, "The outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah is indeed great, and their sin is exceedingly grave. "I will go down now, and see if they have done entirely according to its outcry, which has come to Me; and if not, I will know."

(Genesis 18:20-21 NASB)
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '15 03:49
    These are all human words. Humans are very creative and have been for tens of thousands of years. You give an intelligent species 10,000 years of trying to figure things out by inventing gods, and if you don't think mankind has invented gods all you have to do is look at the literally thousands of creation tales from around the world and each one sworn to b ...[text shortened]... ults are brainwashed so deeply it makes communist indoctrination look like a trip to Disneyland.
    You are just as deceived as any of those in the false religions of Satan the devil. 😏
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '15 04:022 edits
    Since it is a deity it would know in advance, the result of any test given by said deity, such as Ab with knife in hand ready to kill his son to satisfy his god's question as to Ab's loyalty. Or Eve not passing the test, eating the forbidden fruit. That deity would have known full well if Eve would pass or not that test.

It all shows no deity was needed ...[text shortened]... said to every human on the planet at the same time in their own language, 'here is how it is..."
    Please get your facts right.........

The Hindus are the only religion on earth that have not waged war in aggression.

The Hindus have received all their knowledge from the Vedas ......(BUT)..........they have interpreted and speculated about the Vedas as well, and they have now a fragment and confused spirituality.(this is their only fault but still they are the closest religion on earth that is almost true in every respect.

It is true..............the universes are coming out of the pores of the Maha Vishnu.

Unless you know in full who is the Maha Vishnu and his relationship with spirituality and the living entities (you cannot comment)

After the annihilation of the entire cosmos, the Maha Vishnu draws everything back into himself and all the living entities are put into hibernation until the cosmos is re-created once more.(this has been going on for eternity.) and it shall go on for eternity.

Note: The word Hindu is not found in the Vedas because the word is a recent creation.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '15 04:107 edits
    You are correct, the deity never test the humans ...........BUT..............there is a thing called past-times where the Lord can and if he chooses display human emotions to his devotee,s.

This is only done for the satisfaction of the devotee.(This response is in context with true religion.)

Note: The false story of a supposed suffering God hanging on a cross and dying is not accepted by true religion.(the story was fabricated to make
    people feel guilty and give more to the church) especially death estates.

False religion depends on guilt and shame for their religion to work.

However true religion depends of true knowledge and purity of heart.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '15 04:151 edit
    These are all human words. Humans are very creative and have been for tens of thousands of years. You give an intelligent species 10,000 years of trying to figure things out by inventing gods, and if you don't think mankind has invented gods all you have to do is look at the literally thousands of creation tales from around the world and each one sworn to b ...[text shortened]... ults are brainwashed so deeply it makes communist indoctrination look like a trip to Disneyland.
    What is controlling this cosmos and everything in it....................where not even 1 atom is out of place?
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '15 04:33
    RC Sproul on [b]"If God is Sovreign How can Man be Free? " .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iokVMSaLhvU[/b]
    This world is not our real home and it is correct that no-one can be free here.

However In our true spiritual home we are certainly free and in fact we would be so free we would not even think about freedom.

Do you understand.............the word freedom would not exist in our true spiritual home because for freedom to exist then the duality word bondage would also have to exist (but it does not)
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jun '15 09:124 edits
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Please get your facts right.........

The Hindus are the only religion on earth that have not waged war in aggression.

The Hindus have received all their knowledge from the Vedas ......(BUT)..........they have interpreted and speculated about the Vedas as well, and they have now a fragment and confused spirituality.(this is their only fault but still they ...[text shortened]... ernity.

Note: The word Hindu is not found in the Vedas because the word is a recent creation.
    Hindu's so peace loving? Here is just ONE example of their peace keeping activities:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/christian-enclave-in-india-fears-violence-tension-after-religious-conversions/2014/12/17/4a144784-846b-11e4-abcf-5a3d7b3b20b8_story.html

Or this:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/06/world/asia/modi-gujarat-riots-timeline.html?_r=0#/#time287_8514

Or this:

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/More-violence-in-Chhattisgarh:-40-Hindu-radicals-attack-a-Christian-community-32531.html

I guess all those reports are just American propaganda lies, must be Obama's fault.

These reports are just from the year 2014. There are MANY more just like these.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '15 09:32
    Instead of pouting over the unfairness of God's foreknowledge, why not turn it to your spiritual advantage in faith? It works. I think God is happy when I apply faith to Him in this way for a positive result.
    What impact does turning "unfairness" to your "spiritual advantage" have on the credibility of your own moral compass?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '15 00:003 edits
    You can't have it both ways. Either your deity is infinite, all knowing or it isn't. If it is, the Ab story is BS. If it isn't the John verses are BS. Which is it?

I don't think it was an evangelical (Ralph Waldo Emerson) who said correctly -

" A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds ..."

Emerson was no Bible thumper but had sense enough to point out -

"Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.”

Anyway, God from multiple angles in the whole revelation of the Bible is not a surprise to me.

Besides, you're suppose to be a musician not a philosopher. Let's have a little consistency here. Can't have it both ways.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '15 01:32
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You are correct, the deity never test the humans ...........BUT..............there is a thing called past-times where the Lord can and if he chooses display human emotions to his devotee,s.

This is only done for the satisfaction of the devotee.(This response is in context with true religion.)

Note: The false story of a supposed suffering God hanging on a ...[text shortened]... their religion to work.

However true religion depends of true knowledge and purity of heart.
    You are correct, the deity never test the humans..."

Then why did your deity design reincarnation and carma into creation?

If you're not being tested you're not growing. If you're not being tested you're not learning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree