1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 03:333 edits
    An open letter to no1marauder:

The midnight hour draws near. Please consider the following appeal on behalf of myself and several others who will feel a great void should you follow through on your decision to leave.

I appeal to your sense of compassion. RHP will be worse chess site in your absence. It is always a loss to the game of chess and the playing community to see one of its strong players leave. Your games themselves are an asset to students of the game and it is unfortunate that you have made your last such contribution. You have championed the cause of erecting a new branch off of the easy path of turning a blind eye to cheating, and have helped lead the site down the more challenging yet good and right path of integrity. In your absence, any remaining leadership will be barely audible, if not silent, and without your loud voice, we may be in dire danger of reverting to the easy path. I need not remind you of the site's historical tendency toward greasing squeeky wheels.

I appeal to your sense of comraderie. I won't dispute your finding that most people in the forums are pitiable nuisances. But you must admit that there are numerous members for which you have a higher than "people I can stand" regard. I know that I have made several valuable acquaintances with unique people here, and I'd be surprised if you haven't as well. To abandon these, you surely must be getting something valuable in return. Are you sure you are getting this?

I appeal to your sense of contumeliosity. Where else will you find an arena where you can berate people at your whim and will, where vitriol and verbal abuse is an appreciated art form, and where your demeaning and arrogant creativity can flourish? In the courtrooms of America? I doubt it - the rules of procedure must cramp your style. In the streets of New York? Not without getting your ass whooped. The forums are your easel and your outlet. To abandon them will be to smother all of that disparaging energy, an unfortunate loss to those who value it, including you, me, your clan members, your forum enemies and allies, and likely several others whose trembling in your contumelious presence keeps them from voicing their appreciation.

I urge you to take these appeals into consideration before executing your final decision in this matter.

Dr. S
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 03:40
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

The midnight hour draws near. Please consider the following appeal on behalf of myself and several others who will feel a great void should you follow through on your decision to leave.

I appeal to your sense of compassion. RHP will be worse chess site in your absence. It is always a loss to the game of chess an ...[text shortened]... e these appeals into consideration before executing your final decision in this matter.

Dr. S
    I would appeal to him to take some time away from RHP, but to return after a while. After a restorative hiatus from RHP, he may find he misses us.
  3. Cosmos
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 04:42
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I would appeal to him to take some time away from RHP, but to return after a while. After a restorative hiatus from RHP, he may find he misses us.
    Yeah, miss us like a fart in a space suit!
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 11:44

I appeal to your sense of compassion. RHP will be worse chess site in your absence. It is always a loss to the game of chess an ...[text shortened]... e these appeals into consideration before executing your final decision in this matter.

Dr. S
    ditto
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 11:44
    Originally posted by howardgee
    ditto
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 11:46
    Originally posted by howardgee
    he will miss the intelligent posters like you three and bbarr
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 11:48
    Originally posted by rwingett
    ditto

i dittoed howardgee by accident.
  8. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 13:02

Dr. S
    Same here.
  9. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 13:44

Dr. S
    I fear your eloquent plea is falling upon deaf ears at the moment.

But he'll be back...
  10. London
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 14:15

Dr. S
    Like ivanhoe, wib and others, I suspect no1 will not really leave the site for good. Maybe take a sabbatical, but not leave for good.

In some ways, no1 is a good asset to the forum - he usually does good research and raises some nice points. But I, for one, will not miss those posts where he decides to abandon the etiquette of debate/discussion and abuses the other poster(s).
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 14:302 edits
    The number of threads dedicated to the mafrauder's leaving in more then one forum is really too much ...... good show, mausie ! ....... ha ha ha .......
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 14:361 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    The number of threads dedicated to the mafrauder's leaving in more then one forum is really too much ...... good show, mausie ! ....... ha ha ha .......
    Wow !!! no1 was right about ironman and you're proving him right about you being an @sshole.
    since things usually comes in threes , maybe he's right that there is no god.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree