1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 07:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I think a lot of people in this forum need to go buy a sense of humor or something. Look, I know life is so exceedingly tedious for some of you that not only do you not have any joy in your own life, but you need to also suck the joy out of anyone who is still amazed by coincidence and can still find wonder in the most mundane things. My God is an awesome ...[text shortened]... alled home unexpectedly. Be ready to depart at, literally, any time.

Live the abundant life!
    If your God had a sense of humor, he'd be a lot more appealing to me.

Hakuna matata.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 07:55
    Originally posted by moonbus
    If your God had a sense of humor, he'd be a lot more appealing to me.

Hakuna matata.
    Look at it this way. God made humans. What more evidence do you need of God's sense of humor? πŸ˜›
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 08:05
    Where are you going Suzianne? Why is this a 'parting thought'? You do realize, I hope, that you would be missed, so please explain. πŸ™‚
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 08:23
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Where are you going Suzianne? Why is this a 'parting thought'? You do realize, I hope, that you would be missed, so please explain. πŸ™‚
    Relax, I'm not going anywhere. The day I had created this thread, I had written quite a lot of posts in many threads. I was just 'signing off' for the day, so it was a 'parting thought', my last post of the day. That's all, no big mystery.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 08:30
    I think a lot of people in this forum need to go buy a sense of humor or something. Look, I know life is so exceedingly tedious for some of you that not only do you not have any joy in your own life, but you need to also suck the joy out of anyone who is still amazed by coincidence and can still find wonder in the most mundane things. My God is an awesome ...[text shortened]... alled home unexpectedly. Be ready to depart at, literally, any time.

Live the abundant life!
    Thumbs up.
    Enjoy your god so long as it does not impinge on others.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 08:33
    I was just 'signing off' for the day, so it was a 'parting thought', my last post of the day. That's all, no big mystery.
    .... no big mystery... [Xfilesmusic] just coincidence [/Xfilesmusic]
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 08:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    "I AM" is good enough for me, so I am not going to try to convince her otherwise. Just deal with it. 😏

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Difficult to argue with empirical evidence, isn't it Hinds.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 09:03
    Look at it this way. God made humans. What more evidence do you need of God's sense of humor? πŸ˜›
    Point taken.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 09:042 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You already have your misogynist scout badge, you don't have to keep working for it.
    Are you denying the fact? I have seen countless movies where the presence of a lady (we wont use chick incase it offends those hyper sensitive sensitivities of yours) immediately slows down the action, the mood softens, violins play, the moon shimmers on some loch and the hero is engaged in kissy kissy while the troops await his arrival. Simply pointing this fact out to you is not misogynistic despite your now hysterical claims.

Perhaps you are not ready for reality and need to label anyone who offends those rather delicate sensitivities of yours with some grotesque caricature. Pointing out that cladies slow down the action in many movies is not misogynistic its a statement of fact. Maybe all those movie makers were misogynists too, and all the actors and actresses who portrayed the characters and all the theatre goers who watched the films. All misogynist because the presence of a lady slowed down the action. Wow dweebs be a dweebin.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 09:091 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    It seems that it may not be an easy thing for two top rated chess players to successfully carry on a relationship while maintaining the level of commitment needed to remain at the top of their game. This is ironic because one would think it would be easier, they could spend time together and train at the same time. Who knows what transpired between them, maybe the illusion failed to turn into something real and when reality set in, as it inevitably does it became apparent that they were nor suited for each other, or that their profession was suffering.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 20:221 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 20:50
    Yes perhaps but she is still a Grandmaster in her own right and must have at least provided some sport for Moro.

Chess players can be real douchebags sometimes.

From what I listened to of Irina she seems a very determined young lady, sure of her chess prowess and has a feisty fighting spirit, at least with regard to her chess. My favourite at the moment is Camilla Baginskaite, her voice has a beautiful sing song quality and she is an excellent teacher.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 21:091 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 08:471 edit
    Having listened to Moro's interviews he appears to me not to be the kind of person that would trifle with a young ladies heart. Infact he appears to me not to be particularly comfortable around ladies. He states that after training with Zu Chen that he would not train with ladies again, why he does not articulate, although he does state that he enjoyed and learned many cultural aspects about China and the Chinese which pleased him. His modest self appraisal is sometimes brutal and I suspect that it was perhaps this pragmatic approach which guided his relationship with a young Miss Krush, who can say. He certainly does not appear to me to be a scoundrel who would take advantage of a vulnerable young women with hopes and dreams of her own.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 11:02
    Look, I know life is so exceedingly tedious for some of you that not only do you not have any joy in your own life, but you need to also suck the joy out of anyone who is still amazed by coincidence and can still find wonder in the most mundane things.
    Actually it is you that claimed that there were no true coincidences. Have you considered the possibility that some of us take joy in the fact that genuine coincidences do exist? Have you considered the fact that maybe some of us see beauty in the mathematics that surrounds coincidences? Have you considered the fact that maybe some of use take joy in the fact that the human brain is remarkable in its ability to find patterns? Have you considered the possibility that some of us enjoy fairy tales just as much as you do but we don't necessarily think it is right to should 'I believe in fairies' in public.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree