1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    11 Oct '11 00:50
    The more I think about the God thing, the more I see it as a division between a personal humanoid type God, and an impersonal creative force that is basically everything, and we are all part of that everything. The East versus the West. Who is right and who is delusional ? Would Jesus be pals with Krishna ?
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '11 00:58
    Originally posted by buckky
    The more I think about the God thing, the more I see it as a division between a personal humanoid type God, and an impersonal creative force that is basically everything, and we are all part of that everything. The East versus the West. Who is right and who is delusional ? Would Jesus be pals with Krishna ?
    The realization of God comes to us in 3 stages. (so called Eastern version)

1. The Supreme Personality's of Godhead (the transcendental person)

2. The localized Paramatma - super soul within the heart.

3. Brahman the all pervading energy of God.

True and complete realization of God must embrace all 3 aspects of God.

Impersonalism is the acceptance only of the Brahman realization. (incomplete)

Vedanta Sutra recognizes and presents the highest realization of God (Bhagavan)

From the authority Veda.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Oct '11 04:07
    Yes and no. "be pals" is an inconclusive term that may have a much different meaning for a non-athropormorphized god.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '11 07:15
    All western religions are coming along in recent times meaning they have been fabricated.

Just that in itself - is enough to question them.

However the Vedas are eternal.

And also consequently God is eternal.

It doesn't take much to understand which religion is authentic.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 19:39
    Originally posted by Dasa
    All western religions are coming along in recent times meaning they have been fabricated.

Just that in itself - is enough to question them.

However the Vedas are eternal.

And also consequently God is eternal.

It doesn't take much to understand which religion is authentic.
    "It doesn't take much to understand which religion is authentic."

Apparently it does.
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 21:261 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The realization of God comes to us in 3 stages. (so called Eastern version)

1. The Supreme Personality's of Godhead (the transcendental person)

2. The localized Paramatma - super soul within the heart.

3. Brahman the all pervading energy of God.

True and complete realization of God must embrace all 3 aspects of God.

Impersonalism is the accepta ...[text shortened]... a recognizes and presents the highest realization of God (Bhagavan)

From the authority Veda.
    this is similar to the Christian concept of the Trinity (Father-Son-Holy Spirit).

The Father sort of conveys the idea of God being a transcendent reality that exists beyond space and time itself.

The Son sort of conveys the idea of God dwelling in the deepest part of each person's heart

the Holy Spirit sort of conveys the idea that God is essentially love itself - a love that pervades all things
  7. St. Peter's
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 21:43
    or is Jesus Krishna?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree