1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 07:02
    Originally posted by josephw

There may not be coincidences, but there are chance occurrences.
    I recall the story (heard on the radio) of a Manager who was walking along the street during his lunch break when a public telephone box started ringing. For whatever reason he decided to answer it and was surprised to hear the familiar voice of one of his colleagues, who casually started talking about a work issue. - Anyway, turns out the colleague had accidentally dialed an invoice number, rather than the Manager's actual phone number, an invoice number that 'coincidentally' happened to be the phone number of the telephone box he happened to be walking passed at the time.

Coincidences exist.......And so does Batman.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 07:481 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Anyway, turns out the colleague had accidentally dialed an invoice number, rather than the Manager's actual phone number, an invoice number that 'coincidentally' happened to be the phone number of the telephone box he happened to be walking passed at the time.

Coincidences exist.......And so does Batman.
    If you work out the number of wrong numbers people dial each year and the number of actual numbers available in a country and the average number of phones people are close to at any given time, I think you will find that such coincidences are expected to happen. So if they do not, as Suzy claims, then God must be carefully stopping people from dialling certain numbers in order to prevent such coincidences..

I just had a thought: Suzy better not put her beliefs on her Facebook page or any other public site connected to her real life or she will start encountering some rather interested pickup lines whenever she goes out. Certainly if she meets someone in a bar, it can't be coincidence so she has to figure out what God has planned.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 19:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 20:14
    will someone please tell her I AM is not an accurate translation of the original Hebrew, sigh... Lord knows I have tried.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_that_I_Am
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 20:33
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Its the same in movies, chicks always slow down the action.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 21:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its the same in movies, chicks always slow down the action.
    You already have your misogynist scout badge, you don't have to keep working for it.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 06:111 edit
    will someone please tell her I AM is not an accurate translation of the original Hebrew, sigh... Lord knows I have tried.

"I AM" is good enough for me, so I am not going to try to convince her otherwise. Just deal with it. 😏

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 20:051 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 20:491 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Rearrange 'redbadger' and you get 'Bar dredge.'

Coincidence? I think not.
    Rearrange "Boston Lad" and you get "BO and lost"

Coincidence? I think not
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 20:58
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Rearrange "Boston Lad" and you get "BO and lost"

Coincidence? I think not
    πŸ™‚

We are ahead of our time sir and will not be fully appreciated until after we are gone.
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 03:211 edit

Moses asked for his name so he could tell the people who sent him. God said I am what I am, so tell them I AM sent you. It's interesting to note that God did not say I am who I am. He said I am what I am. Or you could say I AM THAT I AM if you prefer... I'm not going to quibble over words, or whether it should all be in upper case letters or not.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that I Am simply means he IS... has always been, and always will be.

see?
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 14:27
    Re-arrange "RJHinds" and you get "Rind S.J.": the inedible shell of a Jesuit monk.

Oh, I forgot to remove the "H", just for the 'ell of it.

Coincidence? Mebe, mebe not.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 02:02
    I think a lot of people in this forum need to go buy a sense of humor or something. Look, I know life is so exceedingly tedious for some of you that not only do you not have any joy in your own life, but you need to also suck the joy out of anyone who is still amazed by coincidence and can still find wonder in the most mundane things. My God is an awesome god, who takes pleasure in the type of pure 'joy of life' experiences that I mention here, who loves us so much that he sent his own Son to pay the price of our sin debt for us.

Live, love and laugh, for tomorrow you may be called home unexpectedly. Be ready to depart at, literally, any time.

Live the abundant life!
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 02:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I think a lot of people in this forum need to go buy a sense of humor or something. Look, I know life is so exceedingly tedious for some of you that not only do you not have any joy in your own life, but you need to also suck the joy out of anyone who is still amazed by coincidence and can still find wonder in the most mundane things. My God is an awesome ...[text shortened]... alled home unexpectedly. Be ready to depart at, literally, any time.

Live the abundant life!
    Thank you.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 05:41
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "A parting thought"

Are you off again?
    It's a reasonable question, not sure why Suzianne gave me a thumbs down for it. πŸ˜•

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree