1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 21:31
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]He already knows who will be worthy !
    See? You already know more than you do.

but didn´t know whether its good or not or questioning moral.
    Suggestion: less alcohol, more vitriol.

What is that all about ?
    The world is in a fallen state, as is man. Not always the case, but certainly since that first decision, onward, it has ...[text shortened]... believe in him and live his laws looong ago.[/b]
    And that is your choice, given to you by Him.[/b]
    I have come to the conclusion that the mundane, picaune arguments about good and evil are a waste of time, since invariably they only get people fighting and worse wisecracking. The latter of which I am also guilty of, however in this thread I, which I had erroneously assumed would become about a mathematical approach to explaining the existance or non-existance of god, has become a smorgasbord of boring religico-philosophical ideas , albeit dumbed-down, to such a degree that it has become just as useless as any of the other threads.At any rate I am returning to my search for knowlege, which , as always, is never fully finished,
    CYALL LATER
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 22:44
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    I have come to the conclusion that the mundane, picaune arguments about good and evil are a waste of time, since invariably they only get people fighting and worse wisecracking. The latter of which I am also guilty of, however in this thread I, which I had erroneously assumed would become about a mathematical approach to explaining the existan ...[text shortened]... turning to my search for knowlege, which , as always, is never fully finished,
    CYALL LATER
    Just a suggestion, frogstomp.

Start your own thread. Those members who is actually on your, clearly superior level of IQ can join in, Then you can discuss the subject of God using mathemagics with people who can actually understand what you're talking about.

SO(10)
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 02:08
    Originally posted by stocken
    Just a suggestion, frogstomp.

Start your own thread. Those members who is actually on your, clearly superior level of IQ can join in, Then you can discuss the subject of God using mathemagics with people who can actually understand what you're talking about.

SO(10)
    SU(3)
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 02:14
    The Universe has infinite dimensions and is permeated everywhere with a gauge-field . This gauge-field , which is flat, does have localized curvatures. These curvatures act like human synapses making the Universe into a giant brain ( for want of a better word), this is what god is.
    Matter is created by a sharp curving of this field and that sharp delinea ...[text shortened]... due with the more or less incomplete messages that our holy-men can derive through meditation.
    I have no idea what a gauge-field is. I looked it up on wikipedia, but my math is too impoverished.

Nevertheless, this seems akin also (in addition to Valentius) to the monistic view of Jewish kabbalah (I’m thinking especially of the Sefer Yetzirah and it’s more mathematical expressions. I’m going to do some more digging…
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 02:37
    Originally posted by vistesd
    I have no idea what a gauge-field is. I looked it up on wikipedia, but my math is too impoverished.

Nevertheless, this seems akin also (in addition to Valentius) to the monistic view of Jewish kabbalah (I’m thinking especially of the Sefer Yetzirah and it’s more mathematical expressions. I’m going to do some more digging…
    An electromagnetic field is a simple example of a gauge field.
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 02:40
    An electromagnetic field is a simple example of a gauge field.
    Thank you. That helps.
  7. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 03:09
    Originally posted by Rochade
    1. For god all three time zones (past, present and future) are aware at once. Why he does not just pick the right ones and scr.. the others?

2. Free will
    so why don´t just give us the apple and kick us out of paradise ?

3. His laws
    When he created the world why should he fill it with things he doesn´t wanted us to do unless he is sadistic.

PS: I refused to believe in him and live his laws looong ago.

Edit: in line
    1. He doesn't just scr.. the others because God loves ALL of us and doesn't want anyone to go to hell. You don't cut down the entire tree for a few bad apples. And some of those bad apples will change and accept God before they die. Until then, they roam the earth doing their damage.

2. The tree in the garden was there out of need. If I can't choose to oppose God, I don't have free will (my computer does not have free will). If I don't have free will, my obdience to God is nothing more than something I've been programmed to do. There would be no love involved at all. So, in order for there to be love there had to be choice, and thus the tree.

3. The only thing in the world God created that we man wasn't suppose to touch was the tree. That's it. One thing, on all the planet. The rest of the garbage is all man made. That pesky free will again...

You refused? Why? What motivated you to actively reject God?

Daniel
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 03:14
    Originally posted by stocken
    So you're saying, that beneath that omniscient, cold exterior, God just wants to be... loved?
    Simply put, yes.

When asked, Jesus said the greatest commandmentss are these:
    Love God with your whole mind, body, and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself.

Love is what it's all about.

Daniel
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 03:381 edit
    Originally posted by DanielPasono
    Simply put, yes.

When asked, Jesus said the greatest commandmentss are these:
    Love God with your whole mind, body, and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself.

Love is what it's all about.

Daniel
    You make your all-almighty, all-knowing God sound like a needy 14 year old overweight girl begging for a prom date. Not a very dignified deity to grovel to.
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 07:41
    SU(3)
    SO(10) -> SU(5)->(SU(3)xSU(2)xU(1))

???
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 03:28
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You make your all-almighty, all-knowing God sound like a needy 14 year old overweight girl begging for a prom date. Not a very dignified deity to grovel to.
    Well, if you can find a 14 year old overweight girl who can create life and speak the cosmos into existance, I'll worship her as well. 😀

Daniel
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 03:33
    Well, if you can find a 14 year old overweight girl who can create life and speak the cosmos into existance, I'll worship her as well. 😀

Daniel
    And when you can find an omnipotent being who can do that let the rest of us know too!!
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 03:35

Daniel
    OK, found one. Now worship her.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 03:42
    Originally posted by angie88
    From the way I understand it, the aim of Christianity is to make people do the right thing. Does anybody agree with me on this?

Angie
    No. See ...

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=35999
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 03:47
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Seriously, though, God is love. Does God have a need? I suppose He does. And that need drove Him to create your life and mine.
    Now you can choose to look at Him as a needy child or you can choose to see Him as a loving creator that loves His creation so much He sent His only son to be tortured to death by His creation just to give us a way out of a problem we created ourselves. Either way, you wouldn't exist if He didn't love you.

Daniel

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree