A Jewish social worker has it all wrong...

A Jewish social worker has it all wrong...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Moves
16 Dec 10
5 edits

To make a long story short...

A Jewish social worker asks a group of Jews and hopeful Jewish converts a question.
(Most Jewish converts are not religious...infact, I would say 90% are agnostic before conversion...maybe extreme saying 90% but it's not all Christians like some would assume)

"How does Christmas affect you?"

The social worker expecting responses like" Bring me the head of Christ" gets responses like...
"It is a time when everyone is happy"..."I like the lights"..."I like the music"...etc etc

So the question changes from...."How does Christmas affect you?"...to..."What challenges have you faced since you decided to become Jewish?"

Half the answers were about Jews judging them. Let me rephrase that...Half the class came up with answers how they were judged by Jews. The "real" Jews of course had nothing to say to the original question.

This is where I step in.

I know they judge because I am always judged by them. How? Every Temple I go into I get "can I help you?"...The man before me got a hand shake and a hello.
These are Temples I go to...I am not new. I also went to a Jewish book store and I get asked why I am there and they follow me around. 3 times that has happened.

In there defense I am a big dude covered in tattoos. I was told Jews accept everyone...kind of that..."we are above judgement" crap. I was wrong.

Back to the class...

I asked..."Why do Jews judge so much...yet throughout history they have been judged?...wouldn't you think the Jews would never judge another man because they have been judged so much?"

The social worker doesn't understand me so I refrase my answer/question to...

"Jews have this opinion that they are the chosen people and they judge everyone...how are they any different than nazi's?"

She then tells me I am offensive and tells me I can't talk anymore like in Kindergarten or some shyt.

(The Nazi reference didn't offend anyone because they were Jewish...That isn't why she told me to stop talking)

I start to talk again and she says I can't talk...she says I am "generalizing the Jewish people"

I told her to tell me a method where I can recognize the ones who judge from the ones who don't.

She says she will talk to me after class.

I respond..."If you have a method where I can figure out who judges people and who doesn't then we can talk after class."

**stare down** I WIN.

Long story short...The more I am around Jews...My wife is Jewish...her family...my conversion...THE MORE THEY FEEL LIKE NAZIS.

Her reaction reminds me of a Nazi/Stalin regime.

g

Moves
16 Dec 10

A side note...

I have been with my soon to be wife for 6 years.

For 6 years her extensive family has judged me in every way possible.

Emotional horror you'd think I will become a serial killer.

Why don't I react with violence? I believe Jews are good.

g

Moves
16 Dec 10

That was tonights class.

Can't wait for January 5th. 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by gorookyourself
To make a long story short...

A Jewish social worker asks a group of Jews and hopeful Jewish converts a question.
(Most Jewish converts are not religious...infact, I would say 90% are agnostic before conversion...maybe extreme saying 90% but it's not all Christians like some would assume)

"How does Christmas affect you?"

The social worker ex NAZIS.

Her reaction reminds me of a Nazi/Stalin regime.
I don't see what the problem is. Clearly unaware of your conversion, these people simply wanted to offer you hospitality. It is not as if they secretly knew you were a Jewish convert and approachdc you to give help just to torment you.

g

Moves
16 Dec 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
I don't see what the problem is. Clearly unaware of your conversion, these people simply wanted to offer you hospitality. It is not as if they secretly knew you were a Jewish convert and approach you to give help just to torment you.
It was a conversion class you idiot.

g

Moves
16 Dec 10
1 edit

If that's what a Jewish conversion class is...bring on Satanism. I'm all for it.
How can anyone read my original post and not know it was a Jewsih conversion class? That cost me 1000 dollars and it ain't even half over.

And I am not converting.

Why?

They wanted me to stand naked infront of some dude and draw blood from my genitals to simulate circumcision. No joke.

I told them..."Anyone come near me with a needle gets a broken jaw"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Dec 10

It was a conversion class you idiot.
No, you said you received this treatment when you entered temples or Jewish bookstores. Again, I cannot see what was so offensive. Perhaps you should just explain that you are a convert. They are just trying to be helpful after all. As for the conversion class, I am similarly at a loss to understand your problem.

g

Moves
16 Dec 10

No, you said you received this treatment when you entered temples or Jewish bookstores. Again, I cannot see what was so offensive. Perhaps you should just explain that you are a convert. They are just trying to be helpful after all. As for the conversion class, I am similarly at a loss to understand your problem.
OK...they treated me like I was some thief...so I should correct them and say I was a convert?

Go to a mirror...look at yourself...and punch yourself in the groin.

g

Moves
16 Dec 10
1 edit

Helpful by showing me they don't want me there? I am not new to these Temples or bookstores yet they keep talking to me like I don't belong. Quit trying to make them right when they are wrong. They JUDGE PEOPLE.

g

Moves
16 Dec 10

I've been around and doing this for 6 years...

THEY JUDGE PEOPLE WORSE THAN HITLER.

g

Moves
16 Dec 10
1 edit

I saw a black guy walk into Temple once and I have to admit...they had 15 Jews stopping him 10 feet from the door.

Everyone assumes Jews are sweet and nice.

I am marrying one and converting to Judaism...Jews are mean!

g

Moves
16 Dec 10

I shouldn't have to explain anything...they say the religion is based on accepting everyone.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Dec 10

OK...they treated me like I was some thief...so I should correct them and say I was a convert?

Go to a mirror...look at yourself...and punch yourself in the groin.
It doesn't seem that they treated you like a thief. In a bookstore, it is quite common to offer assistance. This is called customer service. Now whenever I have attended an unfamiliar church, people have always greeted me and welcomed me. If you are not ethnically Jewish, this man would have no reason to expect that you are a Jewish, unless you were already introduced to him. Just take it as a gracious gesture of hospitality that he offered you help.

Your situation does not sound unusual for me. I know a convert to the Greek Orthodox Church who, not being Greek, is often perceived as a visitor. There is no need to be offended however. He just introduced himself to the community, got involved and there was no need for resentment.

rc

Moves
16 Dec 10

I shouldn't have to explain anything...they say the religion is based on accepting everyone.
i met a women in Glasgow, near where i live who had a similar experience, she was married to Jewish surgeon and attended conversion classes and studied for more than five years to become a Jewess. The reasons that she gave were so that her husbands family would not avoid her on the street and treat her like she was beneath them, her actual words were, so that they would, 'not spit on the pavement as i walked past', you get the picture. anyhow, when i met her, she was breaking down, her marriage was breaking down, she told me that her husband was only interested in two things, 'money and sex', and he had left her and gone off with another women, they had seven children together prior to this. i really really felt for that women, she was a beautiful person. You can imagine her unwillingness to accept the offer of a free home bible study after such an experience.