1. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 09:40
    Originally posted by DanielPasono
    I'm afraid you mis-understand Christianity, Angie.
    The point of Christianity is to get people into a relationship with God. He created us for that very purpose.
    Now, once one understands what God has already done for them, they will try to please God by doing what He asks, thus "doing the right thing." But make no mistake, Jesus does not lead by coer ...[text shortened]... with love. Man-made religions can lead by coersion or guilt, but God never does.

Daniel
    Sounds illogical to me. Why would I create a world filled with thousand of species among which one of the spieces is there only to get in relationship with me? (assuming I'm God.)

I must be very lonely, then.
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 09:47
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    The Universe has infinite dimensions and is permeated everywhere with a gauge-field . This gauge-field , which is flat, does have localized curvatures. These curvatures act like human synapses making the Universe into a giant brain ( for want of a better word), this is what god is.
    Matter is created by a sharp curving of this field and that sharp delinea ...[text shortened]... due with the more or less incomplete messages that our holy-men can derive through meditation.
    I think you and I are currently on the same page. You, obviously, is much more educated. I hope I will be able to challenge your knowledge someday in the friendliest of manners. ๐Ÿ™‚

I read a little about Valentinus yesterday. I haven't found this "imperfect connection" you're talking about yet. I'll just skip to the gospel of truth, then.
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 09:541 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    So, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Your first line killed the rest of your post.
    Erasing that, however, the Living God does not need anyone's belief to further anything He has done. You are imposing on the issue within Christianity, a type of 'do you believe in the tooth fairy' mentality, which the Bible does not claim for t eracity, for that is not the issue.

The spiritual questions are first class conditionals.
    The spiritual questions are first class conditions.

I like that sentence, although I have no idea what you're talking about. I mean, what in your opinion makes them "first class". Isn't any condition arbitrary in comparison with any other condition? I mean a condition is a condition. It can't be more or less. Can it?
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 13:25
    Originally posted by stocken
    Sounds illogical to me. Why would I create a world filled with thousand of species among which one of the spieces is there only to get in relationship with me? (assuming I'm God.)

I must be very lonely, then.
    God is love. In order for love to be fully expressed, it needs to be shared. God created us to share His love with us. That's why we have free will. Without free will, there would be no love (my computer doesn't love me, even though it follows my commands to the letter). Free will is what has gotten man into so much trouble, but it's a requirement of the plan.

Daniel
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 15:411 edit
    God is love. In order for love to be fully expressed, it needs to be shared. God created us to share His love with us. That's why we have free will. Without free will, there would be no love (my computer doesn't love me, even though it follows my commands to the letter). Free will is what has gotten man into so much trouble, but it's a requirement of the plan.

Daniel
    AAAAAARGH ! I can´t take it anymore.

I try to get tis one in line:

1. For god all three time zones (past, present and future) are aware at once. Why he does not just pick the right ones and scr.. the others ? He already knows who will be worthy !

2. Free will
    You are right free will is an invention of god but the wisdom to decide whats good and wrong were granted to us by lucifer (but he already knew that so why don´t just give us the apple and kick us out of paradise ?). So what god wanted in the first place (unless he planned this one than why punishing us for something he wanted us to do ?)
    where disabled persons who did whatever they want when they want but didn´t know whether its good or not or questioning moral.

3. His laws

When he created the world why should he fill it with things he doesn´t wanted us to do unless he is sadistic.
    Its really like in devils advocate. see but don´t touch, touch but don´t taste, taste but don´t swallow. What is that all about ?

PS: I refused to believe in him and live his laws looong ago.

Edit: in line
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 15:49

Daniel
    So you're saying, that beneath that omniscient, cold exterior, God just wants to be... loved?
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 16:41
    You, obviously, is much more educated.
    ๐Ÿ™‚
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 17:00
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    ๐Ÿ™‚
    You mean ๐Ÿ˜ 

I will not talk to you! You is bad!

๐Ÿ˜ต
  9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 17:13
    Originally posted by Rochade

I try to get tis one in line:

1. For god all three time zones (past, present and future) are aware at once. Why he does not just pick the right ones and scr.. the others ? He already knows who will be worthy !

2. Free will
    You are right free will is an invention of god but the wisdom to decide whats good and ...[text shortened]... ll about ?

1. Incoherent

2. Also incoherent, but I'll give it a shot. Lucifer didn't give us free will, he was simply the catalyst for our abuse of it. Mentally disabled persons will be judged much more leniently than those who are completely aware that what they're doing is wrong.

3. Let me give you an argument analogous to this one:

"Wahhhhhhhh, mommy! I don't wanna be grounded! Why'd YOU leave the car keys where I could find them if you didn't want me driving without a license?!"

As usual, skeptics like to totally throw personal responsibility out the window so they can continue hissing and stomping.
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 17:28
    Originally posted by Darfius
    1. Incoherent

2. Also incoherent, but I'll give it a shot. Lucifer didn't give us free will, he was simply the catalyst for our abuse of it. Mentally disabled persons will be judged much more leniently than those who are completely aware that what they're doing is wrong.

3. Let me give you an argument analogous to this one:

"Wahhhhhhhh, mommy! I ...[text shortened]... throw personal responsibility out the window so they can continue hissing and stomping.
    Being irresponsible has nothing to do with being a sceptic in the belief of a God. Any theist can be just as irresponsible, like when you compare God and humans with a mommy and a little baby. I recent that!
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 17:56
    I thought the subject of this thread was "a mathematical approach", guess Ima gonna needs to learn Anglespeak. Ifn i do I will out dabates yall.
  12. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 17:59
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    I thought the subject of this thread was "a mathematical approach", guess Ima gonna needs to learn Anglespeak. Ifn i do I will out dabates yall.
    Well, in that case, I'll just leave. Bye now.
  13. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 18:10
    Well, in that case, I'll just leave. Bye now.
    ifn yu du, dis dabate wil go fast ta flop
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 18:21
    The spiritual questions are first class conditions.

I like that sentence, although I have no idea what you're talking about. I mean, what in your opinion makes them "first class". Isn't any condition arbitrary in comparison with any other condition? I mean a condition is a condition. It can't be more or less. Can it?
    If, and it is assumed to be so...
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 18:28
    Originally posted by Rochade

He already knows who will be worthy !
    See? You already know more than you do.

but didn´t know whether its good or not or questioning moral.
    Suggestion: less alcohol, more vitriol.

What is that all about ?
    The world is in a fallen state, as is man. Not always the case, but certainly since that first decision, onward, it has been. The issue which now faces every man in time, is whether or not to accept what Jesus Christ did on the cross, as one's own work.

And that is your choice, given to you by Him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree