1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 19:48
    There is one fact that none of us can escape. And that fact is that we are going to die. Do any of you look forward to this day? Why? Why not?
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 19:51
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    There is one fact that none of us can escape. And that fact is that we are going to die. Do any of you look forward to this day? Why? Why not?
    i wouldn't say i look forward to such a day because i think it is rampant with uncertainty (and that goes for all of us, you included). but i do not fear the day.
  3. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 20:00
    i dont fear death, but i fear the manor in which it may be done.
    im not one for canabalistic torture.
    if it was a quick death however, then yipeeeeeeee
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 20:16
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    i wouldn't say i look forward to such a day because i think it is rampant with uncertainty (and that goes for all of us, you included). but i do not fear the day.
    What makes you so sure that nobody can be certain about the day of death?

Have you ever thought about the contrasting behaviours when people die?

I know of many an atheist that have died with horror written all over their face.

I know of many a believer that died with a smile upon the face. I know a very dear old Christian lady that died with a smile on her face. Just before she died, she uttered the words, "The King is coming". As she died she uttered the words, "The King has come."
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 20:30

I know of many an atheist that have died with horror written all over their face.

I know of many a believer that died with a smile upon the face. I know a very dear old Christian lady that died with a s ...[text shortened]... red the words, "The King is coming". As she died she uttered the words, "The King has come."

because faith in what you think will happen is a separate issue from truth value. you may believe very strongly that event X will occur on the day in question, but that's as much as you can claim.

not sure exactly what you mean.

i agree only in that you may think you know a lot. the rest is

🙄

I know of many a believer that died with a smile upon the face. I know a very dear old Christian lady that died with a smile on her face. Just before she died, she uttered the words, "The King is coming". As she died she uttered the words, "The King has come."

see above.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 20:31

I know of many a believer that died with a smile upon the face. I know a very dear old Christian lady that died with a s ...[text shortened]... red the words, "The King is coming". As she died she uttered the words, "The King has come."
    And many Vikings died believing they were going to the halls of Valhalla and thus had no fear of death. So, according to your logic, they must have been right. So if I get into a bitchin knife fight tonight and happen to lose, it's all the mead and personal combat I can take for eternity! Yippee!
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 12:00
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]What makes you so sure that nobody can be certain about the day of death?

because faith in what you think will happen is a separate issue from truth value. you may believe very strongly that event X will occur on the day in question, but that's as much as you can claim.

Have you ever thought about the contrasting behaviours when people d ...[text shortened]... King is coming". As she died she uttered the words, "The King has come."

see above. [/b]

Do you think that it is impossible for anybody to be raised from the dead?

8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 12:01
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    And many Vikings died believing they were going to the halls of Valhalla and thus had no fear of death. So, according to your logic, they must have been right. So if I get into a bitchin knife fight tonight and happen to lose, it's all the mead and personal combat I can take for eternity! Yippee!
    Do you know of any Vikings that were raised form the dead?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 12:041 edit
    Do you know of any Vikings that were raised form the dead?
    Do you know, AS A FACT under the definition you're using in other threads, of anyone being raised from the dead?

EDIT: Vikings, of course, would not want to be raised from the dead once they reached Valhalla.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 12:09
    Do you know, AS A FACT under the definition you're using in other threads, of anyone being raised from the dead?

EDIT: Vikings, of course, would not want to be raised from the dead once they reached Valhalla.

Yes I do.
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 12:22
    Originally posted by dale21
    i dont fear death, but i fear the manor in which it may be done.
    You know you could just steer clear of large houses.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 12:25
    [b] Do you know, AS A FACT under the definition you're using in other threads, of anyone being raised from the dead?

Yes I do.
    [/b]
    You are a liar.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 12:28
    You are a liar.
    I can give you the phone number of the doctor that signed the death certificate. You can ask him yourself.

14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 12:341 edit
    I can give you the phone number of the doctor that signed the death certificate. You can ask him yourself.

Don't be stupid. Doctors have mistakenly signed death certificates before; heck, there's proof of people being buried who weren't dead. Do you think that just because a doctor signs a death certificate that is necessary and sufficient for someone to be actually dead??????🙄

EDIT: Your post reminds me of the scene in the "Princess Bride" where Billy Crystal revives the hero who it turns out, was only "mostly dead". I saw the movie, so I guess I have seen people "raised from the dead" too!!
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 12:39
    Don't be stupid. Doctors have mistakenly signed death certificates before; heck, there's proof of people being buried who weren't dead. Do you think that just because a doctor signs a death certificate that is necessary and sufficient for someone to be actually dead??????🙄
    No.

But you just called me a liar. Do you have evidence to support your accusation? Do you even know whom I am talking about? Were you there when the person died? Are you saying that the heart machine was lying when it showed a that the persons heart had stopped beating? Are you saying that you who was not there is right and everybody that was there is wrong?

C'mon No1, don't be so childish.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree