1. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Aug '14 16:32
    ..is the god which many modern Christians worship. He is a god who unfair and vindictive, because he rewards Christians who practice mouth worship, with eternal life while he condemns to eternal torment anyone who does not know about him.

The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, who I know of is neither unfair nor vindictive. He rewards every man according to his deeds and He is no respecter of persons:

... Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God. (Romans 2:5-11 KJV)

Neither would He torture innocent people for simply living their lives even though they may not know of Him. He is not willing that any should perish but for those who do evil without repenting they will perish.

People who believe in a god who is unfair and who is vindictive, can and will often model their lives after the example set by their god. Their morals and their personal conduct will unfortunately follow the unfairness and vindictiveness of their flawed god.

Its a sad time for Christianity.
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '14 23:43
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    ..is the god which many modern Christians worship. He is a god who unfair and vindictive, because he rewards Christians who practice mouth worship, with eternal life while he condemns to eternal torment anyone who does not know about him.

The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, who I know of is neither unfair nor vindictive. He rewards every man according to ...[text shortened]... ollow the unfairness and vindictiveness of their flawed god.

Will faith endure and be found when Jesus returns? (yes)
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 00:05
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Will faith endure and be found when Jesus returns? (yes)
    And when will that be, the year 1,000,000,000?
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 00:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sometime after God's work in me is done.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 00:50

The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, who I know of is neither unfair nor vindictive. He rewards every man according to ...[text shortened]... ollow the unfairness and vindictiveness of their flawed god.

I'm not so sure the OT God [of Abraham, et al] is 'fair'. What about quotes like, "I love Jacob, but I hate Esau"? Doesn't sound very fair to me. And he was a racist who favored Hebrews above everyone else.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 03:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It will be soon.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 09:25
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I'm not so sure the OT God [of Abraham, et al] is 'fair'. What about quotes like, "I love Jacob, but I hate Esau"? Doesn't sound very fair to me. And he was a racist who favored Hebrews above everyone else.
    This is a reach.

There is righteous, and there is unrighteous. God doesn't concern himself with other, bogus criteria.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 10:22
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    This thing called 'love' and 'hate' when used by God has to be taken with a pinch of salt. God does not used these terms the same way man will use them.

Jacob's line was chosen to be the one from which the Jews & Christ would emerge. That is all that means. God certainly had his reasons which are not known to us. Esau's line was not chosen for that purpose but Esau and his descendants still enjoyed great wealth and prosperity.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 11:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It will be soon.
    Which is the same fantasy touted for the last 2000 years. Live with it. It is not going to happen, no matter HOW far into the future you think it is or how close it is. That story grows older with every passing year. Give it up already.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 11:54

Rajk, did you ever wonder why it says to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:?
    and here it says...
    Gal 3:28-29
    There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
    NKJV
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 12:36
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Rajk, did you ever wonder why it says [b] to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:?
    and here it says...
    Gal 3:28-29
    There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
    NKJV[/b]
    I dont think any part of my post is doubting that Jews are first in Gods plan. Gentiles came in after. What is your point? By the way 'first' does not in any way give the Jews superiority over the Gentiles. So why did you make that point?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 12:53
    I dont think any part of my post is doubting that Jews are first in Gods plan. Gentiles came in after. What is your point? By the way 'first' does not in any way give the Jews superiority over the Gentiles. So why did you make that point?
    Because you have not separated the Church from the Jew and Gentile.

Eph 2:11-18
    Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh — who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands —
    12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
    13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
    15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
    16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.
    17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near.
    18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
    NKJV
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 13:10
    Because you have not separated the Church from the Jew and Gentile.

Eph 2:11-18
    Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh — who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands —
    12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the co ...[text shortened]... hose who were near.
    18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
    NKJV
    Im not going to play the KJ/FMF game with you. If you have something to say, then say it clearly in simple english, thanks.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 13:12
    Im not going to play the KJ/FMF game with you. If you have something to say, then say it clearly in simple english, thanks.
    Do you believe in being "born again"? This would explain much.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 13:24
    Do you believe in being "born again"? This would explain much.
    The expression 'born again' has be very much abused by Christianity and it means many things to as many people. So maybe you can define what you mean by it.

In any case do you believe Judas Iscariot was born again? This would explain much.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree