😏 Hailpotnoodles! FSM is great. Pasta. Pasta. Pasta
    This proves you can't think for yourself. 😏
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Feb '13 15:451 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Ok first off. And this has been said to you a thousand times without it sinking in so I have no hope of you grasping it this time....

The person making a positive claim has the burden of proof.

YOU claim that there IS a god (a specific god no less).

YOU claim that that god created the universe.

YOU claim that JC existed AND rose from the de take that idea seriously.

You have to be seriously unreasonable to think otherwise.
    I have presented the evidence many times, but you continue with your head up your arse and pay no attention. 😏

So you admit you have no proof?
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '13 16:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have presented the evidence many times, but you continue with your head up your arse and pay no attention. 😏

So you admit you have no proof?
    You evidently didn't read (or comprehend) my post.

I admit nothing of the sort, I told you my proof, although to go into it in detail would require
    you to understand quantum theory, modern evolutionary theory, organic chemistry, probability
    theory, and logic and reasoning...

None of which I believe you comprehend.

And you have presented no evidence for your god whatsoever.

Every time I ask you for proof that your god exists you either start quoting the bible, talking about
    some supposed artefacts that even if genuine (something seriously in doubt) wouldn't actually prove
    your claims, and then claim that the universe is obviously designed when it obviously isn't.

NONE of which amounts to evidence for your claims... much of it is actually evidence against your claims.

So as I have said many times before, if you have anything that actually meets the requirements of evidence
    that your god exists by all means share it with us.

You have not done so thus far.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '13 16:05
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    if i received the holy spirit how would i know?
    Good question... Suzianne, do you have an answer for this?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Feb '13 16:14
    Good question... Suzianne, do you have an answer for this?
    I got an answer. If you don't know, then you have not received Him. 😏
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '13 16:19
    I got an answer. If you don't know, then you have not received Him. 😏
    That doesn't answer the question.

HOW can you know that god is talking to you... as opposed to say having a hallucination that god is talking to you?
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '13 16:24
    Originally posted by Kepler
    You would suddenly find yourself in possession of a bottle of Laphroaig.
    ive suddenly found myself in possession of a bottle of famous grouse!! have i been approached by some sort of budget deity?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Feb '13 16:37
    That doesn't answer the question.

HOW can you know that god is talking to you... as opposed to say having a hallucination that god is talking to you?
    An hallucination is not real and does not make sense, whereas, the Holy Spirit is real and makes sense. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Feb '13 16:501 edit
    You evidently didn't read (or comprehend) my post.

I admit nothing of the sort, I told you my proof, although to go into it in detail would require
    you to understand quantum theory, modern evolutionary theory, organic chemistry, probability
    theory, and logic and reasoning...

None of which I believe you comprehend.

And you have presented no e dence
    that your god exists by all means share it with us.

You have not done so thus far.
    I comprehend much more than you think. You are quick to criticize God for inferior creations, when you are unable to make anything that has life. That sounds idiotic to me. You toot evil-lution as being so smart because you claim it can make things over billions of years, yet God can do even better in only six days.

You have never paid much attention to the evidence I have presented or you would have known about the Sudarium of Oviedo. So it seems useless for me to keep repeating everything, when you obviously have your head firmly planted up your arse. 😏
  10. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 00:01
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    ive suddenly found myself in possession of a bottle of famous grouse!! have i been approached by some sort of budget deity?
    Possibly a demi god. Or a sleep walking trip to the offlicence.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 01:51
    An hallucination is not real and does not make sense, whereas, the Holy Spirit is real and makes sense. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    First. Many things are real and do not make sense... You are a prime example of this. More prosaically quantum theory has many results
    that don't make sense but have been experimentally demonstrated real countless times.

Second. Hallucinations are not dreams, they can make perfect sense to the person having them. And the person having them can be (and
    often is) completely unaware that they are having hallucinations.

Third. The "holy spirit" is not real, and you are guilty of circular logic here because I am asking HOW can you tell the difference between
    a hallucination and the "holy spirit" being real. And just declaring that the "holy spirit" is real as a means of telling if the "holy spirit" is real is circular
    and gets us nowhere.

Fourth. The "holy spirit" doesn't make sense.

Fifth Things that make sense are not necessarily real. I could write a fantasy novel with a fantastic world with magic in it and have it all
    make perfect sense... But that wouldn't make it real.

Sixth As a counterpart for point Three... It is similarly circular to state that hallucinations are not real as a criterion for determining if you are
    having a hallucination because the person having the hallucination believes that the hallucination IS real and it's pretty much a defining feature of
    many hallucinations that the person having the hallucination can't tell that they are hallucinating

Your post is thus rebutted and refuted and the question still stands...

12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 08:24
    [b]First. Many things are real and do not make sense... You are a prime example of this. More prosaically quantum theory has many results
    that don't make sense but have been experimentally demonstrated real countless times.

Second. Hallucinations are not dreams, they can make perfect sense to the person having them. And the person having ...[text shortened]... ng to you... as opposed to say having a hallucination that god is talking to you?[/b]
    God has not actually ever talked with me that I could hear and recognize that it was God speaking. I can only tell you that I have felt inspired by the Holy Spirit to learn and seek the truth and deliver the message to others. The learning I received this way agreed with scripture in the Holy Bible, so that is why I believed it was from the Holy Spirit and not from Satan or just an hallucination.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 20:42
    God has not actually ever talked with me that I could hear and recognize that it was God speaking. I can only tell you that I have felt inspired by the Holy Spirit to learn and seek the truth and deliver the message to others. The learning I received this way agreed with scripture in the Holy Bible, so that is why I believed it was from the Holy Spirit and not from Satan or just an hallucination.
    So you think that you have been inspired by god and you know that it was god because what
    you were inspired to do/think matches with your interpretation of the bible...

So, how do you know that the bible was inspired by god?

Because only if you know that the bible is true and inspired by god can you use it as a test for
    whether or not something matches with what god has said in the past.

If the bible was supposed to have been written by people inspired by god... how did they know
    it was god who was inspiring them?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 22:28
    So you think that you have been inspired by god and you know that it was god because what
    you were inspired to do/think matches with your interpretation of the bible...

So, how do you know that the bible was inspired by god?

Because only if you know that the bible is true and inspired by god can you use it as a test for
    whether or not somethi ...[text shortened]... been written by people inspired by god... how did they know
    it was god who was inspiring them?
    All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

(2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV)

For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.

And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

(2 Peter 1:16-21 NKJV)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree