1. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 03:19
    I want to create a new religion based on the following:

1) Life is so miraculous and near perfect that it must have been created (invented and made).

2) Thus, there is indeed a God (Creator) or, indeed, Gods (Creators).

3) BUT!!!! The God /Gods have NEVER, after creation, communicated with humans or any other living things.

4) All who claim to be Prophets of God (s) are deceivers.

5) The real challenge in life is NOT TO CLAIM to be a prophet of God(s).

6) All those who do not claim to be a Prophet of God (s) go to heavan. All those who claim to be a Prophet of God(s) get burned or something terrible.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 05:29
    Originally posted by znsho

1) Life is so miraculous and near perfect that it must have been created (invented and made).

3) BUT!!!! The God /Gods have NEVER, after creation, communicated with humans or any other living things.

4) All who claim to be P ...[text shortened]... s) go to heavan. All those who claim to be a Prophet of God(s) get burned or something terrible.
    By 'creating' a religion are you not to some degree claiming to be a 'prophet of God'? Shall we burn you?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 05:34

4) All who claim to be P ...[text shortened]... s) go to heavan. All those who claim to be a Prophet of God(s) get burned or something terrible.
    1) + 2) + 3) = Deism
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 05:37

Try Hollywood, California. They come up with a new religion every 2-3 weeks! 😏
  5. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 13:31
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    By 'creating' a religion are you not to some degree claiming to be a 'prophet of God'? Shall we burn you?
    No, because I believe in a Creator (s) but I also hve never, ever had contact with him / her / them / it.
  6. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 13:31
    Originally posted by bill718
    Try Hollywood, California. They come up with a new religion every 2-3 weeks! 😏
    Any web sites for therse new religions?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 14:22
    No, because I believe in a Creator (s) but I also hve never, ever had contact with him / her / them / it.
    So why should we trust that you are telling the truth? How do you know about the creator?
  8. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 15:36
    So why should we trust that you are telling the truth? How do you know about the creator?
    You do not have to trust that I am telling the truth. My new religion is truly free. I know about the creator(s) for the same reason other believers believe - the miracle of life, the universe and everything. The major difference is, I think it must have been a joint effort so I suspect, though can not be certain, that there is more than one creator.
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 18:072 edits
    "So why should we trust that you are telling the truth? How do you know about the creator?"

he/she heard it from a reliable source (a prophet) who in many other senses is a deceiver but not in this case, who is now being grilled as I type this?
    tis tricky!
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 02:38

I have already started that religion over a year ago. What are you going to do about it?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 05:40
    You do not have to trust that I am telling the truth. My new religion is truly free. I know about the creator(s) for the same reason other believers believe - the miracle of life, the universe and everything. The major difference is, I think it must have been a joint effort so I suspect, though can not be certain, that there is more than one creator.
    But you claimed to know intimate details such as the fact that the creators have never communicated with humans. How did you find that out?
  12. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 11:33
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I have already started that religion over a year ago. What are you going to do about it?
    Send me a link. We either meld or become different branches.
  13. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 11:34
    But you claimed to know intimate details such as the fact that the creators have never communicated with humans. How did you find that out?
    Faith.
  14. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 11:49

….Life is so miraculous and near perfect that ….
    ..…

“near perfect”? I don’t know exactly how “near” it has to be to be “near perfect” but I would say that the fact that such flaws exist in life such as the blood vessels for the human retina being in front of the retina where it partly blocks incoming light etc means you would surely not call it “near perfect”?
    So I would say your new religion is a non-starter because this basic assumption can be apparently shown to be wrong.
  15. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 12:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you guys religions going to overlap?
    Just do what all other religions do; FIGHT!;o

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree