1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 12:44
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    No.

But you just called me a liar. Do you have evidence to support your accusation? Do you even know whom I am talking about? Were you there when the person died? Are you saying that the heart machine was lying when it showed a that the persons heart had stopped beating? Are you saying that you who was not there is right and everybody that was there is wrong?

C'mon No1, don't be so childish.
    Don't be a jerk. You never saw anybody "raised from the dead" (unless you saw the "Princess Bride"😉 and you know it. Here's my dictionary again:

Death - A permanent cessation of all vital functions.

Ever see anybody "raised" from that?
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 12:44
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Don't be stupid. Doctors have mistakenly signed death certificates before; heck, there's proof of people being buried who weren't dead. Do you think that just because a doctor signs a death certificate that is necessary and sufficient for someone to be actually dead??????🙄

EDIT: Your post reminds me of the scene in the "Princess Bride ...[text shortened]... y "mostly dead". I saw the movie, so I guess I have seen people "raised from the dead" too!!
    his posts remind me of Tommy Finagan
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 12:53
    Don't be a jerk. You never saw anybody "raised from the dead" (unless you saw the "Princess Bride"😉 and you know it. Here's my dictionary again:

Death - A permanent cessation of all vital functions.

Ever see anybody "raised" from that?
    My dictionary (dictionary.com) defines death as "The act of dying; termination of life." It says nothing about it being permanent.

And Yes. I have seen someone becoming alive after their life had terminated.

You know exactly what I mean.

4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 13:57
    My dictionary (dictionary.com) defines death as "The act of dying; termination of life." It says nothing about it being permanent.

And Yes. I have seen someone becoming alive after their life had terminated.

You know exactly what I mean.

What you mean is not being "raised from the dead" in its standard definition. Otherwise, everyone who has had their heart stop and had CPR sucessfully performed on them has been "raised from the dead". Do you think that's what Jesus did in the NT; merely gave some mouth to mouth to people who's hearts had stopped? Do you regard CPR has a "miracle"?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 18:45
    What you mean is not being "raised from the dead" in its standard definition. Otherwise, everyone who has had their heart stop and had CPR sucessfully performed on them has been "raised from the dead". Do you think that's what Jesus did in the NT; merely gave some mouth to mouth to people who's hearts had stopped? Do you regard CPR has a "miracle"?
    So you think a person that has been dead for 24 hours or more is not dead? You think CPR will help?

You think giving a person CPR more than 24 hours after they were medically announced as "dead" will help?
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 19:38
    So you think a person that has been dead for 24 hours or more is not dead? You think CPR will help?

You think giving a person CPR more than 24 hours after they were medically announced as "dead" will help?
    I don't believe you. PROVE that someone medically dead for 24 hours was "raised from the dead". And while you're at it, you can collect $1 million from James Randi who has offered that reward for positive proof of a supernatural occurrence. Happy days, little dj2becker, you're gonna be rich!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree